Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ugly must have win! Game balls @ Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Lawrence:  Although he missed some big time throws he made many more positive plays than negative. The one int was a clear miss by the refs. 364 yds, 2 total tds

Ridley: Just as I was writing him off he has put together 2 big games back to back.  5 catches 89 yds 1 td and a 2 point catch

Kirk: Another 4 catch 89 yard effort

Farrell: 3 catches for 55 yards

Josh Allen: Another 2.5 sack game. He was felt

Walker: A key assist in a late game sack

Mcmanus: Despite the miss the guy has been great for us
There is no complaining this week. We got the win and got outta there.

I hope Cam is ok.

‘No Complaints Week’
Ugly win? We just beat one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now at their home stadium get the [BLEEP] out of here with ugly win
Game ball goes to the NFL script writers and Vegas for making sure they cover the 2 point favorites. Also the field goal techs for turning on the magnets for the sure-fire miss.
Josh Allen gets my game ball.

All wins are beautiful IMO.
The Houston running game, aside from Stroud scrambling, held Singletary to 18 yards and Pierce to 14 yards! Some props to Oluokun, Lloyd, and Jenkins, in addition to Allen.
Lawrence accounted for 6 TDs in the last two games.

Allen hits 11.5 sacks on the year. Caldrac, I don’t know bro…we kinda have to at this point. I can’t turn a blind eye to 11.5 sacks. He prolly sets the franchise record in the next couple games.

Ridley with the dropped TD. Hit him dead in the hands.
(11-26-2023, 05:28 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Game ball goes to the NFL script writers and Vegas for making sure they cover the 2 point favorites. Also the field goal techs for turning on the magnets for the sure-fire miss.

Yeah, I'm sure bettors made a TON of money gambling on the small market Jaguars. You can go back to watching Ric Flair and The Rock on old YouTube clips now.
Game Ball to the entire O-Line in pass protection.  They stepped up when so many were hating on them.  I wish I could give a game ball to Press Taylor, but the dude is a clown.

Great job by Herndon too.

How bout Travon Walker?  He's gotta have a game ball.  Dude was all over the place.  He's showing why he deserved the #1 overall pick.  He's got an infinite motor, he's got a high football IQ, and he's always putting pressure on the QB.  He may not get there every time right now, but the dude is a wrecking ball.

Allen?  I'd hate to see him go, but he may be a cap casualty.  Either way, he played very well today.

McManus and Cooke also saved our hides this game.

Also, a game ball should be given to the refs for making up for that Lawrence INT that was clearly a defensive holding.  

GO JAGS!!!
This was a huge win. I'm so proud of this team. One down, six to go.
Yes, great win. A little pay back served cold. A lot of good players get game balls. Allen, Trevor, Ridley.
(11-26-2023, 05:28 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Game ball goes to the NFL script writers and Vegas for making sure they cover the 2 point favorites. Also the field goal techs for turning on the magnets for the sure-fire miss.

That was a great script, no doubt about it.  very suspenseful.
(11-26-2023, 05:39 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]Game Ball to the entire O-Line in pass protection.  They stepped up when so many were hating on them.  I wish I could give a game ball to Press Taylor, but the dude is a clown.

Lol, the only clown here is you. Where you been all day? We missed the comic relief all game long.
Josh Allen gets game ball and a new deal! Ridley also came through and needs to be re-signed.
Lots of stuff to clean up  - but there were stand outs even if they made mistakes

Josh Allen
Kirk
Ridley
Trevor

Those are the most notable

Lots of good hustle by the whole secondary on several plays when Stroud evaded pressure for several seconds but couldn't find a target

Lloyd flashed on a few key open field tackles when the ball carrier may have made it to the sticks but did not

Jags moved the ball efficiently on most drives but continue to struggle in the red zone - gotta find more efficiency there to keep this train rolling in the offseason

The defense as a whole showed they can limit talented mobile QBs just enough if the offense scores enough to keep up
Not an easy task in the modern NFL
(11-26-2023, 05:48 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen gets game ball and a new deal! Ridley also came through and needs to be re-signed.

That TD drop by Ridley was painful.  But for him to come back and get the Octopus in the 3rd Quarter was clutch.  Allen and Walker together are a monster matchup.  They are like Henderson and Stroud but on the tackles!!  I'd love to keep both of them together for a while...

Off topic but...I'm not sure we'll have money to sign both Ridley and Allen.

If you had to choose, who'd you keep and who'd you let go to Free Agency?
There is not a ugly win, ugly is to not Win
This was in no way an ugly win.

Just a great NFL win on the road for the division.
The obvious: Allen all but took over that last drive.

Honorable mentions to Farrell, who had his best receiving game (and perhaps only game he's made any semblance of an impact in) as a Jag and Cooke, who continues to pin opposing teams deep in their own territory seemingly every time he touches the ball.
The run defense and the O line keeping Trevor upright the entire game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4