Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: IDL Concern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know we have missed Hamilton, but this team lacks a push in the middle to compliment its outside pass rush. 

Where does an interior disruptor rank among your offseason wish list? 

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...73877?s=20

[url=https://twitter.com/NextGenStats][/url]
Quote:Next Gen Stats

C.J. Stroud averaged the longest time to throw (3.80 seconds) by a quarterback in a game this season, with 30.6% of his dropbacks taking over 4 seconds.

Stroud threw both of his TD passes on extended dropbacks (4+ seconds).
DL and OL top my wish list for the team.
(11-26-2023, 05:59 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]DL and OL top my wish list for the team.

seconded
RRH had a great start to the game, but He is injured and fell off after
(11-26-2023, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I know we have missed Hamilton, but this team lacks a push in the middle to compliment its outside pass rush. 

[url=https://twitter.com/NextGenStats][/url]
Quote:Next Gen Stats

C.J. Stroud averaged the longest time to throw (3.80 seconds) by a quarterback in a game this season, with 30.6% of his dropbacks taking over 4 seconds.

Stroud threw both of his TD passes on extended dropbacks (4+ seconds).

A big part of the problem is the refs never call offensive holding on passing attempts for our defense.
(11-26-2023, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I know we have missed Hamilton, but this team lacks a push in the middle to compliment its outside pass rush. 

Highly. I would like to see Walker inside, especially on passing down. I'm not a fan of seeing him have to drop into coverage but he has to occasionally as an OLB.

I do think RRH and Fatukasi do a solid job on run D and RRH on passing downs but the drop of in depth is a worry and who knows how things will go with Hamilton (wish him nothing but the best).

The thing with the Dline that annoys me most is seeing Allen get pressure and make the QB scramble out the pocket and no one there to meet him. If we kick Walker inside then I'd make OLB more a priority but I'd love a Vita Vea-esque type monster in the middle just wreaking plays.

Sadly with the contracts to be sorted in the offseason it looks like the draft is the main option rather than FA and that means development years.
Guard, DT, and CB is our biggest draft needs.

I’d say center but I’d rather go sign a vet.

Add a “Zay Jones” backup in too
When you consistently run a 4 man front, the interior lineman are trying to collapse the pocket while also not opening up huge lanes for a mobile QB to run through.

I think the Defensive Guards played well in containing Stroud and not letting him slip between the OG and the OT.  

Out interior O-Line (Edit: oops, meant D-Line, my bad) did their job today.  Dude, did you see how they stuffed almost every RB run play up the middle??  But you want to call them out?  That's just silly.

There's a reason our defense is 4th against the rush... And it's the "IDL"... LOL
(11-26-2023, 06:06 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]When you consistently run a 4 man front, the interior lineman are trying to collapse the pocket while also not opening up huge lanes for a mobile QB to run through.

I think the Defensive Guards played well in containing Stroud and not letting him slip between the OG and the OT.  

Out interior O-Line did their job today.  Dude, did you see how they stuffed almost every RB run play up the middle??  But you want to call them out?  That's just silly.

I'm just going to assume you're drunk 

Our OL stuffed runs?? 

Defensive Guard??
(11-26-2023, 06:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2023, 06:06 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]When you consistently run a 4 man front, the interior lineman are trying to collapse the pocket while also not opening up huge lanes for a mobile QB to run through.

Out interior O-Line did their job today.  Dude, did you see how they stuffed almost every RB run play up the middle??  But you want to call them out?  That's just silly.

Our OL stuffed runs?? 

Defensive Guard??

Reading comprehension...  Stroud not slipping between his OG and OT...  LOL.  Try to keep up.

Oh, my bad on the last part, you're right. I meant our Interior D Line... that was a typo.
It's up there for me. I have my wish list already up in the college forum.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Miami's Leonard Taylor III and Texas's Sweat at IDL would be possible opening night options.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
3rd after Interior Offensive line depth (or OL as a whole) and deep threat wide receiver. I'd like to see our first round pick on OL/DL and the 3rd on a WR (assuming we resign Ridley and don't have a 2nd) then use the 2 4th round picks to move up or down to get the guy of choice at the position of need where the BAP fits. we can use the late round picks on depth or lottery tickets for defense; but after last years draft I feel like were deep everywhere on defense except Dline
The interior got alot of push today, unfortunately either one side was open was Stroud moved and was comfortable most of the day. When we did get pressure in all 3 sides we got sacks. Travon, Allen and RRH.

We were also held alot not called.
I’d like to see them concentrate on both lines and move Walker to a DE position with a move back to a base 4-3. Maybe have a better chance to contain sneaky mobile QBs like Stroud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SzOlPw_XLY

Just watch the IDL...

They weren't the problem.  They WERE a problem, for the Texans!!!  

The IDL consistently were there and were always holding the run, and there were also keeping Stroud contained.  The idea that the D-Line (including the DG's) was suspect is beyond ridiculous.  I mean, unless you don't know about football.  

You know why Stroud was successfull?  Because he's a good QB and our pass coverage was zone heavy to keep everything in front of them.  You rush 4 and zone 7, what do you expect?  You expect your 7 to perform.  And they did on important plays.

But you know what was even more special?  The fact that the 4 rushers kept CJ Stroud in the pocket most of the time!  And we're gonna say our "IDL" is needing an upgrade?  It's a ridiculous analysis.

Our entire D-Line is good.  Including those in the middle.  There's no need to draft DGs, unless we're gonna let some of ours go for no reason other than cost.
(11-26-2023, 06:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Our OL stuffed runs?? 

Defensive Guard??

(11-26-2023, 07:53 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SzOlPw_XLY

Just watch the IDL...

The IDL consistently were there and were always holding the run, and there were also keeping Stroud contained.  The idea that the D-Line (including the DG's) was suspect is beyond ridiculous.  I mean, unless you don't know about football.  

You know why Stroud was successfull?  Because he's a good QB and our pass coverage was zone heavy to keep everything in front of them.  You rush 4 and zone 7, what do you expect?  You expect your 7 to perform.  And they did on important plays.

But you know what was even more special?  The fact that the 4 rushers kept CJ Stroud in the pocket most of the time!  And we're gonna say our "IDL" is needing an upgrade?  It's a ridiculous analysis.

Our entire D-Line is good.  Including those in the middle.  There's no need to draft DGs, unless we're gonna let some of ours go for no reason other than cost.

They are tackles, not guards.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Would be nice if Mr healthy scratch would play

Maybe against bengals
(11-26-2023, 07:53 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SzOlPw_XLY

Just watch the IDL...

Lol, what are the defensive guards guarding?  The LBs?  Lol
I saw Stroud extend plays and have great pocket presence today and noted it several times. This I’m sure has something to do with the seconds to throw being higher for him.
(11-26-2023, 06:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]I’d like to see them concentrate on both lines and move Walker to a DE position with a move back to a base 4-3. Maybe have a better chance to contain sneaky mobile QBs like Stroud.

I’m not as sure on that as I was. Walker is coming along great. He may very well be better in a 4-3, but he’s becoming a helluva edge in a 3-4.
Pages: 1 2 3 4