Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "I call it Extreme Vetting."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"Extreme (point finger).. Extreme vetting."

So sick of this clown. Any details besides the word 'extreme?'

And why attack Hillary for not having the physical stamina to handle ISIS? Like your 70 year old, bone spur having [BLEEP] is gonna leave the continental US to fight ISIS.

Wake me when the election is over.
Yeah- what drunky said.

+1
The public sector certainly is going to swell in a Trump regime

Does Trump have bone spurs or was that in a NY Times article?

Must assimilate. Ha ha good luck with that you angry old senile geriatric!

Trump makes me want to convert to Islam.
Quote:Must assimilate. Ha ha good luck with that you angry old senile geriatric!

So, an angry, old, senile, geriatric with bone spurs. Are you describing Bernie here or what?
Quote:Must assimilate. Ha ha good luck with that you angry old senile geriatric!

Why should a US immigrant not assimilate?
Quote:Why should a US immigrant not assimilate?

In a land of immigrants, how does one assimilate exactly? How long does one have to assimilate? Do previous homeland customs have to be stopped. I'd like to see the list of required assmilation requirements.

How about...

Go to work. Pay your bills. Don't break laws. Is that good enough...although many homegrown people don't follow those three simple steps.
Is it me, or are Muslims like the new Jews of the 21st century?

Quote:In a land of immigrants, how does one assimilate exactly? How long does one have to assimilate? Do previous homeland customs have to be stopped. I'd like to see the list of required assmilation requirements.

How about...

Go to work. Pay your bills. Don't break laws. Is that good enough...although many homegrown people don't follow those three simple steps.
the last immigrants assimilated, italians made restaurants and ran business.  Irish become cops and workers.  I don't think its something that should have to be forced, people from a foreign land coming to a new land they want to call home should want to assimilate.  Assimilation does not mean turning your back on your culture, it means adding to your culture and adopting parts of the new culture.  Don't break laws is my biggest prerequisite for assimilation.  You come here and break laws you can go back where you came from.  

Quote:Is it me, or are Muslims like the new Jews of the 21st century?
Except the jews didn't really have a reason to be attacked whereas the majority of large scale attacks and uproar are from muslims.  Many of which refuse to adopt the rules of law in favor of their holy prophets teachings.

Quote:Why should a US immigrant not assimilate?
Any immigrant should assimilate.  They came where ever they are for a reason, sometimes the reason is the place they came from has gone to hell.  Shouldn't they want to assimilate

The first group of Italians didn't fully assimilate. Only the kids began to assimilate.  I think the same happened with the Irish and the polish and the Japanese, all of them.

They all come in groups, form communities, and eventually the second and third generations are fully assimilated.  The first cohort that enters the USA don't really get assimilated into the culture...  They bring thier own into the USA, they bring thier own food, thier own traditions, thier own holidays...  It's thier kids, and thier kid's kids that are the ones that become fully americanized, for lack of a better word.

Plus, what is assimilation??  I mean, really?  In a country where freedom of speech and religion is protected, what does assimilation even mean.  That you have to love the constitution?  Fine, but you can love the constitution and still not learn English and not celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas.  

The whole thing is [BLEEP], just like trumps thought process.
Quote:The first group of Italians didn't fully assimilate. Only the kids began to assimilate.  I think the same happened with the Irish and the polish and the Japanese, all of them.

They all come in groups, form communities, and eventually the second and third generations are fully assimilated.  The first cohort that enters the USA don't really get assimilated into the culture...  They bring thier own into the USA, they bring thier own food, thier own traditions, thier own holidays...  It's thier kids, and thier kid's kids that are the ones that become fully americanized, for lack of a better word.

Plus, what is assimilation??  I mean, really?  In a country where freedom of speech and religion is protected, what does assimilation even mean.  That you have to love the constitution?  Fine, but you can love the constitution and still not learn English and not celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas.  

The whole thing is [BLEEP], just like trumps thought process.

My biggest problem is I don't feel the people coming here are the ones doing the assimilation.  I feel the people who have been here for generations are being asked to give away their way of life and facilitate people who are moving here and thats a problem.  You are right it usually is a couple generations before assimilation happens but long time americans are being asked to change how they have been immediately to promote equality, shouldn't that be a generation or two down the line in fairness?
Quote:My biggest problem is I don't feel the people coming here are the ones doing the assimilation.  I feel the people who have been here for generations are being asked to give away their way of life and facilitate people who are moving here and thats a problem.  You are right it usually is a couple generations before assimilation happens but long time americans are being asked to change how they have been immediately to promote equality, shouldn't that be a generation or two down the line in fairness?

OK...  I'm fascinated by this point.  Explain it to me.  How are you and I being forced to change for the immigrants?  I'm not sure I understand, because I don't feel like anything I do is being asked to be changed for any immigrant class.  
All you folks who talk about assimilation have apparently never lived in a foreign country. It's really not that difficult. You go there, you learn about the people and the customs and you respect them even if you don't fully embrace them. You obey the laws. You learn the language the best you can. And don't ever forget you're a guest in that country until you're a permanent citizen.

The folks who have a problem with it are either coming from severely drastic backgrounds- say a third world country, completely different cultural mindset- we'll say a religious background, and those who just flat out refuse because they're here for the opportunity and don't give a rat's butt about America or the people.
Well, we can see that the muslim migration into Europe has been a huge success.  Europe is very much like heaven, and until we also import millions of refugees, we will be more like hell.  Vote Hillary, she will bring the refugees that will save our country.  

I'm not living in a teepee, wigwam or hogan, so I'm still not assimilated.

Quote:I'm not living in a teepee, wigwam or hogan, so I'm still not assimilated.

Did your family come here when teepees wigwams an hogans were all over the landscape?  Or did they come here and assimilate to what was in place at the time?
Quote:OK...  I'm fascinated by this point.  Explain it to me.  How are you and I being forced to change for the immigrants?  I'm not sure I understand, because I don't feel like anything I do is being asked to be changed for any immigrant class.  

at my graduation a muslim woman was the chaplin doing the invocation which didn't bother me.  However having to sit through 4 different classes about how I should respect the muslim culture and how it was a culture of peace did.  Being deployed and hearing the muslim prayer music played five times a day didn't bother me.  Getting mortared directly after routinely did.  Them movement to shut down christmas as it may offend people bothers me.  Basically anything being stopped or frowned upon because it upsets someone yet giving that same person funding, safe spaces, personnel prayer rooms does bother me.  I'm not religious.  I don't agree with any religions but being deployed we were told to put some religion on our dog tags because Pows with no religion get treated worse.  So ya I guess all these things are minor but that doesn't mean they aren't change.
Quote:Is it me, or are Muslims like the new Jews of the 21st century?

I'd call em the new Germans if anything. While the general population were decent folk, there were internal sects who wanted nothing but to commit genocide.
Quote:Did your family come here when teepees wigwams an hogans were all over the landscape?  Or did they come here and assimilate to what was in place at the time?

My ancestors came to the area in which I live just before the genocide began.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5