Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Democrat Convention Train wreck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I find it pretty funny that some of our liberal friends have been saying how the Republican Convention was such a "train wreck" last week.  I think the biggest "non-story" was Ted Cruz refusing to endorse Donald Trump.  It's the first day of the Democrat Convention, and look at what we have so far.

Debbie Waserman-Shultz is heckled and booed at a breakfast for the Florida delegates.

Nancy Pelosi is heckled and booed at a breakfast for the California delegates.

The leaked emails, many of which are pretty telling of the democrat thought process.

Hispanic delegates disappointed with Hillary's VP pick.  I find it kind of amusing that they get a white guy that can speak Spanish in order to try and woo the Hispanic community.

Liberal Hollywood types (as if their opinion really matters) find that the DNC is disgusting.

Democrats "build a wall" around the site of their convention.
Once again, reality much different than advertised by some.

Such disconnect.

Nice headline.

PS- Plagarized speech, keynote REFUSING to endorse the chosen one, and what appears to be a divided party in utter chaos- these make a train wreck
It's a result of the 24-hour news cycle. It's the same at ESPN for the NFL or College Football. They spend weeks leading up to the start creating potential stories and predicting how they think it will go. 

A plagarized speech, most of the well-known Republicans absent, a refusal of endorsment, it was pretty bad.

The DNC is looking to be so much worse (or better?), especially if the vote tonight doesn't go as planned.

Quote:Nice headline.

PS- Plagarized speech, keynote REFUSING to endorse the chosen one, and what appears to be a divided party in utter chaos- these make a train wreck

Far leftists were spun in a tizzy about it, but that's about it.

Nobody else saw much "scandal" in it.  In fact, even as long winded as his speech was, it still got overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Instead of being some spectacle as advertised, it ended up being pretty much a low key week.  His kids made a good impression.  Cruz being Cruz was no surprise.  That about summed it up.

Complete disconnect for those who were wishing for something bad to happen.

It didn't.
You have to admit, when put into the spotlight after baiting, Republicans have a tendency to choke when given the opportunity and stumble over themselves.

That surprisingly didn't happen.  It truly was a mostly uneventful week compared to what some were hoping for.  (From watchers on both sides.)

Bernie got booed by his own peeps. 

Quote:Nobody else saw much "scandal" in it. In fact, even as long winded as his speech was, it still got overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Complete disconnect for those who were wishing for something bad to happen.

It didn't.

When the "future First Lady" is acting like a jilted cheerleader after the Cruz snub, you know the whole party is in trouble.
Quote:When the "future First Lady" is acting like a jilted cheerleader after the Cruz snub, you know the whole party is in trouble.

She did?

Again...

Disconnect.
Quote:Nice headline.

The supposed "plagiarized" speech was pretty much explained, and in a way that leftists couldn't fathom.  Who would have thought that the future First Lady actually likes the current First Lady?

The supposed "keynote" refusing to endorse the chosen nominee held to his values and views.  That in my book shows that those on my side don't sell out to the highest bidder.

Which party seems to be more "divided"?  When the (outgoing) head of the party tries to address the delegates from her state gets "bood and heckled"?  When one of the "leaders" of one side gets bood and heckled?

We can't build a wall to protect our border, but we can darn be sure to build a wall to protect the democrat delegation.
I told myself I wasn't going to watch the DNC. But, kinda hard not to watch it now. I may have to get my popcorn ready.
Meet the new chair, same as the old chair.

Brazile had to step down after lying about a GHWB (non) affair in the 88 election.

Emails show she had words of her own for Bernie as well.

Belongs on thereifixedit failblog.

Heard the delegates booed the opening invocation. Classy.

Quote:When the "future First Lady" is acting like a jilted cheerleader after the Cruz snub, you know the whole party is in trouble.

Pretty sure she didn't act like a jilted cheerleader. That would have definitely made the news, unless you're talking about Bill Clinton.

Funny how the DNC has erected a four mile perimeter fence around the event, and they are requiring ID to get inside that fence.

It's also funny how the media waited breathlessly for violent protests in Cleveland but they never materialized. I guess the rent a mobs were resting up for the circus this week.
Quote:Funny how the DNC has erected a four mile perimeter fence around the event, and they are requiring ID to get inside that fence.

Bunch'a racists, don't they know it's an undue burden for Republicans and Independents to have their say if they are required to show ID?
I was watching at the gym and about fell off the treadmill when the singers sang The Battle Hymn of the Republic. 

Another thought that came to me was the irony of a group of people who love to use the term 'white privilege' in support of and admiring someone who is the epitome of white privilege. 

The RNC didn't make the waves the liberals thought it would and the DNC in it's first day is looking pretty bad but didn't hear too much guffawing from the conservatives. But I only saw a small bit at the gym so I don't know what else has happened. It's like watching a tennis match with all the going back and forth. At this point it seems like the Dems are as split as the Reps.

When the discussion becomes about which convention is a train wreck, it becomes pretty clear the nation is a train wreck.
we've had TheAnchorman on here posting his stream of consciousness regarding the RNC... now he's nowhere to be found

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13