Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Truck Bomb hits Nice, France
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...ce-france/

30 people are dead, and 100+ are injured... When are we as a global community finally going to take the glove's off and get more serious about fighting terrorists?

Correction: A truck ran over people in France but did not blow up.

The death toll is now over 50, and it's being called a terror attack. 

No worries.  Nothing to see here.

BTW, France was already dealing with a threat involving a potential attack at the Olympics targeting the French athletes. 

I think it is time for the world to come together on this issue. The sad part is it really could be resolved. The longer we wait the more powerful they get. There is no negotiating with those who are willing to kill themselves and innocent people. Honestly, what are we waiting for? US really needs the support of the international community. How much longer will countries like France take this? When will the citizens demand more to be done?
My sister is in Paris with a student tour group. I wasn't crazy about her going, even more concerned now.

Going to hit over 60 so far. What the piss is this world coming to. France is the epicenter of murder.
Its difficult to determine motives of the suspects.
Quote:My sister is in Paris with a student tour group. I wasn't crazy about her going, even more concerned now.

Saying a prayer for your sister and her group. 

Quote:Going to hit over 60 so far. What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] is this world coming to. France is the epicenter of murder.

Look at their lax immigration laws and you'll have your answer. 
Quote:Its difficult to determine motives of the suspects.
Seems plausible that this could be a case of road rage, although it was a big box truck, so perhaps workplace violence? 
Quote:I think it is time for the world to come together on this issue. The sad part is it really could be resolved. The longer we wait the more powerful they get. There is no negotiating with those who are willing to kill themselves and innocent people. Honestly, what are we waiting for? US really needs the support of the international community. How much longer will countries like France take this? When will the citizens demand more to be done?

France is teetering on the edge, and there's no real leadership in fighting the cancer that has metastasized there.  There is a way to beat this back, but nobody has the stomach to do what is necessary, especially the United States under current leadership.  We'll launch a few drones and cruise missiles in honor of this attack, and declare victory over the JV team. 
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/14/truck-crashes-bastille-day-crowd-nice-france/'>http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/14/truck-crashes-bastille-day-crowd-nice-france/</a>

30 people are dead, and 100+ are injured... When are we as a global community finally going to take the glove's off and get more serious about fighting terrorists?
ISIS is a hydra. Attacking entire villages to get three known members is just going to create more of them. Surgical strikes against known leaders, bases, sure, but "gloves off" only guarantees that two will line up to take the place of each one killed.

That said, a foreign policy that doesn't pretend the problem doesn't exist would be helpful right now.
My sister lives in Nice at the moment and was about 70 feet from the truck.Said the crowd started screaming and running all of a sudden so her and boyfriend ran back to their house.
She's very shook but all good in the hood.

Hoping Biarritz doesn't blow to smithereens over the next few days.

Quote:ISIS is a hydra. Attacking entire villages to get three known members is just going to create more of them. Surgical strikes against known leaders, bases, sure, but "gloves off" only guarantees that two will line up to take the place of each one killed.

That said, a foreign policy that doesn't pretend the problem doesn't exist would be helpful right now.
I guess we'll need to find some sort of fire before their heads regenerate then huh?

Quote:My sister lives in Nice at the moment and was about 70 feet from the truck.Said the crowd started screaming and running all of a sudden so her and boyfriend ran back to their house.

Wow, that's crazy.
Grenades and firearms were found in the truck and up to 73 dead. Wow
Quote:Wow, that's crazy.

Yeah you don't really dwell too much on things like this until it hits close to home.Biggest day of the year in France here.
Sickening to hear and read that some already politicizing this. . Pathetic.
Quote:Yeah you don't really dwell too much on things like this until it hits close to home.Biggest day of the year in France here.

I'm glad she is okay.

One thing struck out to me. Reading an article about soccer game which I think was in France where they said people were holding their breath for an attack and could let out a sigh of relief when nothing happened. At what point do we stop waiting for something to happen and take the fight to them? It is like we are okay with what is going on. If they have nothing to fear then do we just think they'll stop? It is just getting worse and worse and worse. How do you think the public feels about this in France?
Quote:Yeah you don't really dwell too much on things like this until it hits close to home.Biggest day of the year in France here.

Yeah. Their 4th of July from what I understand.

I'm guessing this was planned for the soccer tournaments, and security was too tight, and they pull it off now. It was planned and orchestrated in advance.

Seeing the bodies in the street is gut wrenching.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8