Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Khan says "jag fans have suffered long enough!"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
He is expecting to win this season ! Anything less i believe will be catastrophic..

Check out this article.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl.../86950376/
I can agree with Khan here...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"I have expectations that not only are we going to be better, but we’re going to be sustainable and this isn’t going to be a flash in the pan where we’re just going to flame out.”

While winning is nice, I've kind of gotten addicted to this entire Mock Draft phenomenon from October through April.

Quote:He is expecting to win this season ! Anything less i believe will be catastrophic..

Check out this article.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2016/07/11/shad-khan-dave-caldwell-gus-bradley-jacksonville-expectations/86950376/'>http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2016/07/11/shad-khan-dave-caldwell-gus-bradley-jacksonville-expectations/86950376/</a>

It's really easy to love this guy! I'm glad Khan is our owner! Proud to be a Jags fan!
Good article.  I'm just ready to get this football season started, LETS GOOOOOOOOOO lol  I really have to admit though, that i do want Gus to succeed this year.  I believe the Seattle system works and actually think our Offense can definitely be more potent.  If our defense even gives us half of that this year, Play...... i refuse to say it until mid December.  

Quote:While winning is nice, I've kind of gotten addicted to this entire Mock Draft phenomenon from October through April.

Maybe one day we will have a draft party that isn't over by 8:45
Quote:I can agree with Khan here...

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">"I have expectations that not only are we going to be better, but we’re going to be sustainable and this isn’t going to be a flash in the pan where we’re just going to flame out.”

That's what I want. Continued success and to become an example of success for other teams. Not really championships, but constantly playoff contender with healthy cap and decent to great drafting. Like the ravens and eagles used to be.
Well thats an understatement.
Quote:It's really easy to love this guy! I'm glad Khan is our owner! Proud to be a Jags fan!

Definitely.. Khans a one in a kind person and we are lucky as fans to have him .. Lets go jags..
Poor St Louis. Could have had Khan and still have their team.
I said this in 2009

Quote:Good article. I'm just ready to get this football season started, LETS GOOOOOOOOOO lol I really have to admit though, that i do want Gus to succeed this year. I believe the Seattle system works and actually think our Offense can definitely be more potent. If our defense even gives us half of that this year, Play...... i refuse to say it until mid December.

Yess ... Me too... Ready to get some tailgating going on...I want the jags to establish their own identity. The Seattle offense or Seattle Defense sounds good... But we need to get to where people are saying that Jag Offense or Jag Defense.
I could be wrong but I still do not see Bradley as the guy who will lead this team to the promised land. 

It reminds me of the 49ers a few years ago. A ton of talent that languished under mediocre coaches like Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary. And then they hired Harbaugh and they were a Super Bowl contender every year.

This all sounds very good. Now, let's see what happens on the field. Go Jags!

Can't make the message any clearer than this.

Quote:I could be wrong but I still do not see Bradley as the guy who will lead this team to the promised land.

It reminds me of the 49ers a few years ago. A ton of talent that languished under mediocre coaches like Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary. And then they hired Harbaugh and they were a Super Bowl contender every year.

Yeah i kinda feel the same way... But im giving him the benefit of the doubt... This is his first head coaching gig. By year four if you havent improve as a coach and the team havent, then maybe being a head coach wasnt the best decision..
So, say Gus disappoints and gets canned in 2016...who do we realistically think replaces him? We all know Caldwell will survive, and I doubt he'd want to hire another rookie head coach like Gus...so who?

-1 for anyone who says Tom Coughlin, Jay Gruden, or Bill Cowher. Ain't happenin.
Quote:So, say Gus disappoints and gets canned in 2016...who do we realistically think replaces him? We all know Caldwell will survive, and I doubt he'd want to hire another rookie head coach like Gus...so who?

-1 for anyone who says Tom Coughlin, Jay Gruden, or Bill Cowher. Ain't happenin.

It would have to be someone with zero learning curve. Either someone who has been an NFL head coach or a college coach with some NFL experience.
Quote:So, say Gus disappoints and gets canned in 2016...who do we realistically think replaces him? We all know Caldwell will survive, and I doubt he'd want to hire another rookie head coach like Gus...so who?

Im thinking someone with prior head coaching experience... Maybe from the collegiate level..Les Miles, Dabo Swinney,a Kevin Sumlin type..

I'll take as many minuses as you want to dump on me if it gets the Jags a proven Superbowl-winning coach. Or even a proven winner who never made it to the Superbowl.

When the Rams hired Dick Vermeil he had been out of coaching for 15 years, working as an announcer. Khan was part owner of the Rams when Vermeil coached them to a Superbowl victory, so there's some history there. A lot depends on whether or not Khan weighs in, since I doubt Caldwell is the type to hire a proven veteran coach. He never even tried to interview a former NFL head coach with a winning record when he hired Bradley, not even Arians.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8