Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Philando Castile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Another shooting by a police officer, this time during a routine traffic stop for a broken tail light.

The victim's fiancee caught the aftermath on video and posted it on Facebook.

Gun right's advocates should be all over this one. 

The policeman was hysterical, understandable given what he apparently did, justified or not.

Quote:The policeman was hysterical, understandable given what he apparently did, justified or not.
Evidence that he should not have been handed a badge and a gun.
Quote:Another shooting by a police officer, this time during a routine traffic stop for a broken tail light.

The victim's fiancee caught the aftermath on video and posted it on Facebook.

We only know what transpired post-shooting.  No idea if the officer had a body cam or not, but if he did, that would certainly go a long way toward determining what actually happened here.  The victim reportedly had a permit to carry, and at least according to his girlfriend on the video, he was simply reaching for his wallet and had told the officer that he was a permitted gun carrier.  If her account is completely accurate, and the cop shot him over essentially a busted taillight, it's not good for him.  

Anyone with a concealed carry permit knows that if you're pulled over by the police, if you're carrying, that you need to let the officer know right away, and that you don't move a hand until you have been instructed to do so by the officer.  I don't care if you're reaching for your wallet to provide him with your license/registration, you don't do so until instructed.  Once a cop is aware that you're carrying a firearm, the level of intensity will escalate  until the weapon is secured.  If you say, "Hey, I've got a gun on me", he's already pulling his, so things can get out of hand quickly if you're reaching for something and he can't see clearly what you're doing.  That's why you wait for the cop to tell you what to do, and you always keep your hands visible, and preferably very still. 
Ah yes, body cameras. Amazing how they always seem to be nonfunctional when people are murdered by pigs. Almost as convenient as the holodeck safeties failing every time the thing was used.
Quote:Gun right's advocates should be all over this one. 

Absolutely, it look like the cop committed murder and should, at minimum, be off the force and referred for prosecution.
yeh
Quote:yeh

Interesting response.
Quote:Absolutely, it look like the cop committed murder and should, at minimum, be off the force and referred for prosecution.
It looks bad based on the video that was started after he was already shot.  We don't know what lead to that point to be able to say definitively that the cop murdered anyone.  Much like the shooting in Baton Rouge, I have no doubt the Justice Department will scramble to investigate this as well. 
She seems mighty calm for the situation. That is weird that her first instinct is to continue filming.

Quote:She seems mighty calm for the situation. That is weird that her first instinct is to continue filming.

What you suggest she do? If she lifts a finger on her phone to stop recording she's liable to end up shot like her boyfriend.
Quote:What you suggest she do? If she lifts a finger on her phone to stop recording she's liable to end up shot like her boyfriend.

I don't suggest she does anything. Just pointing out that it is odd she is able to remain that calm after what happened. Especially with a little kid in the car.
It could be shock. Listen to her break down when she realizes her fiancee is dead.

Quote:Evidence that he should not have been handed a badge and a gun.
Really tough guy? I'm sure you'd be Mr Macho after you just shot someone.

This one stinks. The Sterling criminal, I have no issues with. This one sucks, so glad I'm not a cop. Or PIG as Mr Macho states. 
Quote:Really tough guy? I'm sure you'd be Mr Macho after you just shot someone.
If one's immediate response to killing someone is to freak out in hysterics, then perhaps they should have refrained from committing murder.
Quote:She seems mighty calm for the situation. That is weird that her first instinct is to continue filming.

It is odd that AFTER the shooting she takes out her cell phone, starts recording video and gives a narrative of what is going on rather calmly.  If a mother has her child in a car along with her boyfriend and sees a shooting... most women would be hysterical, be concerned about her child or perhaps try to help her boyfriend (just my opinion).

What is conflicting regarding the story is that supposedly the officer asked for his license and registration.  As he was allegedly reaching for his wallet he commented that he had a firearm on him.  The audio at about the 0:34 mark sounds like the officer said a couple of expletives and said "I told him not to reach for it, I told him to get his hand off of it"!  It would be interesting to know where exactly this firearm was located.  If it was on that side in view of the officer and if he placed his hand on it, then it looks like it might be an unfortunate accident.

As a concealed permit holder myself, if I'm carrying and get pulled over, I usually have my driver's license and permit out and hand them to the officer together.  I keep my hands on the steering wheel and inform the officer that I do have a weapon.  After that, I follow instructions.
Quote:If one's immediate response to killing someone is to freak out in hysterics, then perhaps they should have refrained from committing murder.

Mr. (or is it Miss now?) Macho is a good nic for you.  I'm not sure how you self-identify these days.
Quote:Mr. (or is it Miss now?) Macho is a good nic for you. I'm not sure how you self-identify these days.
I am as I always have been: a beautiful, majestic attack helicopter.
Quote: 

As a concealed permit holder myself, if I'm carrying and get pulled over, I usually have my driver's license and permit out and hand them to the officer together.  I keep my hands on the steering wheel and inform the officer that I do have a weapon.  After that, I follow instructions.
Yup, it's your responsibility to make sure the police know what they are dealing with. I do the same. Hand both the permit and license over, and follow instructions.

It seems the majority of these issues, the "victim" doesn't follow directions.

They're just trying to get home. They don't start their shifts wondering how many black folks we can go out a shoot.

Why do you have to be a black chopper? Are you racist?  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7