Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan O'Halloran says Fowler the 2nd best player at OTA's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Per Twitter. I know "underwear practice" but it seems encouraging. I'm an eternal optimist so I'm all for believing in the hype. T. Gipson was said to be the best player from OTAs
It is encouraging, but let's see what happens when the pads come on.

Tweet from Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) - Through five OTAs, #Jaguars best players list.

1. T, Gipson

2. D. Fowler

3. J. Thomas.

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...0225001477

Also it's nice to hear about Julius Thomas. It seems like he's the forgotten man around here.
Tweet from Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) - #Jaguars DC Todd Wash on Gipson's INT Monday: “The play he made in the middle of the field, we haven’t had that play since we’ve been here."

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...9925019649
So

Quote:It is encouraging, but let's see what happens when the pads come on.

Tweet from Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) - Through five OTAs, #Jaguars best players list.

1. T, Gipson

2. D. Fowler

3. J. Thomas.

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...0225001477

Also it's nice to hear about Julius Thomas. It seems like he's the forgotten man around here.

Ah, the first underwear champions of the offseason. Interesting that they're vets considering these guys are typically rookies showing off.

As an aside...

Tweet from Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) - #jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey strolled through locker room and has already shed crutches.

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...1370175488
Nice to see Fowler doing well in OTAs... the weekends he spends partying and drinking but as long as he plays well when it matters I guess that's fine.

Bortles said he was impressed with Gipson's interception the other day. He came all the way from the other hash.
Quote:Nice to see Fowler doing well in OTAs... the weekends he spends partying and drinking but as long as he plays well when it matters I guess that's fine.

Well, to be fair, all of the players around the league had a couple days to do what they wanted. TJ Yeldon was in Vegas with Deandre Hopkins.
Amukamara also mentioned Gipson standing out in his recent interview.

It will be huge for this defense if Fowler comes out on a tear (no pun intended).

All of O' Halloran's OTA tweets sound sky-high optimistic. Is this normal for him?

Quote:All of O' Halloran's OTA tweets sound sky-high optimistic. Is this normal for him?

I can't tell if he's serious or sarcastic anymore. I wish we had someone better covering the Jags. Kaye is the best one.
Quote:I can't tell if he's serious or sarcastic anymore. I wish we had someone better covering the Jags. Kaye is the best one.

I don't think he knows either. Pretty sure he plays it that way so h can look smart if he is right, or blame obvious sarcasm if he fails.
Quote:I don't think he knows either. Pretty sure he plays it that way so h can look smart if he is right, or blame obvious sarcasm if he fails.

I think you hit the nail on the head.
Great news concerning Fowler but I'm pumped to see what Gipson is going to bring to our secondary.  It's good news considering Jalen and Myles haven't even hit the field with them yet.

Quote:I can't tell if he's serious or sarcastic anymore. I wish we had someone better covering the Jags. Kaye is the best one.

O'Halloran actually fits the profile of most beat writers I have seen in other cities. He is one of the few members of the local media that is not eating out of the team's hands.
This thread is making me smile!

I know it's just OTAs, but it's nice to envision Gipson has the kind of range that our safeties have lacked for years, and it's nice to think Thomas has a stronger grasp of the offense and a better rapport with Bortles, and it's nice to have the hope in Fowler we had for all of a week last year.

O' Halloran also stated that with this defense, the Packers better watch out.

I'd love to believe that, but....really?

Quote:O'Halloran actually fits the profile of most beat writers I have seen in other cities. He is one of the few members of the local media that is not eating out of the team's hands.

True. I guess you do need someone like him just to stir up some conversation and stuff like that. It's whatever to me. I just want the Jags to win lol.
Anyone know of a clip of that Gipson INT? They're really pumping it up on 1010. I really want to see it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9