Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Yannick a better LEO fit than Fowler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
He seems to have more bend to him.

I've always thought Fowler is more linebacker than LEO.I think his position should be strongside linebacker.
Being a Hawkeye fan I got the chance to watch him play a little bit and he worked us over pretty good.  We usually have a pretty respectable offensive line.  I honestly think that he is quick enough to have a meaningful impact this year.  I'm expecting 8-10 sacks.

He is envisioned as our own Bruce Irvin.

Yes. I've always thought Fowler would be a better otto than leo.
Yannick would have trouble playing the rush on early downs from the Leo spot.  For now, he's a DPR from the edge.  As he gains mass, strength, and experience, I think he will challenge for more downs.  I am excited to see Fowler from the Leo position this year.  

Telvin-Jack-Fowler at LB is sick. I would play Fowler at OTTO and move him around a bit then put him at DE on 3rd and passing downs. Look at how OAK uses Mack. First player ever to make all pro at LB and DE. Could use Fowler the same way
Yannick is a better pass rusher but isnt at stout in the run game
Quote:Yannick is a better pass rusher but isnt at stout in the run game
Yannick isnt a better pass rusher than Fowler. He might of had more sacks but he isnt a better pass rusher.
It's like that movie Neighbors.   

LOL. No. Fowler is superior in just about every phase of the game.

1. Fowler is better against the run. Yannick plays wimpy in this area even though he benched 26 reps. He's just soft.

2. Fowler is more explosive off the edge

3. Fowler plays violent

4. Fowler is more physical.

5. Fowler is faster

6. Actually sheds blocks unlike Yannick who disappears when a guy gets his hands on him.

7. Has much better technique.

8. Fowler actually has very strong hands while Yannick's are weak which is being kind.
Quote:LOL. No. Fowler is superior in just about every phase of the game.

1. Fowler is better against the run. Yannick plays wimpy in this area even though he benched 26 reps. He's just soft.

2. Fowler is more explosive off the edge

3. Fowler plays violent

4. Fowler is more physical.

5. Fowler is faster

6. Actually sheds blocks unlike Yannick who disappears when a guy gets his hands on him.

7. Has much better technique.

8. Fowler actually has very strong hands while Yannick's are weak which is being kind.
but he didnt have more sacks. Some just look at that number. Fowler cause havoc on almost every play. I broke down every play and started each time on a few of his games. It was ridiculous to see the havoc the guy caused on almost every play.
Fowler, Jack, and Ramsey are 3 of the most versatile players in the league. You could get so ceative and move those guys around with so many different looks. I great coach could cause nightmares for the opposing offense. Hopefully Gus can be that guy
Quote:Yannick isnt a better pass rusher than Fowler. He might of had more sacks but he isnt a better pass rusher.
I believe he is
I was wondering this myself. I didn't want to be the one to make the thread though. I always thought Fowler was a better fit at OTTO based off of how he played at Florida.

Quote:I was wondering this myself. I didn't want to be the one to make the thread though. I always thought Fowler was a better fit at OTTO based off of how he played at Florida.
I just want to see that LB core. Telvin-Jack-Fowler. Nasty lineup
^^^ scary
Yannick is gonna need some time but watch out if he gets it.
I'm ready to see Woodard play in the preseason.
I agree with a lot of you. I've never viewed Fowler as a LEO. I've always seen him as a strong side LB. To me, a linebacking unit consisting of Telvin, Myles and Dante would be fantastic. I would play Yannick at LEO and I wouldn't count out Tyrone Holmes as a LEO either. Personally, I believe this is how the starting lineup may look before the end of the season.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6