Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Make Kaepernick Not Great Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ick-again/

I guess the jobs thing didn't apply to everyone. You are aces in my book Don!
Maybe he needs a shovel ready job?

He isn't not getting a job because he won't stand for the Anthem, it's because he is a bad QB.
Why was Trump talking about this? I swear he is the master [BLEEP].
Quote:Why was Trump talking about this? I swear he is the master [BLEEP].
Throwing red meat out I think. I can't imagine Kaepernick is popular with the patriotic folks in Kentucky. 
Quote:Why was Trump talking about this? I swear he is the master [BLEEP].

Enjoy your vacation.
He's good enough to be a back up
Quote:He isn't not getting a job because he won't stand for the Anthem, it's because he is a bad QB.

Whatever. He's a Tebow-level circus now. People who disrepect the customer end up without a job, no matter the industry.
Quote:Whatever. He's a Tebow-level circus now. People who disrepect the customer end up without a job, no matter the industry.

Lots of truth here
Quote:Whatever. He's a Tebow-level circus now. People who disrepect the customer end up without a job, no matter the industry.
Let's be honest though. If Rodgers did this, GB doesn't care and he's still their QB.

But because Kaep is a bum and he did this, teams have the luxury of passing on him for their backup job.
Quote:Let's be honest though. If Rodgers did this, GB doesn't care and he's still their QB.

But because Kaep is a bum and he did this, teams have the luxury of passing on him for their backup job.

I'm not so sure, people have very strong feelings when nationalism is involved.
Quote:I'm not so sure, people have very strong feelings when nationalism is involved.
lol I can guarantee you the Packers don't release Rodgers. Winning a SB is more important to every NFL owner.

And let's say for fun that they did release him by some miracle. No one is going to sign Rodgers? Come on now.
Only reason Kaepernick is unemployed at the moment is because his talent does not warrant the circus that will be brought with him

I feel very strongly about standing, saluting or placing my hat/hand over my heart for the National Anthem...but I agree, if Aaron Rodgers did the same as Kaepernick, he definitely would NOT be released.  He's too good.

Aaron Rodgers is also too smart to ever bring that kind of negative attention to himself and his organization.  Kaepernick is too stupid not to.

Quote:Let's be honest though. If Rodgers did this, GB doesn't care and he's still their QB.

I take issue with your straw-man argument here. Kaep isn't a great QB, but he is a better option than a lot of teams currently have. He would immediately improve a team like Cleveland. His hate for his country is affecting his ability to find a job and that is a fact.
Quote:I take issue with your straw-man argument here. Kaep isn't a great QB, but he is a better option than a lot of teams currently have. He would immediately improve a team like Cleveland. His hate for his country is affecting his ability to find a job and that is a fact.
I never disagreed that's the reason he's unemployed.

The point I'm making is that if he was a very good QB, teams would overlook the fact that he didn't stand for the anthem and still make him their QB. You seem to think that if anyone did this, they would be unemployed which is not true. Rodgers, Ben, Ryan, Brady..... They would all still be the QB of their team. Now I doubt that they would do it anyway but it's all hypothetical.
Quote:I never disagreed that's the reason he's unemployed.

The point I'm making is that if he was a very good QB, teams would overlook the fact that he didn't stand for the anthem and still make him their QB. You seem to think that if anyone did this, they would be unemployed which is not true. Rodgers, Ben, Ryan, Brady..... They would all still be the QB of their team. Now I doubt that they would do it anyway but it's all hypothetical.

It's not as if he was the only one kneeling!

But whatever I don't think he is even mediocre. He is worse than Gabbert for goodness sake.
Quote:I take issue with your straw-man argument here. Kaep isn't a great QB, but he is a better option than a lot of teams currently have. He would immediately improve a team like Cleveland. His hate for his country is affecting his ability to find a job and that is a fact.

He hates the USA?
Quote:He hates the USA?

Alternative facts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8