Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are we one player away from a championship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How close is this team from really being a championship team?

Is it as simple as replacing the QB?

Drafting a playmaker Rb?

Drafting a explosive DE?

Or is it just all of the above? Personally I believe if we can replace the QB, with someone who can manage the game, limit turnovers,and lead us to wins. That will make the jaguars a championship caliber team..Easier said then done, I know..

Or maybe it's coaching? Maybe we just need a competent staff to motivate and help players excel to they fullest abilities..

Either way,I know this team is real close.. And my excitement is gradually rising... (no homo) Can't wait to the draft!
You are never 1 player away...however you replace Bortles with the GOAT, then yeah...

But that ain't happening so the answer is no.

But I'll play along. I would say we are 2 players away. QB and Fournette.
Buuwwwwwaaaaaaa...........................Buuuwwwaaaaa. 15 victories, 4 years. One player away? Thanks, I needed that.

One player away from a championship....you chose the green pill this time Neo, didn't you? 

Quote:You are never 1 player away...however you replace Bortles with the GOAT, then yeah...

But that ain't happening so the answer is no.

But I'll play along. I would say we are 2 players away. QB and Fournette.

Let me go head and beat the Bortles Homer to this question.. So if you saying we need a qb, who would you get?
Quote:How close is this team from really being a championship team?

Is it as simple as replacing the QB?

Drafting a playmaker Rb?

Drafting a explosive DE?

Or is it just all of the above? Personally I believe if we can replace the QB, with someone who can manage the game, limit turnovers,and lead us to wins. That will make the jaguars a championship caliber team..Easier said then done, I know..

Or maybe it's coaching? Maybe we just need a competent staff to motivate and help players excel to they fullest abilities..

Either way,I know this team is real close.. And my excitement is gradually rising... (no homo) Can't wait to the draft!

So what you're saying is all we need is a QB who can lead us to wins and then we will start winning?

Earth shattering revelation.
No not one player away.
If the jags front office did their homework and drafted derek carr instead of bortles, jags would be super favorites.
Quote:If the jags front office did their homework and drafted derek carr instead of bortles, jags would be super favorites.

Carr was lower valued in AFC South due to the other Carr Houston had.
Quote:Let me go head and beat the Bortles Homer to this question.. So if you saying we need a qb, who would you get?

You either sign Romo and hope he don't get hurt. Or you do your homework and draft another Dak Prescott.

We just need a guy that can get the ball to our receivers and TEs.

And if Fournette lives up to the hype to go along with a top 5 defense then we have a chance.
We lost 10 or 11 games last year by a touchdown or less. So do I think the changes we have made are a 7 point a game difference maker in at least 6/10 games?

Yeah, actually I do. I think Gus Bradley was holding this team back in a big way. I'm not saying we are going to be dominant next year and walk into a championship, but if we can do 9-7 and get hot at the end, make a run, anything could happen. The 1996 Jaguars did just that and our roster is better than their and we play in a weaker division than they did. Heck Coughlin has made a career out of doing just that! Those Giants teams that beat the Patriots we not dominant, they got hot at the right time.
Quote:We lost 10 or 11 games last year by a touchdown or less. So do I think the changes we have made are a 7 point a game difference maker in at least 6/10 games?

Yeah, actually I do. I think Gus Bradley was holding this team back in a big way. I'm not saying we are going to be dominant next year and walk into a championship, but if we can do 9-7 and get hot at the end, make a run, anything could happen. The 1996 Jaguars did just that and our roster is better than their and we play in a weaker division than they did. Heck Coughlin has made a career out of doing just that! Those Giants teams that beat the Patriots we not dominant, they got hot at the right time.

We hope to go 9-7 every year. Just sayin.
Might be one player away from crawlin out the damn basement..
we are literally a good qb away from the playoffs. we are a elite qb away from a Super Bowl. hopefully blake comes back good and leads us to the playoffs.

Are we one player away from a championship?

No

QB (Maybe)

RB

DE

TE

G

LB (Poz gone after 2017 imo)

The draft will fill some of these gaps but still a few players away imo.
Quote:We hope to go 9-7 every year. Just sayin.
I drink the Kool-Aid more than anyone but outside of last year, nobody seriously thought we were a 9 win team before that. This year is different, it really will be. You've got to believe!

Quote:we are literally a good qb away from the playoffs. we are a elite qb away from a Super Bowl. hopefully blake comes back good and leads us to the playoffs.
If the Texans could win this division last year with their QB situation, we can win it this year. Our defense is every bit as elite as theirs was. If we can limit the Bortles mistakes and EXPECT to win, we can do it. 

I'm going to say it, Jaguars- 10-6 this year, AFC South Champions, Home Playoff Game. 
IMO we are an every down RB, an OG, a RT and possibly a QB away (depending on if Bortles gets his act together this coming season.)

We were one coach away last year.
This would be a much more realistic thread if you had just replaced "championship" with "winning season" or even just replaced it with "playoffs".

Quote:No not one player away.

Tell me then how many?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5