Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best way to fix the O line in my opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Going to make this super simple.

LT - Albert

LG - Rookie (2nd round)

C - Rookie (4th round)

RG - Linder

RT - Rookie (3rd round)

Simple version

In a draft filled with defensive talent and weak olinemen your going to spend 3 of your first 4 picks on oline?  no thanks

Actually thats not such a bad idea. If you really want our o line to struggle
Yea, start three rooks on the O-line. Brilliant idea.
No.....just......no.

Yea lets make the line worse than it already is
On a side note, RIP Russell Wilson.
I believe the team is happy with all spots other than left guard. They will address that and add depth. No problem.

That would be by far the worst offensive line in football
Drafting a guard in the second round is a smart move.

The rest...

...not so much.

Quote:Going to make this super simple.

LT - Albert

LG - Rookie (2nd round)

C - Rookie (4th round)

RG - Linder

RT - Rookie (3rd round)

Simple version

I do like this although I prefer a RB in there but if it had this way...

LT - Albert (second round) someone who can develop behind an aging Albert but who can get his chops at RT if Parnell falters again this year

LG - Omameh

C - Linder (fourth round)

RG - Cann (third round) someone to compete with Cann, but, if Omameh doesn't work out, he can gain experience there

RT - Parnell
Quote:I do like this although I prefer a RB in there but if it had this way...

LT - Albert (second round) someone who can develop behind an aging Albert but who can get his chops at RT if Parnell falters again this year

LG - Omameh

C - Linder (fourth round)

RG - Cann (third round) someone to compete with Cann, but, if Omameh doesn't work out, he can gain experience there

RT - Parnell
I think there is a high probability that this will be the starting line. 
This is an awesome idea
I can dig it...
Did Beachum get picked up by anyone?
Quote:Did Beachum get picked up by anyone?
Jets
Guard in the 2nd and a tackle in the 3rd or 4th.
I'm not opposed to spending multiple picks on o-line but starting them day 1, that's suicide unless it's Feeney and Lamp or something sick. 

We need some players on the o-line, it is the weakest unit by far. We got a 32 year old Left Tackle with injuries that's over the hill, Linder is awesome, then the rest of the line is terrible. 

Picking up O-line isn't flashy, and they won't be able to all start day 1, but with how we get injuries on that offensive line, how could we not invest there? 

If we are at all serious about running the ball and giving Bortles a chance, we must fix this line. Coughlin has said that he is focused on the trenches and when this team was in its heyday, we dominated up front. I think back to that James Stewart 5 touchdown day against the Eagles or the Freddy T/ MJD day on the Clots, Honey BooBoo's mother could have hit those holes. This team need an identity and when your quarterback isn't franchise material, that identity starts in the trenches. 
Get a better qb. Line issue fixed.
Quote:Get a better qb. Line issue fixed.

Bro, we just became best friends. A good QB who can slide or move the pocket and get the ball out on quick reads fixes literally everything.

Kurt Warner did this with the Cardinals. They were a nobody until he arrived.
Pages: 1 2 3 4