Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dead Weight..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Its about that time of the year to start cutting some of the dead weight off the team...Who are your dead weight players? Some of those players imo are Gerhart,Henne,Pierce,Evans,

Gratz,Branch just to name a few....
Can we start with you?
Rocdee, the Anchorman, Wingerdinger, Bklynjag, etc. You know, the usual whiners about everything......oh I think you mean players.

Branch, Gerhart, Clemons, Sergio, Gratz, and Beadles to name a few.
Why would we cut henne? Is there someone else you'd rather have be the backup?
I think RG3 would serve as a good backup. Ofcourse he'll be lookin to be a starter again somewhere though.

Guess Im going against da grain here
Quote:I think RG3 would serve as a good backup. Ofcourse he'll be lookin to be a starter again somewhere though.

Could you imagine the "start RG3" threads after Blake's first int?

Pass
Quote:I think RG3 would serve as a good backup. Ofcourse he'll be lookin to be a starter again somewhere though.

Im not sure he would be a good fit in our offense. Hopefully he gets a shot to go somewhere and either learn behind a good older qb or somewhere he can compete to start. Maybe SF? Either way henne already knows the offense and I'm excited to see continuity, it seems like every year teams change their coordinators and teams spend the first half of the year trying to learn a new playboy while we will have guys learning how to execute our plays better as opposed to learning something new.
Quote:Its about that time of the year to start cutting some of the dead weight off the team...Who are your dead weight players? Some of those players imo are Gerhart,Henne,Pierce,Evans,

Henne and Branch are free agents, that would not have to be cut.  I don't agree on Henne, as he's a serviceable backup QB that knows the offense.  
Gerhart should have worn a Hamburglar mask around EverBank the past two years because he was straight up stealing his paycheck.
Quote:Im not sure he would be a good fit in our offense. Hopefully he gets a shot to go somewhere and either learn behind a good older qb or somewhere he can compete to start. Maybe SF? Either way henne already knows the offense and I'm excited to see continuity, it seems like every year teams change their coordinators and teams spend the first half of the year trying to learn a new playboy while we will have guys learning how to execute our plays better as opposed to learning something new.

Yeah, while the rest of the league studies new playboys, we'll be focused. Our guys will be ready.

Lol. Nah, I kid. I know what u meant. But Yeah.. I can see RG3 playin a similar style of ball in our offense that Blake plays. They actually seem to have sorta similar skillsets.
I can't really watch Gratz and Evans play anymore, I just don't have it in me. Gerhart is useless, as is Bernard Pierce. Chris Clemons is too old. Branch is also gone. The rest of the bad players we have I guess we could use for depth. But those ones have to go.

Quote:Could you imagine the "start RG3" threads after Blake's first int?

Pass

I don't miss those threads. Keeping Henne is a good thing, from that perspective.
Quote:Its about that time of the year to start cutting some of the dead weight off the team...Who are your dead weight players? Some of those players imo are Gerhart,Henne,Pierce,Evans,

No, no no no.   The time of year to cut players is when you HAVE to: when it's training camp and you have no more roster spots left.   The time to cut players is when you have a BETTER PLAYER and no roster spot for him.  

The idea of cutting players right now is really stupid.  It accomplishes nothing. 
We need to cut branch, clemons, aloo aloo, bubblegum gratz, Beadles, Joke L, and Marcedes. Also, we need to get rid of a certain beer bellied coach and his terrible soft zone defensive scheme.
Quote:No, no no no.   The time of year to cut players is when you HAVE to: when it's training camp and you have no more roster spots left.   The time to cut players is when you have a BETTER PLAYER and no roster spot for him.  

The idea of cutting players right now is really stupid.  It accomplishes nothing. 
Generally agree with your thought.  However, there are times when you need to release a player under contract earlier than training camp due to a contractual payment or roster bonus that triggers if the player is on the roster on a certain date.  Often, these dates coincide with the opening of free agency, before camp.   

Quote:Rocdee, the Anchorman, Wingerdinger, Bklynjag, etc. You know, the usual whiners about everything......oh I think you mean players.

The Dinger seems to be on your mind a lot.. Don't ask, don't tell, right?

P.S. Only you would have a pic of the Milk Man's baby for an avatar.
Quote:Rocdee, the Anchorman, Wingerdinger, Bklynjag, etc. You know, the usual whiners about everything......oh I think you mean players.

Agree with all of the above.  All of it except for WingerDinger.  He provides comic levity here.  The others are just angry little kiddies in constant tantrum mode.

as much as I have disagreed with the anchorman...

i just don't think he belongs in the same group as rocdee and bklynjag....
Quote:Generally agree with your thought. However, there are times when you need to release a player under contract earlier than training camp due to a contractual payment or roster bonus that triggers if the player is on the roster on a certain date. Often, these dates coincide with the opening of free agency, before camp.

Don't cut Skuta, Poz, Parnell or Odrick... but Clemons, Gratz, Gerhart, Beadles? They can go. Those 4 could be replaced pretty easily.
Quote:as much as I have disagreed with the anchorman...

i just don't think he belongs in the same group as rocdee and bklynjag....

I can agree with this.  May not always agree with anchorman, but he really isn't the incessant whiner the others are.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6