Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Playoffs or bust for Gus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
2016 is a contract year for Gus Bradley. According to Caldwell, Bradley gets a pass for the first two seasons he was the coach here in Jacksonville. Khan has been patient and let the whole contract playoff.  What are the expectations?   The Team has had it's fill of ice cream cake but it's time to start winning.. Does a 6-10 or 7-9 record get him an extension?

I think we certainly need to see a vast improvement on defense.

With the offense being particularly useful, we need all of the weaker areas to be strengthened in order to make a real push for those playoffs!

Go Jags!

Corn or Blank #2.

Quote:Corn or Blank #2.

What are Gus's favorite flavor and the second page of How I Win by Coach Bradley?
It is all up to Mr Khan. Until someone buys the team from him he gets the final say. I am sure he will outline expectations, but what those are are between him Caldwell and Gus.
8-8/9-7 or below and no playoffs = no extension.

10-6/11-5 or above and no playoffs = probable extension.

Playoffs no matter the record = extension

Next year you're just looking for the offensive line, running game, and overall defense to show substantial improvement and for the passing game to at least hold steady. You're looking for Bradley to have better gameplans. It's not really about wins for me. For instance, if the defense and run games improve, but Bortles gets injured for a lot of the year (God forbid) I wouldn't expect to see more than about 6 wins but I'd still want to keep the coach.

I bet Shad said 9 wins
Quote:Next year you're just looking for the offensive line, running game, and overall defense to show substantial improvement and for the passing game to at least hold steady. You're looking for Bradley to have better gameplans. It's not really about wins for me. For instance, if the defense and run games improve, but Bortles gets injured for a lot of the year (God forbid) I wouldn't expect to see more than about 6 wins but I'd still want to keep the coach.

So you are saying "it's not really about wins" in Gus' 4th year?

Well then what year will it be about wins? 5th year, 6th year 7th year, 8th year................................?

I don't really understand this type of thinking.

You play to win the game.

That's about what this thread is worth ( real shocker there), so I agree.
He had 3 full seasons going into his fourth (excuses are over both DC & OC were to blame according to Gus - heard the same thing under JDR before he was terminated), so this is the last year of his contract (A prove it year of sorts) he has to show that he can win games.

How many NFL owners would allow a GM & HC (tied together) to have a .250% winning percentage for 3 years going on 4?   1  Jacksonville Owner Shahid Khan

He has been incredible loyal to his staff allowing them to do their jobs, but it is a business of results.  I think the owner will be forced to not renew Gus Bradley's coaching contract should the team not break .500 and make the playoffs in 2016.

I could be wrong though.

Nope. 6 wins is improvement.

Maybe that is why the loser turds the end of every year, so there is room for improvement.
Quote:He had 3 full seasons going into his fourth (excuses are over both DC & OC were to blame according to Gus - heard the same thing under JDR before he was terminated), so this is the last year of his contract (A prove it year of sorts) he has to show that he can win games.

How many NFL owners would allow a GM & HC (tied together) to have a .250% winning percentage for 3 years going on 4?   1  Jacksonville Owner Shadid Khan

He has been incredible loyal to his staff allowing them to do their jobs, but it is a business of results.  I think the owner will be forced to not renew Gus Bradley's coaching contract should the team not break .500 and make the playoffs in 2016.

I could be wrong though.

Shadid huh.
Shahid my fault typo

Seeing as Shad has been ok with a losing record for 3 straight years. Im sure Shad would be content with 8-9 wins this extending Gus
Gus is almost certainly gone after next years brutal schedule. I'm just hoping that it isn't going to be as ugly as I think its gonna be.
Quote:Seeing as Shad has been ok with a losing record for 3 straight years. Im sure Shad would be content with 8-9 wins this extending Gus

Are ya really sure?

I'll make a sig bet with anyone on here that Gus doesn't get resigned with 9 wins unless he wins a playoff game.

I'd bet every dollar Ive ever worked for that he doesn't get a new contract w 8 wins.
and then what?

I mean should he have already been fired, let's say the answer is yes..

do you really trust the choices so far Mularkey and Bradley that the next one will be better?

As fans lets hope really hard that GM Dave Caldwell knows what he is doing & that this will be the year that Gus Bradley's master plan all comes together...

and that the team wins the AFC South!

Quote:and then what?

I mean should he have already been fired, let's say the answer is yes..

do you really trust the choices so far Mularkey and Bradley that the next one will be better?
Shadid didn't choose Mularkey.

Edit: he definitely didn't choose the guy that chose Mularkey, that's for sure.
He could've intervened at any time.  He is being a good owner in that he hires the President & probably had influence over the GM and then lets them do their jobs but at any time he could suggest that something get done (and it will).

Pages: 1 2 3 4