Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars interviewing Billy Davis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@jasonmyrt Hearing eagles D coordinator Billy Davis on his way to Jaguars to interview for DC spot with Jags.

Not sure how i feel about this. I know the Eagles defense was terrible.
Quote:@jasonmyrt Hearing eagles D coordinator Billy Davis on his way to Jaguars to interview for DC spot with Jags.

The Eagles arguably had the worst secondary in the league this year, that has little to do with Billy Davis and everything to do with personnel "guru" Chip Kelly.
The Eagles defense was absolutely horrible last year.

Please Pass
Quote:@jasonmyrt Hearing eagles D coordinator Billy Davis on his way to Jaguars to interview for DC spot with Jags.

Olson coached the 31st ranked offense in Oakland.
It's his first interview, not the last. 

You would grouch about having an orgasm.
Davis seemed to have a good defense in his first two years as DC for the Eagles, so I think it might have been Chip Kelly that ruined the defense.

He's also coached the Cardinals.
I researched this guy

Pure Trash wherever he goes.

Philly site bio:

"With over 20 years of NFL coaching experience, Bill Davis joined the Eagles in the 2013 offseason after spending the previous two seasons coaching the Cleveland Browns’ linebackers.

In his first season in Philadelphia, the Eagles made a successful transition to 3-4 defensive scheme and tied for third in the NFL with 12 games of holding their opponents to 21 points or less. They also ranked tied for third in the NFL with 31 takeaways be- hind only Seattle (39) and Kansas City (36).

During his coaching career, Davis has held stints under Dom Capers, Bill Cowher, Vic Fangio, Dick LeBeau, Mike Nolan, Wade Phillips and Marvin Lewis. He has also helped guide eight players to the Pro Bowl: Keith Brooking, Darnell Dockett, Kevin Greene, Walt Harris, Lamar Lathon, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Antrel Rolle and Adrian Wilson."

...you could do worse like hire New Mexico State or North Dakota State head coaches. 

The Eagles D was on the field too much because the Offense struggled.

Quote:You would grouch about having an [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Who's being a grouch?
I'm not going to judge him because I don't know what he brings to the table. If they hire him I'll give him the year to see how he pans out just like Olson.

No doubt we'll have the usual suspects having a meltdown just like we did with Olson.

I hope Bad word removed Le Beau taught him well...
Yeah...pass.

Quote:I hope Bad word removed Le Beau taught him well...

The bad word removed obviously begins with a vowel. I was thinking of a donkey.

LeBeau worked for the Steelers and Bengals. Now he is with the Titans. When did he ever work with Billy Davis?
Quote:The bad word removed obviously begins with a vowel. I was thinking of a donkey.

LeBeau worked for the Steelers and Bengals. Now he is with the Titans. When did he ever work with Billy Davis?
Again, does Google just not work for you?
Quote:The bad word removed obviously begins with a vowel. I was thinking of a donkey.

Yeah, no.
Quote:I'm not going to judge him because I don't know what he brings to the table. If they hire him I'll give him the year to see how he pans out just like Olson.

No doubt we'll have the usual suspects having a meltdown just like we did with Olson.
He's the first guy interviewed, but if he's hired, I fully expect tantrums similar to last year when Olson was hired.  Oddly enough, most of those people are awfully quiet about that one. 

Dick LeBeau
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6