Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Finding a FS is a lot like finding a QB now" - Uncle Dave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sounds like this Seattle Defense mess ain't going to work.
Have not gotten into the draft hype yet, but Ramsey could be a early prediction. 

There may be 3 really good FS in FA, Waddle, Eric Berry and Tashaun Gipson plus we have a shot at Ramsey, we should be able to get one this year

Quote:Sounds like this Seattle Defense mess ain't going to work.
It's not, but we're going to waste the little talent we have trying to make it work.
He basically said he wants Ramsey. Dave gives NF's!!!
Quote:There may be 3 really good FS in FA, Waddle, Eric Berry and Tashaun Gipson plus we have a shot at Ramsey, we should be able to get one this year

Eric Berry? Really? Seems unlikely Chiefs would let him leave.
Quote:Eric Berry? Really? Seems unlikely Chiefs would let him leave.

Eric Berry isn't a Free Safety so it doesn't really matter.
This is constipated thinking. FS is an extinct position. If your long and athletic they move you to corner. Why? Because the qbs first read is to throw away from the free safety!

Go rewatch the last superbowl. Earl thomas and devin mccourty, neither of them came close to the ball.

Look up any player you think is great at fs and tell me theyre worth it. We dodged a bullet with devin mccourty.
Quote:This is constipated thinking. FS is an extinct position. If your long and athletic they move you to corner. Why? Because the qbs first read is to throw away from the free safety!

Go rewatch the last superbowl. Earl thomas and devin mccourty, neither of them came close to the ball.

Look up any player you think is great at fs and tell me theyre worth it. We dodged a bullet with devin mccourty.

Unlike our current set up where the QB finds the Free safety and knows that's where to go with the ball.
Quote:Eric Berry isn't a Free Safety so it doesn't really matter.
Eric Berry is probably a better free safety than he is a strong safety. I think if he leaves KC he'll be a free safety
Quote:Eric Berry is probably a better free safety than he is a strong safety. I think if he leaves KC he'll be a free safety

He plays like an in-the-box Strong, I don't think he has the range to play center field the way this defense requires.
Quote:He plays like an in-the-box Strong, I don't think he has the range to play center field the way this defense requires.

I haven't watched him in KC all that much, but he was really great at playing FS at Tennessee. He had like 12 picks in two years. Plus IIRC he ran in the low 4.4s coming out of college.
Quote:Eric Berry is probably a better free safety than he is a strong safety. I think if he leaves KC he'll be a free safety

His strengths are in run support. Not bad at coverage but he is definitely a better fit at strong safety.
I was very surprised to hear Dave say FS is as hard to find as a franchise QB. WUT!? 

How has he been at creating interceptions in the league?
Id rather we sign a guy so that if we dragt Ramsey we can start him at corner. In our third down package nick marshall is starting outside.
Quote:How has he been at creating interceptions in the league?

He's got 10 in six seasons.
Quote:I was very surprised to hear Dave say FS is as hard to find as a franchise QB. WUT!?

While a safety doesn't have the same impact as a QB, I agree with him.

Put it this way, there are more teams in the NFL that have found Franchise QBs than there are ones who have found top level safeties.
Not only could Eric Berry play FS, but he would easily be the best FS this team has ever had.

Thank u fl. And its the same for mccourty weddle etc. Its the nature of the position.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5