Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars sign G Earl Watford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ex-Cardinals guard. 26 years old. Started 10 games last season.

2 years / $6 millions

Never heard of him. I guess depth.
Two words: Super Bowl
Purely depth though. Still need to draft a guard in the 2nd.
Not bad. Could be a potential starter. He must have helped pave the way for David Johnson last year in a pretty stout defensive based NFC West. 

Just saw he had 11 starts at RG last year. Could be insurance if Cann doesn't progress.
Cann is straight cha-rash
Quote:Just saw he had 11 starts at RG last year. Could be insurance if Cann doesn't progress.

Correction: 10 starts, 3 at RT, 7 at RG. Getting my info from O'halloren tweets.
Cann has been a let down. The right side in general between him and Parnell were setting the offense back last year. I hope we can replace Parnell with Bolles, Dawkins, Garcia or even Moton between RD2 - RD3 if possible. 

Just sounds like depth. Probably only starts if Cann struggles more
12 games started in the last 4 years, out performed by some Joe from the practice squad

Glad we're continuing to sign winners

Reading the Arizona boards, collectively, they don't seem to think of Warford as anything but a utility/backup player, able to play multiple spots on the OL.  They don't seem to care that he signed elsewhere.

Quote:Reading the Arizona boards, collectively, they don't seem to think of Warford as anything but a utility/backup player, able to play multiple spots on the OL.  They don't seem to care that he signed elsewhere.
That's because he spends more time on IR than he does on the field
Quote:Cann has been a let down. The right side in general between him and Parnell were setting the offense back last year. I hope we can replace Parnell with Bolles, Dawkins, Garcia or even Moton between RD2 - RD3 if possible.

We need to invest some higher draft choices on offensive linemen to fix our issue. I would like to see our starting left guard and Parnell's replacement from this draft as you mentioned. Maybe a even a later pick to help push Cann. I like Danny Isidora from Miami as a late round sleeper.
Seems like competition. That Guard spot will be really competitive in camp.
"competitive"

They could just hang a picture on EverBank with Fournette's picture too 

Quote:"competitive"

"jaguars fan"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhhsV-VCwMw

Watch #78 get down field.

Cards fan: "He's a stud at run blocking though. He pulls like a beast.

I like Watford. I'm a little sad tbh."

Another Cards fan: "Jags fans, you're getting a fantastic run blocker. He's an alright pass blocker, but the guy can pull like no other and absolutely crush some dudes. Go look at David Johnson's long touchdown against the Jets and Earl is right there blocking the whole time. You're also getting one of the nicest dudes you'd ever meet, he'll be an absolute fan favorite. Also a huge beer nerd."
Quote:Purely depth though. Still need to draft a guard in the 2nd.
Agreed.  This doesn't eliminate or lessen the need for OL in the draft.
Pages: 1 2 3 4