Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team's best athlete: Marqise Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32fo...e-nfl-team

I thought it would be in a runaway Allen Robinson, but the locker room says Lee. Maybe Robinson is just more productive and that's okay because we got both
When will we see him prove it on the field? 

Quote:When will we see him prove it on the field? 
One day.....maybe
He's got the speed for it. Albino Tiger's just got to stay on the field.

He needs to shed his nickname of Albino Tiger first. He looks like he can be a big playmaker and has proven he can be a game changer on the field in sporadic situations but he doesn't practice and doesn't stay on the field.

Is it like when you tell a disabled person that they are really the best player on the team?  I think Lee could be lethal if he could remain healthy.

I'll say Robinson... not ARob... but DRob.

Lee shows flashes, just needs to build some chemistry with Blake. That almost one handed catch that drew the PI was good. He's beating defenders deep, in space he's dangerous. Just needs more reps on the field, this year just wasn't his year.
I want to see Lee with the ball in some space. He accelerates quickly.
It doesn't matter what his practice stats are... if he doesn't show it via production on the field in a real game due to constant injuries then he's just another star bench warmer.

Quote:He's got the speed for it. Albino Tiger's just got to stay on the field.
This.  He burned that CB on Sunday, and would have made a spectacular catch if Bortles would have thrown it a tad shorter.
There's no question he's the best athlete out there. He's smooth as silk panties, and can fly. His track accomplishments speak to how great an athlete he really is as well.

Not a shock to me, and I still don't know why folks don't see the potential his speed brings to this offense. 

When he and Blake figure out some timing on the deep ball..... yikes. 

Don't let the frustrating injuries blind you to this young man's talent. 

Quote:Not a shock to me, and I still don't know why folks don't see the potential his speed brings to this offense. 

When he and Blake figure out some timing on the deep ball..... yikes. 

Don't let the frustrating injuries blind you to this young man's talent. 

Eh thing is...we've seen this with many speed receivers. Yes, Lee has speed. Even on that 17 yard catch he had vs. Tennesee, you see a glimpse of it. BUT...

- he's oft injured

- he has inconsistent route running

- he is a body catcher

- he does not have good ball skills (he's the anti-Arob when it comes to ball skills)

Is he the best athlete on the team? Possibly. But he's an athlete learning to play football, as opposed to a football player that is also a good athlete (like ARob). It doesn't mean he doesn't have a role for this team. I just wouldn't be relying on it moving forward. A bonus to the offense if it happens, for sure though.
Quote:Eh thing is...we've seen this with many speed receivers. So what?
 He's not them. I'm not into writing him off because a few other guys that shared one or two attributes
  failed. 

Yes, Lee has speed. Even on that 17 yard catch he had vs. Tennesee, you see a glimpse of it. BUT...

- he's oft injured Plenty of players have come back from more injuries of greater severity to have great careers

- he has inconsistent route running - Give Sully another off-season with him. I think that's all he needs. 

- he is a body catcher - see above. Remember half of this board writing off Hurns for the same reason? 

- he does not have good ball skills (he's the anti-Arob when it comes to ball skills) - He doesn't have the innate ball skills of a receiver like A-Rob. True. 

Is he the best athlete on the team? Possibly. But he's an athlete learning to play football, as opposed to a football player that is also a good athlete (like ARob). It doesn't mean he doesn't have a role for this team. I just wouldn't be relying on it moving forward. A bonus to the offense if it happens, for sure though.

No one said anything about relying on anything. In fact I used the word "potential." Which is something else entirely. 

Also:  I'll take body catches like this one all day long. 

[Image: rbwhvp.jpg]

Quote:No one said anything about relying on anything. In fact I used the word "potential." Which is something else entirely. 

Also:  I'll take body catches like this one all day long. 

[Image: rbwhvp.jpg]

He's not them...he just possesses a lot of the traits that made them fail (or at least not live up to their expectations) as wide receivers?

Can he improve his route running? Not if he's constantly hurt. Can some body catchers improve? Yeah they can. But I just don't get the whole fascination by some in this board with Lee. The guy has been living off his stellar sophomore season at USC. He wasn't that good his last year there, and he had a few moments of flash in an otherwise so-so rookie year.

He has tons of potential? So did Troy Williamson.

As far as I'm concerned, you can replace the name "Lee" with any speed WR in any of the past drafts and it won't make a difference...because that's the only thing he brings to this team.

Quote:I'll say Robinson... not ARob... but DRob.
I'd have to agree with this.  I think Denard is a phenomenal athlete who continues to improve in his role on this team. 
Quote:He's not them...he just possesses a lot of the traits that made them fail (or at least not live up to their expectations) as wide receivers?

Can he improve his route running? Not if he's constantly hurt. Can some body catchers improve? Yeah they can. But I just don't get the whole fascination by some in this board with Lee. The guy has been living off his stellar sophomore season at USC. He wasn't that good his last year there, and he had a few moments of flash in an otherwise so-so rookie year.

He has tons of potential? So did Troy Williamson.

As far as I'm concerned, you can replace the name "Lee" with any speed WR in any of the past drafts and it won't make a difference...because that's the only thing he brings to this team.

Enjoy the pessimism. I simply have more confidence in Lee reaching his potential than you do.

He may turn out to be just Dave Caldwell having an "Al Davis moment" - and maybe I'm drawing too much from his "flashes" -  but I get a good feeling he'll get on track. 

I have no doubt Lee will come good if he can can string together games and practices next year without injury.
Quote:Enjoy the pessimism. I simply see more potential in Lee than you do.

He may turn out to be just Dave Caldwell having an "Al Davis moment" - and maybe I'm drawing too much from his "flashes" -  but I get a good feeling he'll get on track. 

I prefer to call it realism. If he shows me something to prove that he can be that guy, sure I'll change my tune. I don't have high hopes for him. There's only so many balls that can go around. ARob and Hurns are clearly ahead of him. Julius is another guy who should command more looks next season as he develops chemistry with Blake. Before he got injured, Greene was already becoming a favorite of Blake for the underneath stuff. 

Barring injuries with those guys (which I would not want to see), the opportunities for Lee to shine are pretty slim. He may end up turning it around, but I have a feeling if he does so, it won't be in Jax.
Pages: 1 2 3 4