Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gotta love ESPN and QBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-...o-with-it/

Apparently a beautiful strike to ARob, laser to JT80 and a rushing TD had nothing to do with the 51 point game...
So much hate "pass that was nearly intercepted but turned into an 80 yard touchdown" That pass was a thing of beauty, perfectly thrown. Had Rodgers made that same pass they'd be all over his jock.
Its not just them who were underwhelmed by his performance.

Quote: 

QB Blake Bortles (-5.4) had his second consecutive game with multiple touchdown passes and no interceptions, but the stats can be deceiving. He only had one really bad throw—a misread on a slant that resulted in a pass defense by D’Qwell Jackson—but he did have two bad fumbles, one of which led direction to a Colts’ touchdown. Bortles also struggled with accuracy and forced throws on multiple occasions. The Colts had six pass defenses on the day and Bortles’ 58.6 accuracy percentage was the second-lowest of the week.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ace-tight/

Quote:Its not just them who were underwhelmed by his performance.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/14/pro-ind-jax-grades-jags-destroy-colts-keep-afc-south-race-tight/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/14/pro-ind-jax-grades-jags-destroy-colts-keep-afc-south-race-tight/</a>

Go away. No one agrees with you. Your life is a sad existence if you post over a 100x and not 1 person agrees with you. Might as well go talk to some GI Joes
Quote:Go away. No one agrees with you. Your life is a sad existence if you post over a 100x and not 1 person agrees with you. Might as well go talk to some GI Joes

Actually it seems there are a large number of professionals that do agree with me, and the empirical evidence does as well. Unfortunately for me I'd probably get a more intelligent discussion from a GI Joe than you.
I think they are trying too hard to defend their QBR metric.  What week was it that Rodgers threw for less 100 yards and a 50% comp% yet had a higher QBR than Brady who threw for 300+ with 4 TDs... with a better comp% no less.  I dont think anybody really knows what is going on with this ranking system.

I don't pay attention to those media weinies anyway....just keep winning by 30 + points

and let them eventually find something good to say.  :woot:

Quote:Actually it seems there are a large number of professionals that do agree with me, and the empirical evidence does as well. Unfortunately for me I'd probably get a more intelligent discussion from a GI Joe than you.

51 points moron.
Quote:51 points moron.

I gotta say, I'm surprised you didn't answer with the usual "JAGS DEFENSE 30 PPG!!!" act. Though you still did successfully demonstrate your football ignorance and general stupidity.
They do seem to doubt him, because of the turnovers, though amplified, becauseJags. But, they will learn soon. Slowly, they are looking. First you doubt, later you love, if proven. #Sports

Baconator, I am genuinely disturbed by your continued assertion given the monumental leap, and #s. Marked improvement and clear franchise caliber is an understatement, no?
Quote:They do seem to doubt him, because of the turnovers, though amplified, becauseJags. But, they will learn soon. Slowly, they are looking. First you doubt, later you love, if proven. #Sports

Baconator, I am genuinely disturbed by your continued assertion given the monumental leap, and #s. Marked improvement and clear franchise caliber is an understatement, no?

No, volume stats don't count for much in the modern NFL, literally every team has inflated stats because the game has turned to favor the offense in dramatic fashion. He is still on of the worst decision makers, very turnover prone, and the most inaccurate QB in the league. Inefficiency might allow you to put up pretty stats, but as the advanced metrics show, it doesn't amount to anything special or help you win games.
Who cares about the QB rating from ESPN? I mean really? It's irrelevant. This is what I like seeing. Our second year QB has progressed and looks like we will have 2 1k WRs. That's hot.
Quote:http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-...o-with-it/

Apparently a beautiful strike to ARob, laser to JT80 and a rushing TD had nothing to do with the 51 point game...

I would like to punch the writer of that stupid article in his throat
You sound buttHurt Baconater. Bortles wasn't good in the first half then made up for it by scoring a TD on every drive in the 2nd. Four of the TDs were his too. I will take that every week thanks! There's a reason we have by far the most points in the AFC South. We have by far the best qb
Quote:No, volume stats don't count for much in the modern NFL, literally every team has inflated stats because the game has turned to favor the offense in dramatic fashion. He is still on of the worst decision makers, very turnover prone, and the most inaccurate QB in the league. Inefficiency might allow you to put up pretty stats, but as the advanced metrics show, it doesn't amount to anything special or help you win games.

30 TDs...  13 INTs...  

I'll take it.  

BB5 is a top 10 QB in the league right now, even with his % completion where it's at.  
Quote:You sound buttHurt Baconater. Bortles wasn't good in the first half then made up for it by scoring a TD on every drive in the 2nd. Four of the TDs were his too. I will take that every week thanks! There's a reason we have by far the most points in the AFC South. We have by far the best qb

He's a joke, he doesn't really know what he's talking about
Also surely drawing the DB out of position and hitting a wr in stride is the perfect pass? It may have an element of danger but was perfect. It isn't like the Delanie Walker long TD where Mariota picked out a bunch of defenders who made a mess of an int and deflected to walker for a long TD a few weeks back.
Quote:Go away. No one agrees with you. Your life is a sad existence if you post over a 100x and not 1 person agrees with you. Might as well go talk to some GI Joes  your Barbie Dolls.

FIFY

Tote out the usual rhetoric and insults...you guys have become boring. It's like you guys don't even try to use rational thought or objective evidence. Enjoy the circle jerk.
Quote:I gotta say, I'm surprised you didn't answer with the usual "JAGS DEFENSE 30 PPG!!!" act. Though you still did successfully demonstrate your football ignorance and general stupidity.

Well, yesterday it was Jags defense 9 points, that's 3 FGs in case you weren't sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4