Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Division Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Assuming Houston loses tonight, we'll be a game behind Indianapolis and Houston.

Houston's remaining schedule: @ IND, @ TEN, vs. JAC

Indianapolis' remaining schedule: vs. HOU, @ MIA, vs. TEN

Jacksonville's remaining schedule: vs. ATL, @ NO, @ HOU

I can't help but be thinking about division-winning scenarios. If we win out (including a victory over Houston) and Houston beats Indianapolis next week, do we win the division regardless of any other game outcomes?

Here's one scenario.

We win out, finish 8-8.

tinhorns go 1-3, beating only the clots in week 15, finish 7-9.

clots go 1-2, beating either Miami in week 16 or Tennessee in week 17, finish 7-9.

BTW, that would make the tinhorns game in week 17 the divisional decider. 

Thanks DragonFury. I would love for that to happen, but I don't know if Tennessee can come through twice, or even once, for us.

So basically our playoff chances are in the tacks hands... Even if we win out. Welp, I guess there's always next year!

Quote:So basically our playoff chances are in the tacks hands. Even if we win out. Welp, I guess there's always next year!

That sounds crazy because they are playing for the first or second draft pick LOL.

I am not ready to say, "There is always next year," when we are still in the playoff hunt.
http://forums.colts.com/topic/42862-if-l...n-is-over/

Our resident Homer thinks they are a dangerous playoff team haha! How can we compete with that.
We need to win out the rest of the year to win the division, but assuming Houston loses to New England tonight:

If Houston beats Indy:

Houston must lose to both Tennessee and Jacksonville

Indy must lose one against either Miami or Tennessee

If Indy beats Houston:

Indy must lose to both Miami and Tennessee

Houston must lose against Jacksonville

Houston beating Indy seems like the easier of the two paths, but neither one is easy and it requires us winning against Atlanta, New Orleans, and Houston to even have a chance.

Can we win a tie breaker at 7-9, with a two or three way tie?
Quote:Can we win a tie breaker at 7-9, with a two or three way tie?

I just checked and surprisingly yes.

For it to happen we would need Houston to beat Indy, both Houston and Indy to lose to Tennessee, and we need to beat Houston and one of Atlanta/New Orleans. It doesn't look like there is any way we can win the division at 7-9 if Indy beats Houston.
How funny would it be if Houston and Indy tie?
Quote:I just checked and surprisingly yes.

For it to happen we would need Houston to beat Indy, both Houston and Indy to lose to Tennessee, and we need to beat Houston and one of Atlanta/New Orleans. It doesn't look like there is any way we can win the division at 7-9 if Indy beats Houston.

That may be true mathematically, but in reality you can't expect Tennessee to beat either the Texans or Colts. So we really need to win out and not worry about being in a tie.
I just want to continue doing what I always do. Root for jags to win and rest to lose.
Quote:I just want to continue doing what I always do. Root for Jags to win and rest to lose.

You can't root for both the Texans and Colts to lose out because they meet next week.

Quote:You can't root for both the Texans and Colts to lose out because they meet next week.

Yea. I'll swallow my pride and root for texans next week. Then all lose after.
A Houston-Indy tie is the only way Jacksonville can win the division without needing help from the Titans.

Quote:A Houston-Indy tie is the only way Jacksonville can win the division without needing help from the Titans.

Are you sure about that?
Yes.

Absent a Houston-Indy tie, either the Colts are at 7 wins with 4 division wins or Houston is at 7 wins with 3 division wins. Both teams have games against the Titans. Winning vs the Titans gets either team to at least 8 wins and 4 division wins (for Houston) or 5 division wins (for Indy). Since Jax can't finish better than 8 wins with 3 division wins, that's a wrap.

if indy,and texans tied would it help us or hurt us?

Quote:if indy,and texans tied would it help us or hurt us?

It's getting desperate here
Quote:It's getting desperate here

We aren't worried about you lot. Texans are the problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7