Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our stadium doesn't present a 12th man atmosphere
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I sat in section 220 today and I was yelling as loud as I could. The guys next to me were banging on seats and we were all standing up and whistling and screaming and doing everything we could to help our defense.

But with the distance from the field to the actual seats seems like it isn't as close as to a team like the Patriots stadium.

I wish Khan would put a lid over the stadium to create more sound.

Not to mention my face is always sun burnt.

What are your guys thoughts on this? Do you think Everbank has a homefield advantage with crowd noise like Arrowhead and other loud places?
No, it isn't very loud in there. Also, it looked pretty empty on TV today as well.

Our team doesn't present an 11th man atmosphere

Quote:Our team doesn't present an 11th man atmosphere
Thats funny right there...
Quote:No, it isn't very loud in there. Also, it looked pretty empty on TV today as well.
There were some Charger fans sitting in front of us and we were going back and forth talking junk and just having fun. But they were telling us more people show up at High School football games.....

I tried to think of a comeback but once they said that, I was stuck like Chuck.

I looked around on a beautiful 73 degree perfect day and they were right. There was no way that game was sold out. Some sections were completely empty. And I'm not talking about the tarped sections.

There was no hype in the air. I found myself yawning at times and having a normal conversation without having to raise my voice at all.

Other than watching the game, it is actually boring.
Not going to get that kind of crowd/atmosphere unless we get a winning culture and string together a few winning seasons.

Quote:There were some Charger fans sitting in front of us and we were going back and forth talking junk and just having fun. But they were telling us more people show up at High School football games.....

I looked around on a beautiful 73 degree perfect day and they were right. There was no way that game was sold out. Some sections were completely empty. And I'm not talking about the tarped sections.

There was no hype in the air. I found myself yawning at times and having a normal conversation without having to raise my voice at all.

You were stuck when a Charger fan was making fun of us? They are about to lose their team and their stadium is the worst piece of garbage I have ever stuck foot in.

Also, I said it last week. We played our super bowl on Thursday and were due for a let down game. Gus Bradley is incapable of sustaining success.

Quote:Not going to get that kind of crowd/atmosphere unless we get a winning culture and string together a few winning seasons.

Let's say every seat in the stadium is full...I still think it would be yawning and not very loud compared to other stadiums.

I would love for Khan to address this in the offseason. We have no homefield advantage.
Quote:Let's say every seat in the stadium is full...I still think it would be yawning and not very loud compared to other stadiums.

I would love for Khan to address this in the offseason. We have no homefield advantage.

If every seat is full and the majority are Jags fan as they should be, there won't be a problem.

We don't have a home field advantage because the team isn't good.  

Quote:You were stuck when a Charger fan was making fun of us? They are about to lose their team and their stadium is the worst piece of garbage I have ever stuck foot in.

Also, I said it last week. We played our super bowl on Thursday and were due for a let down game. Gus Bradley is incapable of sustaining success.

Yeah, I agree. Bradley's time is up. There is too much talent of this football team.

Bortles

Yeldon

Hurns

Robinson

Robinson

Thomas

Lewis

Greene

Walters

Linder

Cann

Fowler

Poz

Smith

Cyp

Colvin

Anger

And a great owner.

He just can't get it done.

But I would like to know everyone else's thoughts on the stadium. Trying not to fire Gus in this thread.
If you watched the game at home, you wont get sunburned.
Quote:I sat in section 220 today and I was yelling as loud as I could.

You were close to those "I like to move it move it" fools
It is weird. There seems to be a lot of passion for this team in the city, but the stadium doesn't reflect that.

I keep hearing about generation Jaguar. Where are they?

Quote:If every seat is full and the majority are Jags fan as they should be, there won't be a problem.

We don't have a home field advantage because the team isn't good.

I hear you Scarecrow and I understand what you're saying.

How would you feel if Khan put a lid over it somehow?
Quote:I hear you Scarecrow and I understand what you're saying.

I have no problem with somehow shading the field or at least the stands.  I think it's a positive idea and if they can incorporate making it louder on the field at the same time then even better.
Quote:I hear you Scarecrow and I understand what you're saying.

Khan is using 40M+ more of the cities "hotel tax" money to build an amphitheater and indoor practice field. It would be years before that would happen.
Wussy teams play in dome stadiums.
Quote:If you watched the game at home, you wont get sunburned.

I've done this before but sometimes I like to live a little. I like taking my family to see them play and the camaraderie with the other Jag fans. Tailgating is half the fun.
Quote:There were some Charger fans sitting in front of us and we were going back and forth talking junk and just having fun. But they were telling us more people show up at High School football games.....

You were stuck like Chuck? Well wouldn't "at least were not moving to LA!!!" the killer? 
Quote:I've done this before but sometimes I like to live a little. I like taking my family to see them play and the camaraderie with the other Jag fans. Tailgating is half the fun.

Don't feed the troll. That guy thinks a 60" TV is the biggest they make.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7