Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Titans Thursday Night Football Game Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile   Our 3-6 Jacksonville Jaguars are finally back to host a home game in front of their fans at  EverBank Field for the first time in exactly 30 days, as they host the 2-7 Tennessee Titans in an important AFC South Division matchup.  Both the Jaguars and Titans have adjusted and prepared from their short practice week to accomodate The NFL Network's weekly coverage, of Thursday Night Football.

Tonight is a also battle of current and former Jaguars Head Coaches.  Titans Interim Coach Mike Mullarkey is in his third game coaching the Tennessee Titans, replacing Ken Whisenhunt, and he coached the 2012 Jaguars team where he finished that season with a dismal 2-14 record.  Mullarkey was replaced by current Jaguars Head Coach Paul Casey 'Gus' Bradley.   A win tonight would equal their 2014 regular season record at 4-12 after 11 weeks.  Bradley's current Jaguars Head Coaching record in his third season entering tonight stands at 10-31.

Both Jacksonville and Tennessee are also introducing their new 'Color Rush' Uniforms provided by Nike.  Jaguars and Titans are also in their 42nd all-time regular season meeting, including a 33-14 loss in both teams only postseason appearance together in the 1999 AFC Championship Game, and are also leading off Week 11 of the 2015 NFL regular season.

Titans are coming from their 27-10 home loss to the undefeated and 9-0 Carolina Panthers, while our Jaguars earned a 22-20 road win in regulation at the Baltimore Ravens, in both teams games last Sunday.  Rookie QB and #2 overall draft pick Marcus Mariota is also in his first regular season appearance in Jacksonville opposite the Jaguars second-year QB Blake Bortles.

Jaguars and Titans are also each making their seventh appearance on The NFL Network's Thursday Night Football.  Jaguars current THNF record entering tonight stands at 2-4, including  their 21-14 win over Tennessee last December.  Indianapolis Colts defeated Jacksonville  in the Jaguars first-ever appearance on Thursday Night Football, played at EverBank Field, back on December 18, 2008. Colts DB Keiwan Ratliff broke the 24-24 tie, when he ran back a 35-yard interception with 4:48 remaining, to give the Colts a 31-24 victory over the  Jaguars.

Titans current THNF record is 1-5, with their first game, a 42-17 loss to the San Diego Chargers, back on December 25, 2009. Tennessee's only win in THNF was a 26-23 home win over the Pittsburgh Steelers at then-named LP Field, back on October 11, 2012.

Both the Jaguars and the Titans are playing 11 months to the day both teams played in their last regular season, and Thursday Night Football  meeting, in Jacksonville.  Jaguars prevailed, defeating  the Titans 21-14, in both teams last meeting during Thursday Night Football at EverBank Field back on December 18.  Blake Bortles threw a 4-yard TD pass to WR Marcedes Lewis in the second quarter, followed by two Jaguars TD runs, a 1-yarder from Toby Gerhart, and a 62-yarder from Jordon Todman, along with 3 Josh Scobee PAT's to secure the 21-14 win that evening.

Tennessee Titans though lead the all-time series with 23 wins and 18 losses, and have also outscored the Jaguars in the previous 41 meetings 829 points to 758 points. Jaguars and Titans rivalry began in Jacksonville's first-ever regular season game in their first and inaugural season in the NFL, when the then Houston Oilers defeated the Jaguars in at  Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. Chris Chandler threw a 4-yard TD pass to Haywood Jeffries, then Al Del Greco kicked a 19-yard field goal for their 10-3 win. Mike Hollis kicked the first points in the Jaguars franchise with his 26-yard FG in the fourth quarter .

Jaguars also seek their first home win at EverBank Field since their thrilling 23-20 home win back on September 20. Since their last home game at Jacksonville, Jaguars won two road games, edging the Buffalo Bills 34-31 at Wembley Stadiumin London, England  back on October 20, and this past Sunday, defeating at the Baltimore Ravens 22-20, thanks to Jason Myers 53-yard field goal, as time expired. Jaguars unfortunately suffered a 28-23 loss to the New York Jets following their bye week back on November 8.

Jim Nantz and former New York Giants QB and Super Bowl Champion Phil Simms, along with sideline/field reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, are announcing the live game commentary simculast both locally over-the-air in Jacksonville on WJAX CBS Channel 47, and on international cable on The NFL Network, live on HD.

Frank Frangie is announcing the live radio game-play-by-play, along with former Jaguars Jeff Lageman and Tony Boselli providing live game analysis, simulcasted on Jaguars flagship stations WJXL Jax Sports Radio 1010AM and 92.5FM, and Gator Country 99.9FM, the Jaguars Radio Network throughout Northeastern Florida and the Panhandle, Southern Georgia, and on the Jaguars team website, and Jaguars mobile app from your smartphone and/or iPad.

Brooklyn Nets and New York Jets preseason TV play-by-play announcer Ian Eagle, and San Francisco 49er radio color analyst and former Chicago Bear defensive end Tim Ryan, are also announcing tonight's Jaguars/Titans contest syndicated nationally on Westwood One/ CBS Sports Radio including locally on WFXJ 930AM Fox Sports Radio.

Cloudy skies, and persistent isolated and scattered thunderstorms at 72 degrees, feels like 73 degrees, is the game forecast inside EverBank Field, for the 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 37% humidity, 98% precipitation, and very mild north/northwest winds at 5 miles per hour.

Visiting Titans are wearing their white helmets, light blue, jerseys, pants, socks and cleats, while the host Jaguars are wearing their black and gold helmets, along with their new 'Bold Rush' gold jerseys, pants, socks, and cleats.

Both the Jaguars and Titans coaching and team support staffs tonight during game action, may voluntarily continue to wear authentic NFL camoflaged designed apparel in their sidelines to honor the NFL's 'Salute To Service,' and Military Appreciation Month to recognize our US military personnel, both active and retired, throughout the month of November

NO injuries, win your fourth game, and get back into the AFC South race tonight with your new 'Bold Rush' uniforms,  and GO JAGUARS!!!!!   :woot:  :yes:  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:  ^_^

Jaguars Vs. Titans Thursday Night Football Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report.html

Jaguars Vs. Titans Thursday Night Football Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/index.html

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2015/regular11/

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015111900...ab=preview

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

Other Jaguars Vs. Titans Thursday Night Football Links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguars-Titans_rivalry

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/s/sports/jaguars/

http://www.nfl.com/salute

Something about this game gives me a bad feeling, but hopefully they can pull out a win. 

Preview article on NFL.com by Chris Wesseling:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ars-on-mnf

Preview video on NFL.com featuring MJD:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-previ...ars-on-mnf

Unfortunately Chris Wesseling seems to like Tennessee, but he does say some good things about us too. He is trying to hype both teams without overdoing it, I guess.

Good news for people who struggled to watch the Bills/Jets game last week: The NFL responded to widespread complaints on Twitter by doing a colorblind test to make sure blue vs. gold is not an issue.

GO JAGUARS!

They will stuff the run and BB probably won't have a lot of time to throw. Curious to see what Bradley's game plan is.

Quote:They will stuff the run and BB probably won't have a lot of time to throw. Curious to see what Bradley's game plan is.

If Blake does not hold the ball too long when the pocket is closing on him, he should be fine. He also should get plenty of help from #24.
I just have a feeling we'll win handily for the only time this year.
Orakpo will keep tje Joke busy all night.

This is another must win for Gus Bus.
With a 1.30am start time, it better be worth it!

Go Jags!!

Quote:Something about this game gives me a bad feeling, but hopefully they can pull out a win. 
I have the same feeling. I think it's just the feeling you get as a long time Jag fan when the team starts to get a little acknowledgement from the rest of the league and is actually the favorite going into a game. I generally expect the team to embarrass itself but like I said, that's just from too many bad years of watching this team. 

I am excited for this game though I think it will be close but the Jags will get the job done!!!
Screw keeping it within 30, boys. Let's win this one.

Quote:I just have a feeling we'll win handily for the only time this year.

Of course we will get another chance later in Nashville.
I am excited for the Bold new uniforms to be seen on TV a lot in the endzone... go Allen Hurns!

Quote:With a 1.30am start time, it better be worth it!

Go Jags!!

Haha... you freaked me out a little until I saw the "UK" under your name.

Quote:Something about this game gives me a bad feeling, but hopefully they can pull out a win. 

It's because you want to beat the tacks so bad that you feel a little sick thinking about the possibility of Gus and the Jags losing the game.
Lots of gametime decisions in this game...

Bennett, Skuta, Walters and Yeldon...

I'm guessing Walters is out because of the recent concussion plus Greene's return, although I suspect Bennett and Skuta will play.

As for Yeldon I really don't know. I can see it going either way with him.

Quote:I just have a feeling we'll win handily for the only time this year.

lol, you must have forgotten that Gus is just too nice a guy to win any football games handily.

That's probably one of his biggest downfalls, he's just too nice of a guy.
Quote:It's because you want to beat the tacks so bad that you feel a little sick thinking about the possibility of Gus and the Jags losing the game.

They just have to win. Even if the Jaguars were eliminated at this point, it's the tacks. We just have to beat the tacks. I agree that the mere thought of possibly losing gives me a little pain in my gut. I hope all the players understand just how important this game is to us as fans. Many of them are newer and may not quite realize what this rivalry is about. This is war week. This is where their true character is tested. No excuses this week. It's beat the tacks or fire everyone!

Quote:They just have to win. Even if the Jaguars were eliminated at this point, it's the tacks. We just have to beat the tacks. I agree that the mere thought of possibly losing gives me a little pain in my gut. I hope all the players understand just how important this game is to us as fans. Many of them are newer and may not quite realize what this rivalry is about. This is war week. This is where their true character is tested. No excuses this week. It's beat the tacks or fire everyone!

Yep, it's the tacks, it's at night AND it's at home.

Just WIN the game.

NO EXCUSES, NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We'll be there making it LOUD for the lowly tacks.

Go JAGS!

Quote:They will stuff the run and BB probably won't have a lot of time to throw. Curious to see what Bradley's game plan is.

Does Bradley game plan? What's that.