Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are you confident in Denard Robinson as a starting RB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's to my understanding that Yeldon, Grant, and the other dude are hurt. Doesn't that leave only Slowby and D Rob? I might be wrong, I haven't kept up too much with our RBs this year besides Yeldon.

That being said, it seems like Denard just always has an issue with ball security. Seems like he always has baby oil all over his hands. However, his speed is great, and his vision is half decent.

Would you be nervous to see D Rob start at RB?

Yeldon is okay as stated today

but as for DRob....dude is horrible
If healthy, i'm fine with it.  He showed serious flashes last year, and can only assume health has kept him off the field for the most part this year.  I mean, our coaches always make competent decisions so that has to be it.

Quote:Yeldon is okay as stated today

He had a higher YPC last year than Yeldon does this year. Horrible is quite the stretch.
Blank #2
Wheres the HEEELLLLL NAHHHH option?

He was good last year as our starting RB.
Yes. He did alright for us last year. What people keep forgetting is that he's a very boom or bust runner. We haven't seen any booms from him but if he starts on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprise if he cracks the game open with a huge run after averaging 1-2YPC most of the game.

I'd be fine with him having to start if Yeldon couldn't go. Though he looks good to go for Thursday.
I think if Drob is going to get more involved now because of Yeldon's injury, it has to be with more lead blocking swing passes. I worry about his ability to find the gap (if there is one)..
If he's healthy, yeah, I'm comfortable with him based upon last year's numbers, put up behind a worse offensive line.

What happened to Kendall Hunter? He still coming over?

Quote:If he's healthy, yeah, I'm comfortable with him based upon last year's numbers, put up behind a worse offensive line.

What happened to Kendall Hunter? He still coming over?

He prolly signed, walked out of the office to his car, tripped over a curb and broke an ankle..
He was great before the injury this year
Quote:He prolly signed, walked out of the office to his car, tripped over a curb and broke an ankle..
#BecauseJaguars
Quote:Yeldon is okay as stated today

He's not horrible. He played good last season. He will be fine.
DRob is more of a scat back who can do a little damage if he can get outside, but it's hard to count on him as the feature runner.

Quote:DRob is more of a scat back who can do a little damage if he can get outside, but it's hard to count on him as the feature runner.

^This.. He's way more of a situational back than a workhorse starter..
If he's the only option, I guess they go with DRob.

If it were up to me, DRob would be returning kicks, but I'm not the head cheerleader.

Quote:DRob is more of a scat back who can do a little damage if he can get outside, but it's hard to count on him as the feature runner.

Exactly. And that's what his role is right now. However, he showed last year that if necessary, he can be a feature back for a short time. He's definitely capable of being a spot starter
I'd much rather see DRob out there than T.G. At least DRob can potentially break a long run. T. G. on the other hand hasn't demonstrated much beyond the ability to break his foot and break our hearts.

Pages: 1 2 3 4