Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Next two games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So Ryan Fitzpatrick is most likely going to be out against us with torn ligaments in his thumb and Geno Smith sustained a shoulder injury near the end of the game. So who knows who will start.

Also the next game against the Ravens, they'll be without their best offensive weapon in Steve Smith.

Maybe the stars are slowly starting to align for the Jags to make a playoff run.
Quote:So Ryan Fitzpatrick is most likely going to be out against us with torn ligaments in his thumb and Geno Smith sustained a shoulder injury near the end of the game. So who knows who will start.

Also the next game against the Ravens, they'll be without their best offensive weapon in Steve Smith.

Maybe the stars are slowly starting to align for the Jags to make a playoff run.
those two games are followed by games against the tacks and chargers and tacks and clots....

I dunno about stars aligning for a playoff run.... even if the Falcons and Saints pants us why not .500 for us...

why not?

Here we go with the whole "winnable games" thing again.

I sure hope this team has learned from the previous losses of "winnable games", but I don't know how "winnable" any game on our schedule is.  Not for this team.

Quote:Here we go with the whole "winnable games" thing again.

I sure hope this team has learned from the previous losses of "winnable games", but I don't know how "winnable" any game on our schedule is.  Not for this team.
Bucs Colts and Texans..... Winnable games.

I'd still be shocked if we beat the Jets especially with the way we play in 2nd halfs.
Quote:Here we go with the whole "winnable games" thing again.

they are all winnable.
This remaining schedule could not be easier.  It's the softest I've seen in quite some time.

Titans x2

Texans

Colts

Jets

Ravens 

Chargers

Saints

Falcons

Quote:So Ryan Fitzpatrick is most likely going to be out against us with torn ligaments in his thumb and Geno Smith sustained a shoulder injury near the end of the game. So who knows who will start.

I want a team that can beat other teams when they're at their best.  I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for wins when another team's stars are out.  The only result is that we screw up our draft position and people think we are better than we really are.

Give me a team that can compete with the Pats, Packers, Broncos, etc.  There's no value in seeing the Jags compete with bottom feeders (other than seeing we still have a ways to go).
Quote:I want a team that can beat other teams when they're at their best.  I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for wins when another team's stars are out.  The only result is that we screw up our draft position and people think we are better than we really are.

Give me a team that can compete with the Pats, Packers, Broncos, etc.  There's no value in seeing the Jags compete with bottom feeders (other than seeing we still have a ways to go).
well this team isn't ready for that...

so want in one hand.....
It's the NFL, so I'll take a win any way they can get it; but this team has proven that it has a hard time playing an entire game, regardless of the competition.  

I wouldn't be surprised of any possible outcome; 2-0, 1-1, 0-2; blowouts or tight games.  Anything can and probably will happen.

Quote:well this team isn't ready for that...

so want in one hand.....

Your snide response doesn't make the Jags any better.  Thanks for contributing valuable insight here.
Quote:Your snide response doesn't make the Jags any better.  Thanks for contributing valuable insight here.

You have to walk before you run. Not really sure what your point is, Jeremy.
Quote:Your snide response doesn't make the Jags any better.  Thanks for contributing valuable insight here.
Your incessant whining doesn't either. Yet you continue.

We all want a team that can compete with the Pats, Pack, Broncs, etc....

We've endured years of not just losing but being a laughing stock and downright pathetic.

We all want a Superbowl winning team.

For now... I'll take a team that gets a win any way it can against anyone it can.

You can keep wanting for more than you'll get

Or you can enjoy what you do have.
Quote:Your snide response doesn't make the Jags any better. Thanks for contributing valuable insight here.

Are you implying that there are responses on this message board that actually *do* make the Jags better?
Quote:You have to walk before you run. Not really sure what your point is, Jeremy.

It seems people are excited that there's a chance to beat some bad teams or teams missing key players.  Why?  Only to get stomped if we were to face a real team in the playoffs (or to show "improvement")?  What's the gain?  You prove you can beat bad teams and lowered your draft position (which doesn't help long term)?

I'd rather we faced average or above average teams so we can all see where we really stand.  If there's genuine progress then great.  If there's not then Khan can consider changes as needed.
Quote:Are you implying that there are responses on this message board that actually *do* make the Jags better?
You didn't know? Complaining about play calling. Calling for people to lose their jobs...

things like that... make the Jags better.
Quote:Your incessant whining doesn't either. Yet you continue.

We all want a team that can compete with the Pats, Pack, Broncs, etc....

We've endured years of not just losing but being a laughing stock and downright pathetic.

We all want a Superbowl winning team.

For now... I'll take a team that gets a win any way it can against anyone it can.

You can keep wanting for more than you'll get

Or you can enjoy what you do have.

Presenting facts and rational opinions is not whining, but hey, have at it.
Quote:It seems people are excited that there's a chance to beat some bad teams or teams missing key players.  Why?  Only to get stomped if we were to face a real team in the playoffs (or to show "improvement")?  What's the gain?  You prove you can beat bad teams and lowered your draft position (which doesn't help long term)?

I'd rather we faced average or above average teams so we can all see where we really stand.  If there's genuine progress then great.  If there's not then Khan can consider changes as needed.
Because people want wins.

If we lose to these bad teams the end result will be you whining.

If we win, it won't be good enough.

And you people wonder why your stupid posts are tagged trollerific.
Quote:Presenting facts and rational opinions is not whining, but hey, have at it.
Facts?

"Waah we are gonna beat a team without its starting QB"

Really dude?
Quote:Because people want wins.

If we lose to these bad teams the end result will be you whining.

If we win, it won't be good enough.

And you people wonder why your stupid posts are tagged trollerific.

Your insight is spot on, thanks for absolutely nothing of value.
Quote:I want a team that can beat other teams when they're at their best.  I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for wins when another team's stars are out.  The only result is that we screw up our draft position and people think we are better than we really are.

Where are these "facts"?

There is value in beating bottom feeders...

it means you're moving up away from being a bottom feeder...

but I guess it's Superbowl or we suck blow it all up eh?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5