Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I thought Bortles redeemed himself.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Let's face it, today wasn't one of his better games. But the game winning TD pass was clutch, and I think crucial to his development as a next-tier QB.  I hope this gives him some confidence going forward.

I was also quite impressed with Mr. Yeldon today. Buffalo's defense isn't a slouch.

He has a lot of work to do. But it's nice that he led the team on a game winning drive. We have some solid players that have a bright future. Unfortunately there's just way too many weaknesses on this team as well.
2 Pass TD, 182 Pass Yds, 1 Int

is not horrible, if he had more yards it would sure look a lot better. however I am glad he was able to get us the W.

Edit: gave space between my words and the stats.

He does have a lot of work to do, which is to be expected at this point. 
Yeah, he's showing some good mental toughness which is excellent to see. Don't think he would have done this last year.

He showed grit and didn't panic, crumble like Gabbert

Blake has cojones. He's a boss.
Dude, Bortles' floor is pretty stinking high right now. I thought the last 2 games of his were amongst the worst this season yet look at the numbers. They are quite amazing even how bad he played. Thats how you know this man is our QB of the future. 

Bills had #4 run defense. Should have ran Yeldon more though.
Need to get Bryan Walters more involved.  He could be an outlet for Bortles when Hurns and Robinson aren't open.

The INT should have been negated by illegal contact on Robinson. It's a shame the zebras let that one get away. It was pretty obvious and blatant there. He did good in this game. Buffalo is not a soft defense by any means and Rex Ryan might be a lot of things but he's certainly knowledgable and respected for his work on the defensive side of the football.
6 drops too.

The pick 6 was an horrible throw.

I don't think it should be understated how good Buffalo's defense is, which definitely played a hand in BBs bad outing.

Still, I don't get the sense we will ever have to worry about Blake's confidence. Dude is cold blooded and that's a good thing.
Quote:6 drops too.

The pick 6 was an horrible throw.

Seemed like a miscommunication not a horrible throw. It still happens too much though.
Quote:2 Pass TD, 182 Pass Yds, 1 Int

is not horrible, if he had more yards it would sure look a lot better. however I am glad he was able to get us the W.

Edit: gave space between my words and the stats.

No but 13-29 is.

Bortles snapped back into shape on that td drive which really impressed me. He got lucky with the pass interference call(which Walters sold really well) but really the playmaker on that drive was Hurns. Hurns never fails to be a play maker. He reminds me of MJD in that way, just oozes talent on the field.

Quote:Seemed like a miscommunication not a horrible throw. It still happens too much though.

It's something that I believe can be fixed.
I said it in the game day thread. He had another chance to lead the team and he finally did it. I'm happy for him!
His spike in frustration after the delay of game penalty was nice to see. Team needs some fire and attitude.
Quote:I said it in the game day thread. He had another chance to lead the team and he finally did it. I'm happy for him!

Well I will be damned.

Just kidding. I get rough on your posts sometimes but thanks for giving credit to him. He overcame some real bad coaching and the pick six
Hurns also redeemed himself after a few drive-killing drops in the 2nd half. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4