Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Multiple home games in London?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Omg, ridiculous
i couldn't imagine them taking 2 home games away from a team, if they played twice over there i'd imagine one would be an away game?
Quote:i couldn't imagine them taking 2 home games away from a team, if they played twice over there i'd imagine one would be an away game?

Who cares, its still ridiculous
It wouldn't be multiple home games and who cares if an away game goes to London.
Probably better they get this experiment over sooner rather than later.
It would be one home and one away game, not two home games. I believe multiple agreements, including the stadium lease and the Everbank deal, stipulate that seven regular season home games must be played in the stadium each year.

Just keep the jags there for 7 away games and fly the poor saps in weekly to play them. Could be home field advantage even as the away team.
I'm not a season ticket holder (never have been in the situation where I could afford it). If I were though, I'd be mighty angry at about the prospect of paying for home games only to have two of them taken else where. As a Pakistani, I could understand Khan wanting as many games in London as possible... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he really wanted to move the team to London.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...in-london/

Interesting....

How did you get "multiple home games in London" out of that?
I am good if it's one home one away. Will actually have a bit of an advantage in that second game having already been there for 10/11 days and more acclimated to time.

Quote:I'm not a season ticket holder (never have been in the situation where I could afford it). If I were though, I'd be mighty angry at about the prospect of paying for home games only to have two of them taken else where. As a Pakistani, I could understand Khan wanting as many games in London as possible... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he really wanted to move the team to London.

Not sure it would be 2 home games right now, but eventually, it will be. Maybe even 8.

Just another reason for free agents not to want to come here.
How will The Rodg convince teams without attendance problems to have home games in London? Will the name of the league be changed since it is no longer national?

If they take a 2nd home game from Jacksonville, they'll potentially lose a good portion of the fan base that's been supporting this team for 20+ years, and the youth movement that everyone loves to tout won't be back filling the tickets on the high end of the scale.  I think this report is more speculation than anything else.  Two games, one home and one away is what's being tossed out there as the most likely scenario.
Quote:How will The Rodg convince teams without attendance problems to have home games in London? Will the name of the league be changed since it is no longer national?
They're already playing multiple games each year in London, and teams are giving up a home game in the process, so it doesn't look like there will be much need to convince anyone of anything.  It's already happening.  If teams are getting a sweetheart deal from the league to host a game in London, very few are going to turn up their noses at the potential revenue.

Quote:Not sure it would be 2 home games right now, but eventually, it will be. Maybe even 8.

not sure that it's relevant that it's regarded as home games there or not. It would be two games not played here (J'ville or the USA). 
Quote:Not sure it would be 2 home games right now, but eventually, it will be. Maybe even 8.

I have no idea what you are talking about
Quote:i couldn't imagine them taking 2 home games away from a team, if they played twice over there i'd imagine one would be an away game?

I was thinking the same thing.
Quote:I have no idea what you are talking about

You don't think playing games in London doesn't weight on FA decisions to come here?
Quote:You don't think playing games in London doesn't weight on FA decisions to come here?

No, not really.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5