Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rank all starting Jaguars QBs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Here's how I think the ranking is right now. (List does not include backups starting in relief.)

1. Mark Brunell

2. Blake Bortles

3. David Garrard

4. Chad Henne

5. Byron Leftwich

6. Blaine Gabbert

Henne over Leftwich? Nah
Quote:Henne over Leftwich? Nah
Leftwich and Henne both have the same number of career touchdowns, Byron had injury issues, and Henne has been more of a mentor.
At this point it seems unfair to rank Bortles over Garrard given that DG has a playoff win under his belt. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll agree with your ranking. If Bortles comes close to his current projected stats, it will be hard to argue against.

Quote:At this point it seems unfair to rank Bortles over Garrard given that DG has a playoff win under his belt. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll agree with your ranking. If Bortles comes close to his current projected stats, it will be hard to argue against.

Bortles is mostly a guess at this point. I'd rate him #1 based on what I've seen so far, but that's just a very uncertain projection.

Bortles

Brunell

Garrard

Leftwich

Gray

Henne

Gabbert

Garrard had the best single season thus far in 2007, but other than that one year he was nothing special.

2015 108 CMP 189 ATT 57.1 CMP% 1,299 Yrds 6.87 Avg, 10 TD 4 INT, 1 FUM, 63.7QBR, 87.2 RAT

Blake Bortles

1995 (3rd year) 201 CMP, 346 ATT,  58.1CMP% 2,168 Yrds, 6.3 Avg, 15TD 7 INT, 5FUMB, 82.6 RAT   (had to fix my mistake)

Mark Brunell

-------------------------------

Of course Mark had a better supporting cast on Offense than that of what Blake has, and it is hard to compare because the game was harder for a QB in 1995 than it is ten years later for Blake. 

I do think that Blake has the potential to be far better than Mark was in his career.  He simply needs a better cast surrounding him.

Quote:Bortles is mostly a guess at this point. I'd rate him #1 based on what I've seen so far, but that's just a very uncertain projection.

Bortles

Brunell

Garrard

Leftwich

Gray

Henne

Gabbert

Garrard had the best single season thus far in 2007, but other than that one year he was nothing special.

We all got tired of watching Chad Henne but he is better than Gray, come on.. dont let he bias get into it.
Quote:2015 108 CMP 189 ATT 57.1 CMP% 1,299 Yrds 6.87 Avg, 10 TD 4 INT, 1 FUM, 63.7QBR, 87.2 RAT

Blake Bortles

1995 (3rd year) 346 ATT 201 COMP% 2,168 Yrds, 6.3 Avg, 15TD 7 INT, 5FUMB, 82.6 RAT

Mark Brunell

Of course Mark had a better supporting cast on Offense than that of what Blake has, and it is hard to compare because the game was harder for a QB in 1995 than it is ten years later for Blake. 

I do think that Blake has the potential to be far better than Mark was in his career.  He simply needs a better cast surrounding him.
Had no idea Brunell was a god
Quote:We all got tired of watching Chad Henne but he is better than Gray, come on.. dont let he bias get into it.

I'm not biased against Henne. I just had a higher opinion of Gray. His career QB rating was 91.4 compared to Henne's 75.5, and Gray was more mobile than Henne to boot. Gray basically ate his way out of the league after his contract with the Jags expired, but while he was a Jag he played very well.

Quote:Had no idea Brunell was a god

Whoops

201 COMP, 346 ATT, 58.1 CMP%
Quote:I'm not biased against Henne. I just had a higher opinion of Gray. His career QB rating was 91.4 compared to Henne's 75.5, and Gray was more mobile than Henne to boot. Gray basically ate his way out of the league after his contract with the Jags expired, but while he was a Jag he played very well.

That happens to a lot of players, I heard Justin Blackmon gained a bunch of weight too.
Quote:2015 108 CMP 189 ATT 57.1 CMP% 1,299 Yrds 6.87 Avg, 10 TD 4 INT, 1 FUM, 63.7QBR, 87.2 RAT

Blake Bortles

1995 (3rd year) 201 CMP, 346 ATT,  58.1CMP% 2,168 Yrds, 6.3 Avg, 15TD 7 INT, 5FUMB, 82.6 RAT   (had to fix my mistake)

Mark Brunell

Are you comparing Brunell's full third year to Bortles' 5 games in 2015?  Also 1995 was 20 years ago not 10.
Mang I need sleep... 20 years my bad.. yeah because Brunell didnt really play much the first two but I combined them into one rookie year if you will and showed his 3rd year vs Bortles so far this season..

Quote:Mang I need sleep... 20 years my bad.. yeah because Brunell didnt really play much the first two but I combined them into one rookie year if you will and showed his 3rd year vs Bortles so far this season..

Mang, you sure do.
Quote:Here's how I think the ranking is right now. (List does not include backups starting in relief.)

1. Mark Brunell

2. Blake Bortles

3. David Garrard

4. Chad Henne

5. Byron Leftwich

6. Blaine Gabbert
Exactly how are the QBs being rating? Yardage, TDs, Wins or Popularity? I'm rating on offensive success and DG beat out Brunell due to owning the franchise record for yardage. Hopefully BB5 will not only be the owner of the franchise record, hell surpass all records in given time...

1.) Garrard

2.) Brunell

3.) Leftwich

4.) Gabbert

5.) Bortles

6.) Gray inserted for Henne

Opinions-R-Us...

NH3...

Not to downgrade the great stats of the early year offense of QB Mark Brunell, WR Jimmy Smith but the team (at least I think) has always been a great RB offense with average to below passing...

until now...

I think the team's offense for the first time since it started is more of a passing (deep) team than a running one.

Quote:Exactly how are the QBs being rating? Yardage, TDs, Wins or Popularity? I'm rating on offensive success and DG beat out Brunell due to owning the franchise record for yardage. Hopefully BB5 will not only be the owner of the franchise record, hell surpass all records in given time...

1.) Garrard

2.) Brunell

3.) Leftwich

4.) Gabbert

5.) Bortles

Opinions-R-Us...

NH3...

Garrard passed for 16,003 yards as a Jaguar, with his best season being 3,620 yards.

Brunell passed for 25,698. His best season was 4,367.

Brunell has multiple playoff wins.

Brunell is #1 and it ain't even close.

1. Brunell

2. Garrard

3. Leftwich

4. Bortles

5. Matthews

6. Gabbert

7. Miller

8. Johnson

9. Fiedler

10. Quinn

11. Gray

12. Bouman
Quote:Exactly how are the QBs being rating? Yardage, TDs, Wins or Popularity? I'm rating on offensive success and DG beat out Brunell due to owning the franchise record for yardage. Hopefully BB5 will not only be the owner of the franchise record, hell surpass all records in given time...

1.) Garrard

2.) Brunell

3.) Leftwich

4.) Gabbert

5.) Bortles

Opinions-R-Us...

NH3...

Brunell won 7 straight games in 96, then only lost to one tesm in 99 and also won a division title, also made the Pro Bowl MVP.

Garrard made the Pro Bowl because 7 QBs said No Thanks.

Bro, you just lost all credibility with that non-sense.
Quote:Brunell has multiple playoff wins.

Brunell is #1 and it ain't even close.

1. Brunell

2. Garrard

3. Leftwich

4. Bortles

5. Matthews

6. Gabbert

7. Miller

8. Johnson

9. Fiedler

10. Quinn

11. Gray

12. Bouman

Put Rob Johnson higher than that.  We flipped him into Donovin Darius, who was much better than Matthews and Gabbert.  I'd rank Rob Johnson 5th just because we were able to trade him for a 1st rounder.

Pages: 1 2 3 4