Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's not all bad/the Jaguars have one of the best situations in the NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It's been a tough year so far my fellow Jaguar fans, but it's not all doom and gloom here in Jacksonville, the Jaguars have one of the best situations in the NFL. If David Caldwell decides to part ways with Gus, there should be no shortage of qualified candidates who would be interested in coaching this roster, here are some positives.

1. We finally have a QB that looks like a franchise transcendent type player, Blake might have the highest ceiling of any QB in the NFL, if he keeps progressing at this rate look out. 

2. Allen Robinson & Allen Hurns- Both of these guys are studs, and compliment each other well, if you would've told me before the season that Blake has a chance to throw for 4k and both Hurns and Robinson have a chance to hit 1k yards I would certainly take it.

3. Marqise Lee- if the guy can get and stay healthy he's an absolute game changer, his short area quickness and acceleration is a problem for Nickel corners, imagine a healthy Lee on the field with A-Rob, Hurns, and Julius Thomas, that's a lot of fire power

4, We have the most cap space in the NFL- next years free agency class looks solid, look for the Jaguars to make a move for an impact edge rusher like Bruce Irvin while also shoring up other holes on the roster

5. We'll likely have the addition of two top 5 draft picks- Dante Fowler was a wrecking machine at Florida and many experts projected him to be a better pro, he's been compared to Justin Houston. The addition of Fowler and another high draft pick (Joey Bosa/Robert Nkemdiche etc..), along with a healthy Sen'Derrick Marks and free agency additions will add some serious teeth to this defense. Just imagine the type of pressure the Jags can generate on opposing QB's with these additions. 

This is what keeps my optimism high, I don't think Gus is the right man for the job, but considering the upside of this roster it should be easy for Dave to find a stud of a head coach.

Quote:It's been a tough year so far my fellow Jaguar fans, but it's not all doom and gloom here in Jacksonville, the Jaguars have one of the best situations in the NFL. If David Caldwell decides to part ways with Gus, there should be no shortage of qualified candidates who would be interested in coaching this roster, here are some positives.

1. We finally have a QB that looks like a franchise transcendent type player, Blake might have the highest ceiling of any QB in the NFL, if he keeps progressing at this rate look out. 

2. Allen Robinson & Allen Hurns- Both of these guys are studs, and compliment each other well, if you would've told me before the season that Blake has a chance to throw for 4k and both Hurns and Robinson have a chance to hit 1k yards I would certainly take it.

3. Marqise Lee- if the guy can get and stay healthy he's an absolute game changer, his short area quickness and acceleration is a problem for Nickel corners, imagine a healthy Lee on the field with A-Rob, Hurns, and Julius Thomas, that's a lot of fire power

4, We have the most cap space in the NFL- next years free agency class looks solid, look for the Jaguars to make a move for an impact edge rusher like Bruce Irvin while also shoring up other holes on the roster

5. We'll likely have the addition of two top 5 draft picks- Dante Fowler was a wrecking machine at Florida and many experts projected him to be a better pro, he's been compared to Justin Houston. The addition of Fowler and another high draft pick (Joey Bosa/Robert Nkemdiche etc..), along with a healthy Sen'Derrick Marks and free agency additions will add some serious teeth to this defense. Just imagine the type of pressure the Jags can generate on opposing QB's with these additions. 

This is what keeps my optimism high, I don't think Gus is the right man for the job, but considering the upside of this roster it should be easy for Dave to find a stud of a head coach.

I, uh, dunno about all that. I definately think he has the potential for a perennial top-ten, maybe even top-five, but Bortles will never be a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.

Quote:I, uh, dunno about all that. I definately think he has the potential for a perennial top-ten, maybe even top-five, but Bortles will never be a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.

No one will likely be, we don't need him to be those guys, but he certainly has the looks of a future elite Qb.
Quote:I, uh, dunno about all that. I definately think he has the potential for a perennial top-ten, maybe even top-five, but Bortles will never be a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.
We can dream, right? Lol! Roethlisberger, Rivers, Ryan, would be a nice ceiling though.
Why do people keep acting Roethlisberger has not been the best QB in the NFL for at least the past 2 years??

Quote:Why do people keep acting Roethlisberger has not been the best QB in the NFL for at least the past 2 years??

because rodgers and brady are gods
Quote:Why do people keep acting Roethlisberger has not been the best QB in the NFL for at least the past 2 years??
Because he hasn't been.

Pretty high up there as far as being a passer goes, though.
Postives to reflect upon;

1. The season isn't even half way the Jaguars still have 11 more games to lose
    i mean win

2. The Jaguars Defense & Offense is ranked 19th overall in the NFL (yards).
  3. Allen Hurns is ranked 8th & Robinson 13th in the NFL (yards) with a possible 1000 yards in sight this season.
  4. 2nd year LB Telvin Smith is ranked 2nd overall in the NFL in tackles.
  5. QB Blake Bortles is ranked 8th overall in the NFL and currently has an 87 rating (higher than last year) with much lower INT/TD Ratio
  6. TJ Yeldon is ranked 3rd overall among the rookie RBs in the NFL (yards).
  7. Ryan Davis has 2.5 sacks and continues to improve this season.
  8. CB Aaron Colvin has 2 sacks as a good pass rush CB.
  9. Blake Bortles had his 2nd 300 + yard game, 125 Rating, 4 TD game on the road.
  10. Every player gets ice cream & sprinkles after every game.
I hope the Jaguars are like the Chiefs from a few years back. They were terrible but had like 5 Pro Bowlers on the roster and then they get Andy Reid in to coach and bam they are a perennial playoff team.

The Jags have a handful of Pro Bowl-level guys (Marks, Linder, Thomas, and potentially Bortles and the Allens). Hopefully a high level coach comes available this offseason and Khan opens up the wallet.

Roethlisberger is great. At no point in the last two years has he been the best QB in the NFL. Maybe if you want to just exclude Brady and Rodgers, as they are in their own stratosphere.
Quote:I hope the Jaguars are like the Chiefs from a few years back. They were terrible but had like 5 Pro Bowlers on the roster and then they get Andy Reid in to coach and bam they are a perennial playoff team.

The Jags have a handful of Pro Bowl-level guys (Marks, Linder, Thomas, and potentially Bortles and the Allens). Hopefully a high level coach comes available this offseason and Khan opens up the wallet.

I honestly could see this happening. We have a lot of talent. This team could make a huge turnaround with the right coaching.
Quote: 

Postives to reflect upon;

1. The season isn't even half way the Jaguars still have 11 more games to lose
    i mean win

2. The Jaguars Defense & Offense is ranked 19th overall in the NFL (yards).
  3. Allen Hurns is ranked 8th & Robinson 13th in the NFL (yards) with a possible 1000 yards in sight this season.
  4. 2nd year LB Telvin Smith is ranked 2nd overall in the NFL in tackles.
  5. QB Blake Bortles is ranked 8th overall in the NFL and currently has an 87 rating (higher than last year) with much lower INT/TD Ratio
  6. TJ Yeldon is ranked 3rd overall among the rookie RBs in the NFL (yards).
  7. Ryan Davis has 2.5 sacks and continues to improve this season.
  8. CB Aaron Colvin has 2 sacks as a good pass rush CB.
  9. Blake Bortles had his 2nd 300 + yard game, 125 Rating, 4 TD game on the road.
  10. Every player gets ice cream & sprinkles after every game.

GIVE DAVIS MORE PLAYING TIME. BRANCH IS GARBAGE
Quote:GIVE DAVIS MORE PLAYING TIME. BRANCH IS GARBAGE
He def needs more. I don't get it
It's a little hard to tell if you had the 'sarcasm font' engaged when you wrote this.

1. we have a quarterback who may prove to be the franchise quarterback.

2. hurns and robinson do (at times) play well. then again, at time they really don't.

3.marqise lee... needs to be put on injured reserve and forgotten about. an average receiver is better than a stud who is injured all the time.

4.the most cap space... hurray. we win the 'thrifty scotty' award.

5. we will very likely have one top 5 pick. We don't know what Fowler will be like now following his injury.

your post is truly full of optimism; how much of it is actually warranted is in doubt though.

1. Gus will be gone soon.

2. Caldwell better be gone soon.

3. we have one win.

4. we don't play the Lions

5. the players get to eat fish and chips again this year

6. Gus will be gone soon
Quote:1. Gus will be gone soon.

2. Caldwell better be gone soon.

3. we have one win.

4. we don't play the Lions

5. the players get to eat fish and chips again this year

6. Gus will be gone soon

Caldwell isn't going anywhere
Quote:Caldwell isn't going anywhere

I don't understand the Caldwell hate.
Quote:I don't understand the Caldwell hate.

It's just the blame everybody, everything is terrible, nothing is good mindset.
Quote:It's a little hard to tell if you had the 'sarcasm font' engaged when you wrote this.

1. we have a quarterback who may prove to be the franchise quarterback.

2. hurns and robinson do (at times) play well. then again, at time they really don't.

3.marqise lee... needs to be put on injured reserve and forgotten about. an average receiver is better than a stud who is injured all the time.

4.the most cap space... hurray. we win the 'thrifty scotty' award.

5. we will very likely have one top 5 pick. We don't know what Fowler will be like now following his injury.

your post is truly full of optimism; how much of it is actually warranted is in doubt though.
Boo hoo
Quote:I hope the Jaguars are like the Chiefs from a few years back. They were terrible but had like 5 Pro Bowlers on the roster and then they get Andy Reid in to coach and bam they are a perennial playoff team.

bad example, as two years later the Chiefs look almost awful (still no offensive weapons outside of Charles, Maclin hit or miss with a QB like Smith), save for a few key defenders.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7