Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Sample
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The forgotten man.

With all this Jamal Adams talk in the draft did we forget about Sample? He did show some flashes and his only knock so far has been health but he's been on the bad end of some pretty fluky injuries.
You're bad if you can't stay healthy. Hopefully he gets to play this year. If not, Ramsey wearing 23 would look great.
I don't think it's a good idea to rely on a injured safety to be the starting safety if Cyprien walks.

To this point, I had forgotten he was even on the roster.

lol, every offseason, training camp, his name is brought up likes he's a diamond in the rough on the verge of being a pro bowler.
A player's best ability is availability.

we haven't even seen a good sample size of him yet.  Until then my only opinion is that he needs to get on the field.

See above no sample of Sample yet.
He needs to be cut so Ramsey can have #23

Haha yea let's pass on Jamal Adams because we have James Sample on the roster.
I like sample a lot but obviously the shoulder issue is a red flag
Aside from being injured, Sample hasn't shown anything yet.

Draft Adams.

Has he shown flashes?

I feel like he hasn't done much of anything, positive or negative.
Sample size is too small to know if he's good or bad
Quote:I don't think it's a good idea to rely on a injured safety to be the starting safety if Cyprien walks.

If James Sample is not healthy already, he will be by September.
Quote:To this point, I had forgotten he was even on the roster.

He was not on the roster. He spent the 2016 season on injured reserve.

Quote:He needs to be cut so Ramsey can have #23

Once a player gets his number he is unlikely to change it unless he changes positions or teams. Case in point: Cam Newton, who wanted #2, kept #1 after the Panthers cut Jimmy Clausen. It becomes his identity.
Same stupid topic every offseason 

He's non existent in my book until he can actually play. He's actually more hurt than Zach Miller.
Who?
Quote:Haha yea let's pass on Jamal Adams because we have James Sample on the roster.

Yeah. Good call. Let's totally draft a SS 4th overall. Great value imo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4