Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Greg Olson's Playcalling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How would you grade it so far?

Quote:How would you grade it so far?

It's been good. Of course things always seem good when they're working. Just need to stop the drops and the phantom holds that the refs been calling.
We should ask Sam.. He's the most important guy in the room at all times. He should know..
I cannot call every play so yes its good
Great mix, attacks their weaknesses, and used good personnel combos.
He's doing pretty solid. I think we'll open up with more creative plays for the regular season. We're playing on a script right now and base plays.

I like it alot. He doesn't have the players on the outside to really attack. He's doing the best he can with what he has
Better than watching Jedd fisch gimmick college offense.
Its been working so I like it. Lots of different formations and motion. Seems to fit Bortles pretty well. If the OL can continue making progress he'll look genius.

It's not mind blowing, but it's a definite upgrade over dead fisch.
Massive upgrade in running game imo

Last year we hardly ever ran power O
A-

Methodical yet efficient. Night and day compared to last year.
Reminds me of 2007 with much less juice at RB.
Use Gerhart the way you should use him. Screens and short yardage situation.I like it much better than Fish
I like the quick hitter plays to Gerhart. No pitching and stretching sideways trying to get the edge with him. Run him behind Alualu and get tough yards. I'd like to see what Yeldon can do since we can halfway block people now.

Quote:How would you grade it so far?
Its preseason no game planning, no way to rate it, they are trying to see what works and what doesnt 
Quote:Methodical yet efficient. Night and day compared to last year.

Yep, the best thing I can say about Olson's offense is that it really fits with our personnel.
Quote:Yep, the best thing I can say about Olson's offense is that it really fits with our personnel.

Caldwell deserves credit here for finding talent that fits Olson's scheme.

Running game is making significant improvements and we don't even have our starter in yet.  Having said that, I expect Yeldon, DRob and even the great white hype to produce this year.  Add that to a passing game that seems to be much more in sync and confident, we should see big improvement on offense.  

Pages: 1 2 3