Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: Four U.S. Marines, Police Officer Shot In Chattanooga, Tennessee Attacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

BREAKING: Four U.S. Marines, Police Officer Shot In Chattanooga, Tennessee Attacks

Four U.S. Marines and a law enforcement officer have been shot in attacks on two military recruiting centers in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Details are still very preliminary, but this is what we have so far:

http://bearingarms.com/breaking-four-u-s...ampaign=nl

A U.S. Attorney has been quoted saying the incident is being treated as a domestic terrorism incident, but another just backed away from any particular characterization.

This occurred about 50 miles from me. The location where the attack started is military recruiting office in a strip mall very near a community college, and there were multiple witnesses saying at least one man just drove up in a convertible and opened fire with an automatic rifle. Apparently the gunmen moved to another location and continued the attack, where he killed the Marines.

Horrific.

Four Marines killed.   Sad

This was first mentioned on the sideline, but I didn't want to derail that thread.  According to the local CBS affiliate in Atlanta, the shooter has been identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.  DISCLAIMER:  Now I don't know if the accuracy is correct on this since it seems to be the only news source identifying him and putting a name out.  A google search of that name only turns up blog posts and "alternative" news sites.  I did find this source, but can't verify the accuracy.

With that being said, I'm curious to see what President Obama has to say about it, and I'm also wondering if he is going to refer to it as "workplace violence" or some other nonsense.  Perhaps this time he might actually refer to it by what it is.  Islamic extremist terrorism.

Yes I know that I'm stereotyping, but assuming that the affiliate in Atlanta is accurate, then chances are pretty high that this guy fits exactly what I labeled it.  I'm also curious if he's from outside of the country, and if so, is he here legally?

EDIT:  Just alerted the mods.  I meant to post this under the political forum.

Maybe this belongs in Political?

They're still calling it an act of domestic terrorism perpetrated by a "lone wolf" attacker.

By the time the administration gets their hands on this story, it will be downgraded from an act of domestic terrorism, and it will become another workplace violence incident similar to Fort Hood.

White right-winged, gun loving, Confederate flag waiving, Christian, Irish shooter?

Quote:They're still calling it an act of domestic terrorism perpetrated by a "lone wolf" attacker.

By the time the administration gets their hands on this story, it will be downgraded from an act of domestic terrorism, and it will become another workplace violence incident similar to Fort Hood.

White right-winged, gun loving, Confederate flag waiving, Christian, Irish shooter?
The shooter was a Muslim.
Quote:The shooter was a Muslim.
Sarcasm woosh.

Quote:Sarcasm woosh.
But the administration will say that he did it for non-religious/political reasons unrelated to Islam or extremism.

Quote:This was first mentioned on the sideline, but I didn't want to derail that thread.  According to the local CBS affiliate in Atlanta, the shooter has been identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.  DISCLAIMER:  Now I don't know if the accuracy is correct on this since it seems to be the only news source identifying him and putting a name out.  A google search of that name only turns up blog posts and "alternative" news sites.  I did find this source, but can't verify the accuracy.

With that being said, I'm curious to see what President Obama has to say about it, and I'm also wondering if he is going to refer to it as "workplace violence" or some other nonsense.  Perhaps this time he might actually refer to it by what it is.  Islamic extremist terrorism.

Yes I know that I'm stereotyping, but assuming that the affiliate in Atlanta is accurate, then chances are pretty high that this guy fits exactly what I labeled it.  I'm also curious if he's from outside of the country, and if so, is he here legally?

EDIT:  Just alerted the mods.  I meant to post this under the political forum.
Not to worry.  They're already trying to walk back the domestic terrorism comment made by the US Attorney.  I'm sure that came after the president was briefed.
Quote:But the administration will say that he did it for non-religious/political reasons unrelated to Islam or extremism.

Learn this phrase: random act of workplace violence

The administration loves that one.
Disgusting and just a tragedy on all levels.
It's a disgusting act of cowardice and terrorism.  That's not how it will be portrayed by the time the machine is done with this.

I just watched a live video feed on CBS, and they are in fact naming the gunman.  FOX and all of the other networks are picking up the story and confirming the name of the gunman.  The feed on CBS showed a distraught young man that stated that he walked through the very doors of that recruiting office to sign up and serve his country, and this is how it's treated.

I swear Obama better not start trying to politicize this and call for more gun control.

Quote:It's a disgusting act of cowardice and terrorism. That's not how it will be portrayed by the time the machine is done with this.

Well what else was it???

Are you implying Islam is out to get us?
Quote:I just watched a live video feed on CBS, and they are in fact naming the gunman.  FOX and all of the other networks are picking up the story and confirming the name of the gunman.  The feed on CBS showed a distraught young man that stated that he walked through the very doors of that recruiting office to sign up and serve his country, and this is how it's treated.

I swear Obama better not start trying to politicize this and call for more gun control.

You can almost start the gun control countdown now.  Before the sun sets on this incident, someone will be in front of a camera somewhere calling for more gun laws. 

Quote:Well what else was it???

Is this really that difficult for you to understand? 

No, I'm implying that radical Islamists are out to get the United States in any way they possibly can.  Are you denying this like your president?

The shooting at Fort Hood was an act of domestic terrorism.  How was that spun by the media and the administration you admire? 

Quote:I just watched a live video feed on CBS, and they are in fact naming the gunman.  FOX and all of the other networks are picking up the story and confirming the name of the gunman.  The feed on CBS showed a distraught young man that stated that he walked through the very doors of that recruiting office to sign up and serve his country, and this is how it's treated.

I hope nobody would politicize this event, but we all know it will happen.
As sad as this is, and it is sad, a few equally sad things will come of it:

1. No matter what the White House says about it, the right will insist that this administration is too pro-Islam and is glossing over the facts. They will also race to the podium to insist that no gun control legislation could have prevented this. There will also be a renewed cry that radical Islam is the great enemy of freedom.

2. The left will latch onto this immediately as an excuse to try and push more gun control measures forward. The same people who tried to judge all Confederate apologists based on the actions of one will quickly surface arguing that we shouldn't base all Muslims on the actions of one.

There will be lip service paid to the victims. The President will drop by a funeral or two, some other Presidential candidates might show up as well, but that'll all be more for political purposes than anything else. The sad reality is that both sides--both freaking sides, not just the "libs" or the "right-wingers"--will have thoroughly politicized this in time for tomorrow's evening news, and that's assuming they don't do so in time for tonight's evening news. Ultimately, as happened in Charleston, the four Marines who died will become a footnote to another political whizzing match within days. Welcome to America, where we'd rather sit around and watch talking heads argue about crap than actually do anything about it.

I don't see how this could be categorized as anything but domestic terrorism, but I've been disappointed before.

Quote:Well what else was it???

I'm not going to imply anything.  I'll be as specific as I possibly can.  Those that practice the religion of Islam are not "out to get us" by any means.  It's those that practice radical Islamist Extremism that are out to get us.  They are Islamic Terrorists plain and simple, no sugar coating it.  Are you going to deny that?
Funny how other countries (including China) is cracking down and deporting Muslims while we, on the other hand, seem to be bringing them here by the boat load.

Y'all know how I feel about them so........

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8