Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Packers home game in 2016 likely to be moved to London
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
From Ryan O

Quote:■ When the Jaguars are in London for their Week 7 game against Buffalo, I expect ownerShad Khan to make two announcements: A second four-year agreement with the NFL to play one “home” game per year in the U.K. (the current deal ends in 2016) and next year’s game will be against the Green Bay Packers.

Bummer. Three out of four years that the best home game of the year is heading overseas.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ris-polian

Absolute crap and garbage.

Anyone else sick of paying full price for crappy preseason games and then having the best home game of the year MOVED?
This sucks. My wife is a huge Packers fan and we have been talking smack and planning on driving to this game for years.
You do realize this was just O'Halloran's "thoughts"?

Geez people, get a grip.
Quote:You do realize this was just O'Halloran's "thoughts"?

Geez people, get a grip.

And he is likely to be correct. In 2013 (San Francisco) and 2014 (Dallas), the team moved their top home game to London. This year is a bit of an anomaly because of a weak home schedule. I ams sure in 2017, we can probably kiss the Baltimore or Seattle game good bye.
Quote:And he is likely to be correct. In 2013 (San Francisco) and 2014 (Dallas), the team moved their top home game to London. This year is a bit of an anomaly because of a weak home schedule. I ams sure in 2017, we can probably kiss the Baltimore or Seattle game good bye.
Likely like our best home game this year being in London?
When has Dallas ever been our best home game  especially when the steelers are on the schedule.

On top of that, Dallas was an 8-8 team when they were scheduled. Hardly some conspiracy to take away our "best" home game.

I think some people are just looking for something to whine about.

Quote:When has Dallas ever been our best home game  especially when the steelers are on the schedule.

On top of that, Dallas was an 8-8 team when they were scheduled. Hardly some conspiracy to take away our "best" home game.

Nobody said it was a conspiracy. But clearly the Jaguars have no problem moving their highest profile opponent to London.
Quote:Nobody said it was a conspiracy. But clearly the Jaguars have no problem moving their highest profile opponent to London.
Considering the only truly "high profile" game was the defending NFC champs the very first year, I think the problem actually exists in your imagination.

You've even got yourself so worked up over this nonsense that you have moved our "high profile" away game in Seattle in 2017 to London.

LOL, I'm sorry. You're right. Let's just all sit back and not have an opinion on anything.
Quote:LOL, I'm sorry. You're right. Let's just all sit back and not have an opinion on anything.
This thread isn't an opinion. It's deceit.

It's taking nothing more than mere speculation from a sports writer and misrepresenting as an actual fact and then whining over it.
Quote:When has Dallas ever been our best home game especially when the steelers are on the schedule.

The cowboys are a top opponent for any schedule no matter what their record. To think otherwise is delusional.
If you look at the situation from a business stand point and in a rational way, then the trend would be most likely be to start moving the lower profile games to London, now that the market has gotten the taste for the product and will most likely sell out regardless of the opponent, and keeping the higher profile games in Jacksonville where the tickets are harder to sell.

Interesting how that exact sequence has happened so far over a three year span. From NFC champ to 8-8 Dallas (but America's team) to the lowly bills.

But no, we must speculate on an illogical sequence of events and a reverse in the current trend in order to maintain a proper level of outrage.

Quote:The cowboys are a top opponent for any schedule no matter what their record. To think otherwise is delusional.
They don't hold a candle to the steelers here in Jacksonville which for most jags fans was the top non divisional home game last year.

To think otherwise would mean you are clueless to the history of the two franchises and completely cluless to the type of turnout that game brings here in town.

Quote:They don't hold a candle to the steelers here in Jacksonville.

How do you know?
Quote:How do you know?
LOL! You are joking right?
Quote:From Ryan O

Bummer. Three out of four years that the best home game of the year is heading overseas.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ris-polian

If you consider the "best home game" as the game where the Jaguars get whooped the most. In this case, the Jaguars won't even be the home team. Polls have shown that the Packers are actually London's favorite team. There will likely be way more Packers fans than Jaguars fans at this game.

Quote:If you consider the "best home game" as the game where the Jaguars get whooped the most. In this case, the Jaguars won't even be the home team. Polls have shown that the Packers are actually London's favorite team. There will likely be way more Packers fans than Jaguars fans at this game.
If you are trying to make your team London's team, bringing the packers game over would be about as counter productive as it gets.
Quote:If you are trying to make your team London's team, bringing the packers game over would be about as counter productive as it gets.

So you're predicting the packers won't be playing us in London?
Quote:Absolute crap and garbage.

Anyone else sick of paying full price for crappy preseason games and then having the best home game of the year MOVED?

Good for the team, good for the city. You don't gotta buy tickets if you don't want to brotha.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6