Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: Court rules against Redskins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BREAKING: Court rules against Redskins

As first reported by the Washington Post, the Washington Redskins lost a major battle on Wednesday.

U.S. District Court Judge Gerald Bruce Lee upheld the ruling of the Federal Trademark Trail and Appeal Board, which deemed the team’s name offensive to Native Americans making it ineligible under the Lanham Act for status in the federal trademark registry.

http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-C...s-38106585

Just change it to Washington Indians, Washington Warriors, or something similar. Then they can keep the logo or do whatever. It's not going to get any quieter with today's sensitive and social media driven society. It's a name, they should just change it and get it over with. Dan Snyder is a snooty snob though so this should get interesting.
Washington Hogs imo. Keep the color scheme, just change the name and the logo. I can't think of a more perfect solution.

^^^ That's actually a brilliant idea! The Hogs from the 80's are iconic.

Rideskins

Skins

Pigskins

Idontcareskins
Quote:Rideskins

Skins

Pigskins

Idontcareskins

Whiteskins

Blackskins

Wow...

What's happening to our country? 

Quote:Wow...

What's happening to our country? 
We're realizing that we shouldn't be using racial slurs as the names of our sports teams?
Quote:We're realizing that we shouldn't be using racial slurs as the names of our sports teams?

When did this happen and why was it "OK" for so many years earlier, and then all of a sudden, someone decides they are offended by a team name, and then there is a controversy about said name?
Quote:When did this happen and why was it "OK" for so many years earlier, and then all of a sudden, someone decides they are offended by a team name, and then there is a controversy about said name?
It's not like the entire Native American population just woke up one morning and decided that "redskin" was a racial slur. This is something that's been stewing for a long time now.
Victory.. Time to turn their attention to the redskin potato now.
It's just more proof that we as a country are becoming huge cowards. Afraid of our shadows, afraid of everything.

Founding fathers are spinning in their graves right now screaming "why aren't the people starting a revolution."

Sorry George, we are too scared. 

Bruce Allen says team is “convinced” it will win trademark figh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...mark-fight

Considering the track record of the current Supreme Court,  I don't have the confidence that Bruce Allen has if this case is decided by the current Supreme Court or anything close to it.

I'm thinking about getting a lawsuit together. I noticed that the Mars Candy Company is full of discrimination. They have yellow, brown and red M&M's but no white ones..

It's sickening..
Since when did the Judicial branch become the end all be all part of the government anyway?

Also... why are we all okay with the Supreme Court taking away the rights of states to govern themselves? There was a war that happened in this country because of the government taking away individual states' rights.....

Just change it to Redtails.

May as well change it now that they're irrelevant
I say they keep the Redskins name and just change their logo to a potato.
Quote:I'm thinking about getting a lawsuit together. I noticed that the Mars Candy Company is full of discrimination. They have yellow, brown and red M&M's but no white ones..

It's sickening..

Not funny, and not relevant at all.
Quote:Since when did the Judicial branch become the end all be all part of the government anyway?

Also... why are we all okay with the Supreme Court taking away the rights of states to govern themselves? There was a war that happened in this country because of the government taking away individual states' rights.....

And based on your indignation the states rights side won right? Otherwise it would be silly to complain about a fight you've already lost.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6