Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Blake Bortles too Toxic to remain on the roster next season?

(11-06-2017, 01:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:44 PM)iapetus Wrote: Okay, back up. RealJagsFan, you are wrong. Smile

Of the 18 QBs picked in the top ten between 2006 and 2016, Bortles still falls roughly in the middle - 10th. That ranking:

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Matt Stafford
Andrew Luck
Ryan Tannehill
Sam Bradford
Robert Griffin
Mark Sanchez
Vince Young
Blake Bortles
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Matt Leinart
Carson Wentz
JaMarcus Russell
Jared Goff

Personally I think some of the ones at the bottom end of the list deserve more of a chance, and some of the ones at the top deserve to be bumped a bit - Bortles would still end up in the middle somewhere.
These rankings are terrible. Blake is better than Young and Sanchez but not better than Goff or Wentz.

Laughing

"Line up alphabetically by height!"

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2017, 01:55 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I wouldn't put Blake ahead of any of those except Locker, Gabbert, Leinert and Russell so I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I'm only being realistic based on the play we've seen. It was only last year the Blake was Mr. Pick six so I'm just a bit shocked that a few good games erases all of that. The few good games this year have been the best in his career thus far, so I just don't get it. Btw Spacecoast are you Blake?

Actually I didn't notice you have RGIII, Ryan Tannehill, Sanchez and Young above him, which I wouldn't.

Like I said, I'd bump a few up from below Blake, and a few down from above him. You've done the same (I have him a spot or two higher, I think) but your changes put him right back where he was; 10th of 18. And some of the ones we'd both put above him are special cases - Luck, for example, might never play at a high standard again.

(11-06-2017, 02:04 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:51 PM)Kane Wrote: Uhh... if he isn't great, then they can find someone better.

How does this make sense? You're like all these people on message boards and throw around names. Cousins or Brees are not coming to Jacksonville. Bortles is the franchise.
I see you conveniently left out the 95 yards against Pitt.....

(11-06-2017, 02:31 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:55 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I wouldn't put Blake ahead of any of those except Locker, Gabbert, Leinert and Russell so I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I'm only being realistic based on the play we've seen. It was only last year the Blake was Mr. Pick six so I'm just a bit shocked that a few good games erases all of that. The few good games this year have been the best in his career thus far, so I just don't get it. Btw Spacecoast are you Blake?

Actually I didn't notice you have RGIII, Ryan Tannehill, Sanchez and Young above him, which I wouldn't.

Like I said, I'd bump a few up from below Blake, and a few down from above him. You've done the same (I have him a spot or two higher, I think) but your changes put him right back where he was; 10th of 18. And some of the ones we'd both put above him are special cases - Luck, for example, might never play at a high standard again.

You are correct. My order is below. Like I said earlier in the thread. I have nothing against Blake and admit that he has played well for several games this year. I just don't see how some dun him a franchise QB after a few good games compared to a history of bad play. If he continues down this path then at seasons end, it will be a tough on for the head brass. That's why they get paid the big bucks though.

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Matt Stafford
Andrew Luck

Carson Wentz
Jared Goff
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

Blake Bortles
Ryan Tannehill
Robert Griffin

Sam Bradford
Vince Young
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker
Matt Leinart
JaMarcus Russell

Blaine Gabbert

I will never understand the luck thing. He is basically done. And will never be like manning period.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-06-2017, 03:09 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: You are correct. My order is below. Like I said earlier in the thread. I have nothing against Blake and admit that he has played well for several games this year. I just don't see how some dun him a franchise QB after a few good games compared to a history of bad play.

I don't think they do. They just object to the way he's treated by others as one of the worst QBs out there when he's playing at a reasonable to good level. This being a case in point; the assumption that he'd be at the tail end of a list of the QBs drafted in the top ten in the last decade rather than in the middle. And I'm sure you'd agree that there's not that much separating him from at least a couple of the players you've placed above him, and that someone with a more positive outlook on him (or a less positive one on, say, Winston) could reasonably bump him up that list a couple of spots.

(11-06-2017, 05:16 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I will never understand the luck thing.  He is basically done. And will never be like manning period.
Colts were 11-5 consistently with pretty much the exact roster they have now. He carried that team pretty much all by himself for years before his OLine got him killed. Colts are a 5 win team without him and an 11 win team with him.

(11-06-2017, 07:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 05:16 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I will never understand the luck thing.  He is basically done. And will never be like manning period.
Colts were 11-5 consistently with pretty much the exact roster they have now. He carried that team pretty much all by himself for years before his OLine got him killed. Colts are a 5 win team without him and an 11 win team with him.

I guess you know nothing about the Colts roster during the Andrew Luck era because he had a lot more to work with personnel-wise that you giving him credit for as a QB. Oh by the way, Reggie Wayne, Ty Hilton, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Vontae Davis, and Mike Adam says hi
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-06-2017, 07:57 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 07:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Colts were 11-5 consistently with pretty much the exact roster they have now. He carried that team pretty much all by himself for years before his OLine got him killed. Colts are a 5 win team without him and an 11 win team with him.

I guess you know nothing about the Colts roster during the Andrew Luck era because he had a lot more to work with personnel-wise that you giving him credit for as a QB. Oh by the way, Reggie Wayne, Ty Hilton, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Vontae Davis, and Mike Adam says hi
Lol

Mike Adams? Really?

Freeney, Mathis and Wayne were all at the end of their career. TY and Vontae are still there and how well are they doing? 

Good try though man. Good effort.

I would take Bortles over Winston and Mariota. Also, Cam Newton is terribly overrated. Long term, Bortles is gonna be great.

(11-06-2017, 09:36 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: I would take Bortles over Winston and Mariota. Also, Cam Newton is terribly overrated. Long term, Bortles is gonna be great.

The only team that has a worse QB situation than Tampa is the Browns.  Other than the Browns QBs, Winston is the worst QB in the league

(11-06-2017, 09:36 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: I would take Bortles over Winston and Mariota. Also, Cam Newton is terribly overrated. Long term, Bortles is gonna be great.
Shocked by this statement. Shocked I tell ya!