Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles - Progress & Inconsistency - Merged Threads

If Bortles was playing as great as spacecoast says this team would be at least 7-1 right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2017, 10:26 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Players who would not throw a bad ball on 50 throws...

Brady and...

He threw more than “a” bad ball. It’s been more than 20 years since a QB threw 2 picks in the final 2 minutes and still won the game. Bailed out big time twice when it mattered most. The defense won that game.

Well obviously.

However there is more to it than that as he was on 3rd and 25 on the 2nd one with no long snapper. He played well the rest of the game and was let down in. Several spots. Drops from receivers,Dodgy false start after he had just made a great tough run. That same receiver who can't catch much putting him in tough spots by dancing for no reason.

He was also harassed all game long. 

He played pretty well except the picks. That is not the game to pick on him.

(11-13-2017, 11:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:26 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: He threw more than “a” bad ball. It’s been more than 20 years since a QB threw 2 picks in the final 2 minutes and still won the game. Bailed out big time twice when it mattered most. The defense won that game.

Well obviously.

However there is more to it than that as he was on 3rd and 25 on the 2nd one with no long snapper. He played well the rest of the game and was let down in. Several spots. Drops from receivers,Dodgy false start after he had just made a great tough run. That same receiver who can't catch much putting him in tough spots by dancing for no reason.

He was also harassed all game long. 

He played pretty well except the picks. That is not the game to pick on him.
I’m not picking on him, I’m just being brutally honest on who he is. He’s not the type of QB who steps on the field and imposes his will upon a defense. He will never be able to throw open receivers consistently because he’s at times wildly inaccurate. When the defense blitzes him, he rarely make the correct hot read or misses his target. The facts are he’s not an elite QB. He’s a QB who has a good game every once in a while when things are going his way (like facing a jet lagged team in London). Coughlin knows that the window is closing fast on this defense and is going to be looking for his “Russell Wilson” in the offseason to complete this team.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

It's hard for me to be objective when looking at Bortles, because he's a likeable person, and he's never ducked the media and he's always taken responsibility for his mistakes. After a while you sort of feel like you know the guy, and he seems like a good guy. He has a lot of good qualities- he's athletic and tough, he can run with the ball, he doesn't get injured and miss games.

It's the "good Blake"/ "bad Blake" thing that drives you crazy. We can beat anybody if we get good Blake. The question is, can we ever get rid of bad Blake.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 09:25 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(11-13-2017, 03:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 03:00 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:  That tends to happen when you have the worst WRs in the league, a 30 yard running game, and 3 OL injured. Surprised Bortles manned up and still took the Jags on a big OT drive that established field position for the win with scrubs like Mickens. 

OL and WR/TE the two/three positions that will be heavily drafted this year.
So did Blake play well in the final 2 minutes of regulation and OT?

He played great in OT.

(11-13-2017, 08:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The best thing about this victory besides keeping the Jaguars tied for 1st in the AFC South is that the "fat lady has sung" on the question about Blake Bortles' future in Jacksonville. Blake deserves credit for being one of the toughest quarterbacks in the NFL. No doubt, the depleted offensive line made it very difficult for him as he was constantly pressured. HOWEVER, he threw 2 interceptions in crunch time and should have ended up with a total of 4 "picks" if not for the Chargers dropping a couple including a sure "pick 6."

Sometime following this season (hopefully after the Jaguars win at least one playoff game), Tom Coughlin and Dave Caldwell will be having their final discussion about who they should target as the team's quarterback moving forward. It should go something like this:

Coughlin: " Dave, what are your thoughts about our quarterback position next season?"

Caldwell: " Well, Tom, I'm glad you asked. I know Blake has his faults, but he took us to the 2nd round of the playoffs and even though he threw
              5 interceptions and fumbled twice in our playoff loss, he deserves one more year and we can still draft someone in the 2nd round in
              case he fails to improve."

Coughlin: "Dave, remind me to never again ask your opinion on the quarterback position. Bortles had zero chance of returning after he nearly
             singlehandedly cost us the Chargers' game."

Caldwell:  "Sorry, Coach. You can't blame me for trying since I drafted him ahead of Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. Can I at least keep my job as I
              did draft Jalen Ramsay.?"

You're gonna cry when Bortles gets a new contract.

(11-13-2017, 09:11 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 03:34 PM)Kane Wrote: We wish we knew football.

As long as we have an all-pro OL, an elite RB, 3 future HOF WRs, and a historically great defense.... Bortles is a first ballot HoFer
Yup. The same way Trent Dilfer is. Bortles is basically Dilfer 2.0

Some of you people need to stop following football and start following hockey. You have ZERO IQ.....

Let's see....

Bortles had one of the worst teams and coaches for 4 years and has 80 TDs- 58 INTs

Dilfer had one of the best teams and coaches whole career and had 113 TDs- 129 INTs.

Go follow figure skating. You're inept.

(11-13-2017, 11:01 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: If Bortles was playing as great as spacecoast says this team would be at least 7-1 right now.

If Lee could catch the ball in New York and the Teams didn't cause a 17 point differential to the Rams then Bortles would have this team 7 and 1. The quarterback doesn't catch and isn't on the field for kicking plays.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 09:32 AM by spacecoastjag.)

Bortles INT %

2014- 3.6%

2015- 3.0%

2016- 2.6%

2017- 2.5%

Trent Dilfer career INT % = 4.1%. Duval fans are hilarious. They know nothing.

(11-14-2017, 09:27 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles INT %

2014- 3.6%

2015- 3.0%

2016- 2.6%

2017- 2.5%

I think it’s hilarious that you’ve cherry picked one QB who got lucky and won a super bowl to compare Bortles to.

2014- 3.6%

2015- 3.0%

2016- 2.6%

2017- 2.5%

Trent Dilfer career INT % = 4.1%. Duval fans are hilarious.
2 minutes in the game. Down by 3.... Blake throws 2 interceptions.

The defense bailed him out. Now you will come back with "But Lee had drops and this and that.....". Well the Chargers defense dropped 2 pick 6s and Boston for some dumb reason ran out of bounds instead of scoring.

So although Blake had a great drive in the 3rd (one of his best), he's still the same guy he has always been. When we need a score at the end of the game to tie or take the lead, he is failing. The defense caused a fumble, the defense forced a 3 and out and  the defense got a pick at the end of the OT to seal the win. 

Everyone here is rooting for Blake. That's what you don't understand. We are rooting for him because this team goes how he goes. If he plays well, Jags are almost unbeatable. When he doesn't, we need big plays from the defense to win. Thats not a recipe for success.

(11-14-2017, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 11:01 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: If Bortles was playing as great as spacecoast says this team would be at least 7-1 right now.

If Lee could catch the ball in New York and the Teams didn't cause a 17 point differential to the Rams then Bortles would have this team 7 and 1. The quarterback doesn't catch and isn't on the field for kicking plays.

"What ifs" are cool and all, but;

Bortles also did his best to give the Chargers a victory in the last critical drives of the game,,, but the defense refused to lose in spite of that. 

If it wasn't for the defensive heroics in spite of Bortles, that game is a loss.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 09:44 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(11-14-2017, 09:33 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

2014- 3.6%

2015- 3.0%

2016- 2.6%

2017- 2.5%

I think it’s hilarious that you’ve cherry picked one QB who got lucky and won a super bowl to compare Bortles to.

Try reading comprehension for $100 Alex....read above. There is someone stating Blake Bortles is Trent Dilfer 2.0. Embarrassing.

(11-14-2017, 09:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

2014- 3.6%

2015- 3.0%

2016- 2.6%

2017- 2.5%

Trent Dilfer career INT % = 4.1%. Duval fans are hilarious.

That's what you don't understand. 

What you don't understand is the Jags have the worst WRs in the NFL and their O line isn't much better. Ask Fournette.

(11-14-2017, 09:42 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 09:33 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I think it’s hilarious that you’ve cherry picked one QB who got lucky and won a super bowl to compare Bortles to.

Try reading comprehension for $100 Alex....read above. There is someone stating Blake Bortles is Trent Dilfer 2.0. Embarrassing.

(11-14-2017, 09:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:  That's what you don't understand. 

What you don't understand is the Jags have the worst WRs in the NFL and their O line isn't much better. Ask Fournette.
So those are your excuses for making 2 terrible decisions in the last 2 minutes of the game?

Come on man. You don't have it in you to say that Blake had an awful 4th quarter?

I don't get why you guys keep entertaining a troll who has repeatedly said he hates the Jags, hates Khan, and is only here to prop up the poor play of one player.

Just ignore that guy. Seriously.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 10:14 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(11-14-2017, 09:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 09:42 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   Try reading comprehension for $100 Alex....read above. There is someone stating Blake Bortles is Trent Dilfer 2.0. Embarrassing.

So those are your excuses for making 2 terrible decisions in the last 2 minutes of the game?

Come on man. You don't have it in you to say that Blake had an awful 4th quarter?

Clearly you can't read my above messages. Bortles played GREAT quarters 1-3 and OT. Did not play good in the 4th. That's bound to happen when you're throwing to Keelan Cole and Mickens along with a tight end who can't catch or know how to high point the ball. Bortles still barely has any help on offense. Fournette has no help himself; Coughlin needs about 3-4 stud OL men in the offseason. Clearly.

(11-14-2017, 10:07 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 09:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So those are your excuses for making 2 terrible decisions in the last 2 minutes of the game?

Clearly you can't read my above messages. Bortles played GREAT quarters 1-3 and OT. Did not play good in the 4th. That's bound to happen when you're throwing to Keelan Cole and Mickens along with a tight end who can't catch or know how to high point the ball. Bortles still barely has any help on offense. Fournette has no help himself; Coughlin needs about 3-4 stud OL men in the offseason. Clearly.
This is called "making excuses."

(11-14-2017, 09:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't get why you guys keep entertaining a troll who has repeatedly said he hates the Jags, hates Khan, and is only here to prop up the poor play of one player.  

Just ignore that guy.  Seriously.

^ ^