Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-01-2020, 08:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Last I checked, the media is only streaming what Trump and Dr Fauci are saying.  State & Local Reps are making decisions based on that.  If you are dissatisfied with your State and Local reps decisions, then vote them out during their next election.

The people have the power, quit complaining and act accordingly during the next election.

The media don't just report anymore and you know it. They sensationalize every damn thing. But I give you the Trump and Fauci inconsistencies don't help. Some of that comes with the nature of no one knowing much about a novel virus and most of the time it sounds like the scientific community is guessing.

I’ll say this, ive been watching the 5pm EST briefings.  But the last few days,
Y’all talking over my head. Perhaps I’ve had my after work pain killers (beer) too early.  But yeah,
Whatever that guy said on tv.  

I’ll look at the numbers in the morning. At this point I’m just hoping new cases are down daily since no one seems to know anything

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 08:59 PM by mikesez.)

Somehow engineers and architects made the list as essential.
The Homeland security document only mentions engineers in specific roles maintaining specific infrastructure.
The documents that the state of Florida has put out first mention that any work related to open construction sites is allowed to continue, then mentions architects engineers and land surveyors as essential. To me, taken all together, they're saying that our work is essential in so far as it's needed at open construction sites or for infrastructure. my company only works for hotels and theme parks, though, so it's not infrastructure. I don't think any of my company's projects are under active construction right now, and even when they are, we can usually understand their problems with a couple of pictures and a phone call.
So I don't think I'm essential at all. I think I can and should be working from home. I think everyone in my company should be.
Guess what: The guy who signs my paychecks doesn't agree!
I've been staying home, because they asked me to quarantine after my cruise.
I've gotten feedback that the coworkers think I'm not as productive or responsive when I'm at home, but of course they do! They had to put pants on and drive all the way to the office, and they think everyone should be so punished.
Anyhow I'll suck it up and go in, but it just goes to show that these orders don't always have their clearly intended effect...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-01-2020, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m just a dumb lawn guy and I am deemed “essential”.  I’m sure that is because of the elderly and those that are physically unable to do their own lawn.  The other people, we are a luxury.  However, the “other” people makes up the majority of our business.  I feel really fortunate to still go out and make some money for not just myself but my family, employees and their families.  I also feel really fortunate that I can get out of my damn house!!  

Side note: lawn guys get no respect , and trust me, I get it.  Some companies hire some real characters.  None of which will ever see the inside of my truck.  But since we’re now considered “essential” (eye roll) we’ve let that go to our heads. Finally! We get the respect we deserve!! Lol.  I just ordered new uniforms, but I may have to change them to just say “I’m essential” Smile  it’s a good thing they didn’t number the list of essentials.  If they did, I’m sure a lot of doctors would be super pissed at how important I was.  

Just happy to have a job here.  Wishing you all the best.  Stay safe, all.

My husband is somewhat kvetching that he's essential and I'm like- dude, do you know how many people have been laid off and may never get their jobs back? He's been in his career for 28 years and is ready to retire but has to wait at least another 10 years to retire at 57 according to their local government rules & regs. 

I know he's tired and needs a vacation but to [BLEEP] and moan about having to work right now is not a good look. I'm not sick and neither of our parents are and I'm just as busy as I was before this happened so I'm not getting any time off either. I told him  we can be thankful he can still support us and we can still give to our church so they can help the community.

(04-01-2020, 08:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: They had to put pants on and drive all the way to the office,...

Tell me more about this wearing of pants at the office.

Sounds intriguing, but uncomfortable.

(04-02-2020, 12:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: They had to put pants on and drive all the way to the office,...

Try maternity pants.....very comfy.

(04-02-2020, 12:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Try leggings...there’s a reason we girls live in them! Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 07:32 AM by Gabe.)

(04-02-2020, 05:08 AM)captivating Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tell me more about this wearing of pants at the office.

I've never known comfort like this 

Context
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-02-2020, 05:08 AM)captivating Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tell me more about this wearing of pants at the office.

(04-02-2020, 05:57 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I want to try something new.

(04-01-2020, 07:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:48 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Anyone see the issue with what we are being told and what is in this daily summary?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/download...deaths.pdf
That is a download if it matters to you all.

I see one page. Is that what you meant to post?

Yes, it's a pdf directly from the NYC Health website.  Much like Italy, a very large portion of deaths are from those already suffering from at least one pre-morbidity. There is also no differentiating death invoked by the flu versus COVID-19. As we know, neither virus causes death directly, it is complications like pneumonia or sepsis from immunodeficiency. We aren't getting the true story from media. Why are we shutting down an entire economy based on one or two major hotspots and a very small segment of the overall population?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-01-2020, 08:49 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The media don't just report anymore and you know it. They sensationalize every damn thing. But I give you the Trump and Fauci inconsistencies don't help. Some of that comes with the nature of no one knowing much about a novel virus and most of the time it sounds like the scientific community is guessing.

I’ll say this, ive been watching the 5pm EST briefings.  But the last few days,
Y’all talking over my head. Perhaps I’ve had my after work pain killers (beer) too early.  But yeah,
Whatever that guy said on tv.  

I’ll look at the numbers in the morning. At this point I’m just hoping new cases are down daily since no one seems to know anything

That's actually what they sound like when they are being honest.  I know, we're not used to it here so it sounds like a foreign language right now.

(04-02-2020, 09:18 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: That is a download if it matters to you all.

I see one page. Is that what you meant to post?

Yes, it's a pdf directly from the NYC Health website.  Much like Italy, a very large portion of deaths are from those already suffering from at least one pre-morbidity. There is also no differentiating death invoked by the flu versus COVID-19. As we know, neither virus causes death directly, it is complications like pneumonia or sepsis from immunodeficiency. We aren't getting the true story from media. Why are we shutting down an entire economy based on one or two major hotspots and a very small segment of the overall population?

Why do you guys keep blaming the media for the economic shutdown?  It's the government doing that, not the media.  The government, all of them, both sides of the political spectrum, starting from the President, to the governors, to the mayors, all the way down the chain.  Not the media.

(04-02-2020, 05:57 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Ain't nobody want to see me doing that...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 11:02 AM by Gabe.)

(04-02-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:18 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Yes, it's a pdf directly from the NYC Health website.  Much like Italy, a very large portion of deaths are from those already suffering from at least one pre-morbidity. There is also no differentiating death invoked by the flu versus COVID-19. As we know, neither virus causes death directly, it is complications like pneumonia or sepsis from immunodeficiency. We aren't getting the true story from media. Why are we shutting down an entire economy based on one or two major hotspots and a very small segment of the overall population?

Why do you guys keep blaming the media for the economic shutdown?  It's the government doing that, not the media.  The government, all of them, both sides of the political spectrum, starting from the President, to the governors, to the mayors, all the way down the chain.  Not the media.

Obviously, the media hasn't been getting through to Matt Kemp (apparently until just recently) - who admitted, publicly, that he had no idea that asymptomatic COVID carriers are also contagious. Sorry Georgia, our bad!

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 10:05 AM by B2hibry.)

(04-02-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:18 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Yes, it's a pdf directly from the NYC Health website.  Much like Italy, a very large portion of deaths are from those already suffering from at least one pre-morbidity. There is also no differentiating death invoked by the flu versus COVID-19. As we know, neither virus causes death directly, it is complications like pneumonia or sepsis from immunodeficiency. We aren't getting the true story from media. Why are we shutting down an entire economy based on one or two major hotspots and a very small segment of the overall population?

Who is blaming the media for the shutdown? I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

I'll make it easier for the back row...

Media: Not accurately reporting and fear-mongering

Government: Why shut down over a few hotspots? A very small segment in those hotspots is at severe risk. More squash the majority for the minority thinking that always goes so well.

https://twitter.com/carolmswain/status/1...7525864450

(04-01-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 11:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Rightfully so.  There's a pandemic out there !!!

The President is offering trillions of dollars in relief, partially, so small business can stay afloat.

Small businesses could've stayed afloat just fine except for the media driven panic.

(04-02-2020, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why do you guys keep blaming the media for the economic shutdown?  It's the government doing that, not the media.  The government, all of them, both sides of the political spectrum, starting from the President, to the governors, to the mayors, all the way down the chain.  Not the media.

Who is blaming the media for the shutdown?
I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

Government: Why shut down over a few hotspots? A very small segment in those hotspots is at severe risk. More squash the majority for the minority thinking that always goes so well.

FSG pontificated that the media is responsible for the shutdown and small businesses going out of business - that's where the conversation stemmed from.

(04-02-2020, 10:31 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Small businesses could've stayed afloat just fine except for the media driven panic.

(04-02-2020, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
Who is blaming the media for the shutdown?
I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

FSG pontificated that the media is responsible for the shutdown and small businesses going out of business - that's where the conversation stemmed from.
Ahh, I see it now. I can see their role in it but not sole responsibility.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 11:38 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-02-2020, 11:14 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 10:31 AM)Gabe Wrote: FSG pontificated that the media is responsible for the shutdown and small businesses going out of business - that's where the conversation stemmed from.
Ahh, I see it now. I can see their role in it but not sole responsibility.

I think he means stuff like reporting facts such as NYC building makeshift hospital beds in Central Park.  We shouldn't be reporting this stuff but rather concealing facts that influence the Gov to take action with regard to shutting down businesses and such

-signed,
China, North Korea, and Russia

[Image: central-park-field-hospital-05.jpg?quali...410&crop=1]

So, do people still want the open border policies the left are endorsing? Figured this was a good time to ask.

#ListenHereTrunk

Crypt Keeper and Pencil Neck back doing what they do.