Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Twitter is not real life.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2020, 07:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Twitter is not real life.

So Trump didn't really say that?

Just to play devil’s advocate, perhaps real life isn’t Twitter.  Wait... that pretty much says the same thing.  Ok...   yeah, ok...  I’ll hear ya out.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 07:40 PM by B2hibry.)

(04-03-2020, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Interesting:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...lP1REMthJA

In the same vain, both Navy hospital ships are currently underutilized and reworking their original mission of overflow bedding.

So how is our medical systems suddenly overwhelmed from COVID-19 but not from H1N1? Isn’t New York used to dealing with 9.1 deaths a minute? Why is Cuomo screaming for supplies from a warehouse full of supplies? We know why New York is apparently a hotspot (mass transit) but why are their treatments not as successful as the rest of the country? Valid question that I believe needs answers. The people of NYC may be suffering on behalf of politics or stupidity on the part of their government.
Not sure how authentic that is.  But if real and the dates haven’t been skewed, that is reassuring and frightening at the same time.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. That Urgentcare reacting the way she did is suspect. I don't believe the hospitals are overflowing, nor are they out of manning and equipment. Let me be clear, this isn't to say that New York isn't in deep right now. However, when the Navy says we are rethinking our reason for being here, there is some doubt introduced.

The whole of twitter or just parts? If we can ingest MSM, why not other platforms? In the end, the information needs to be responsibly taken in and scrubbed.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 07:55 PM by Jags.)

OMG, wife is watching ET or something.  They say wash hands but without the rings.  Because Corona likes moisture.  So I guess it’s now hydrophilic.   1. I thought we knew jack [BLEEP] about Corona.  2. If it likes moisture, I suggest washing your hands after washing your hands.  Then repeat.

(04-03-2020, 06:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Interesting:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...lP1REMthJA

In the same vain, both Navy hospital ships are currently underutilized and reworking their original mission of overflow bedding.

So how is our medical systems suddenly overwhelmed from COVID-19 but not from H1N1? Isn’t New York used to dealing with 9.1 deaths a minute? Why is Cuomo screaming for supplies from a warehouse full of supplies? We know why New York is apparently a hotspot (mass transit) but why are their treatments not as successful as the rest of the country? Valid question that I believe needs answers. The people of NYC may be suffering on behalf of politics or stupidity on the part of their government.

The idea that empty hospitals equates to few corona virus patients is shortsighted. My wife is a nurse in an emergency room, and they're constantly screening patients for the virus. They have entire wings of the hospital set up for only COVID patients. That doesn't include the tents. The reason they're empty is because people aren't risking getting infected in the ER with their trivial problems. She's said that the upset stomachs, pregnancy tests, homeless looking for a warm bed, and everyone in between aren't coming in because they don't want to get infected.

Most people that visit the ER treat it like it's their primary doctor and ultimately waste their resources. And we're seeing what it's like without a lot of those people.

Not that I’m on board with the video B2 posted, but no one knows a damn thing after the whole world is being affected. Granted, I’m not a doctor. But with the great doctors we have we’re still stumped? Across the globe? We don’t even know if a face mask helps? Not trying to wear a tin foil hat, but every election year there is something and now we have this.

I’m sure I’ll be greeted with the “what about the “x” amount of people that died. I can’t answer that. Won’t dispute it either. My heart goes out to all the people that lost someone. I had a friend text me yesterday say he lost his uncle and even our board members (jfc) feeling it real bad. I’m sure others on here have their stories. But something doesn’t add up. Maybe I’m giving our drs too much credit. Idk.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 08:29 PM by Jags.)

(04-03-2020, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

The idea that empty hospitals equates to few corona virus patients is shortsighted. My wife is a nurse in an emergency room, and they're constantly screening patients for the virus. They have entire wings of the hospital set up for only COVID patients. That doesn't include the tents. The reason they're empty is because people aren't risking getting infected in the ER with their trivial problems. She's said that the upset stomachs, pregnancy tests, homeless looking for a warm bed, and everyone in between aren't coming in because they don't want to get infected.

Most people that visit the ER treat it like it's their primary doctor and ultimately waste their resources. And we're seeing what it's like without a lot of those people.

Idk, I always looked at the ER as a last resort.  Like an “oh [BLEEP]” thing.  Last time I was in there was when my infant was running a 104.0 fever while being given Tylenol/ibuprofen during a Power outage in hurricane Matthew.  Even then we sat 2.5 hours in waiting room.  

By all reports, this is real. I’m not in the medical business.  But if your wife is, then I have to take that as credence towards it being real.  Thank her for the thousands infected.  Thank her for her service and bravery in putting herself at risk.  Stay safe.

(04-03-2020, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The idea that empty hospitals equates to few corona virus patients is shortsighted. My wife is a nurse in an emergency room, and they're constantly screening patients for the virus. They have entire wings of the hospital set up for only COVID patients. That doesn't include the tents. The reason they're empty is because people aren't risking getting infected in the ER with their trivial problems. She's said that the upset stomachs, pregnancy tests, homeless looking for a warm bed, and everyone in between aren't coming in because they don't want to get infected.

Additionally, elective procedures have all been placed on hold, in anticipation of an influx of COVID patients.  If hospitals are still at a low patient count in a week, then maybe we can start to breath a little easier.  Until then, it's way to earlier to draw any conclusions.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-03-2020, 07:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:

So Trump didn't really say that?

He sure did. He said those words in connection with thousands of others during that press briefing. It's called context

But enough of that esoteric talk. Tell me, JackCity, what did you think he was saying? Or better yet, what did you hope he was saying? You made the effort to find and post these nuggets of condemnation. What do they mean?

(04-03-2020, 08:33 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The idea that empty hospitals equates to few corona virus patients is shortsighted. My wife is a nurse in an emergency room, and they're constantly screening patients for the virus. They have entire wings of the hospital set up for only COVID patients. That doesn't include the tents. The reason they're empty is because people aren't risking getting infected in the ER with their trivial problems. She's said that the upset stomachs, pregnancy tests, homeless looking for a warm bed, and everyone in between aren't coming in because they don't want to get infected.

Additionally, elective procedures have all been placed on hold, in anticipation of an influx of COVID patients.  If hospitals are still at a low patient count in a week, then maybe we can start to breath a little easier.  Until then, it's way to earlier to draw any conclusions.

Odd, it seems we've been drawing worst case scenario conclusions since before St Patricks Day and acting on them ever since.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-03-2020, 06:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Did u know the subways are still open in NYC?

I just watched a Fox 30 commercial highlighting all the essential businesses still open. Also its evidently a good time to buy from Ademec Harley Davidson, get those jowls done at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery, or visit Barnes and Cohen to discuss your personal injury case.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

J.F.C. So sorry to hear of you and your families situation. My condolences and I pray that things improve. Gabe, same goes for you and I hope that your wife feels better. JIB, I respect you as a poster and as a man. I hate to admit that if I was feeling the way you were I would not be able to handle myself the way that you did.

I have to ask. Has anyone else been sick lately? Anyone think that they might of had this? It's Friday night. On Tuesday afternoon out of nowhere I started to experience the chills. From there I checked my temperature I was at 96.9. Half hour or so later I was about 97.5, eventually after an hour or so my temp rose to about 98.6. I know that this is all within a normal range and I don't know what temperature fluctuations are considered normal, but I did feel a bit sick as well and the chills were not helping. I will say that I do have quite a bit of health anxiety, really not sure why but I do. There is no doubt that this may have contributed to the way I was feeling. Once I calmed down and took a shower I felt much better, got a good night's rest and the next day I was fine. Other than the chills and the "temp"I didn't feel anything else. I've had a mild cough and a bit of congestion but I suffer from allergies so this is is not abnormal.

The past few nights the wife has basically felt the same as I did just a few nights ago. Her temperature rose to 99.4 tonight, last night it capped out just below 99.

Our main concern is our ten year old son. He has asthma. Thank God that this does not seem to affect children. We could bring him to the grandparents but at this point I would be more concerned with risking their health.

This just has me thinking that hopefully we were infected and that this is basically our experience with this virus. This is why I said earlier that it's my personal belief that millions of Americans are already infected with this virus, it's just that people like us, if, and that's a big if, we had the virus we had no reason to seek medical attention and therefore were never tested.

(04-03-2020, 11:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 07:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: So Trump didn't really say that?

He sure did. He said those words in connection with thousands of others during that press briefing. It's called context

But enough of that esoteric talk. Tell me, JackCity, what did you think he was saying? Or better yet, what did you hope he was saying? You made the effort to find and post these nuggets of condemnation. What do they mean?

Yeah I watched the press conference.

He was trying to illustrate other places other than new York need them too and that it isn't his fault they don't have them. I don't need to "hope" Trump says anything, as it doesn't impact my life.

Anyone who thinks there's been an overreaction to COVID, just consider the time and cost associated with the war of terror which was 19 years and 6.5 trillion....and that occurred because 3,000 died. So far, 7,000 have died in the US and that's climbing every day.

(04-04-2020, 12:47 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He sure did. He said those words in connection with thousands of others during that press briefing. It's called context

Yeah I watched the press conference.

He was trying to illustrate other places other than new York need them too and that it isn't his fault they don't have them. I don't need to "hope" Trump says anything, as it doesn't impact my life.

I agree, sir.

JFC, My heart breaks for u and ur family. Godspeed my friend

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 08:34 AM by Cleatwood.)

Hey. At least Trump is still bragging about banging models during this time.....

(04-04-2020, 12:59 AM)captivating Wrote: Anyone who thinks there's been an overreaction to COVID, just consider the time and cost associated with the war of terror which was 19 years and 6.5 trillion....and that occurred because 3,000 died.  So far, 7,000 have died in the US and that's climbing every day.

All due respect... what the [BLEEP]! Talk about false equivalencies. While not even attempting to address the reasons behind GWOT, that was 6.5T over 19 years! (your figure). This government said, "hold my beer" when it came to COVID and that GWOT figure in a matter of weeks, not years. And for what? It doesn't come close to the top 10 deaths in America. Every death is tragic but we've shut down America for an illness. God forbid something even remotely close to a Superbug hits our shores.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

My friend just tested positive. Him and I also drank out of the same container a few days ago. Welp.