Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(05-25-2020, 08:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The UK has been on the same path of cutting services for years?

Sweden has gone a different approach so not really comparable. But I guess are kind of showing the open the economy it's just a flu isn't working.

Any thoughts on Germany? They are terribly located and done an amazing job.

I would also caution comparing numbers between countries at this point it's quite clear some are massively undersold compared to others. I imagine the US will overtake many of the ones you mentioned despite having a much less dense population.

Let me guess you voted to cut these pointless public services and to cut tax?

Ah yes, the "the numbers are lying" routine. Fine work.I
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-25-2020, 10:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 09:28 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not quite sure what you are arguing.

Those who had contact tracing and testing in place early have done better have they not?

It's easy to say spending has gone up but need to factor in inflation and population increases. I imagine of we fact check your comment it won't stand up to scrutiny.

No need to be defensive, many countries made a similar blunder.

Testing was crippled by the CDC bureaucracy. Your claim about cutting taxes and public services does not apply since spending on the CDC increased.

Contact tracing would not be legal in the USA. Maybe you prefer a totalitarian police state? If so, I hear Venezuela is looking for immigrants.

The US numbers are heavily skewed by NYC and surrounding counties where they kept the subways running without increased cleaning until it was too late, and infected people in New York were sent back to nursing homes by edict from the governor of New York, a progressive Democrat who is all for higher taxes and "public services." There were 10,000 COVID victims just in NY nursing homes, about 10% of the entire US total. New York state has some of the highest taxes in the USA, and lots of "public services."

Florida (you know, the state where the Jags are located) has a larger population than NY state but less than 10% of the deaths. That's because the governor of Florida prioritized protecting nursing home residents rather than sending infected people into them.

Our biggest mistake in the US was trusting the WHO experts, not knowing they were owned by the ChiComs and would just pass on their lies. Had we clamped down foreign travel earlier the death toll would be much less. Our second biggest mistake was trusting the CDC experts about masks. Cuomo contributed 10% of the US deaths; the voters in New York made that mistake and the rest of the country had no say in the choice.

I think everything you're saying is accurate.
The people in the US didn't have access to the tests until too many people were infected for testing alone to stop the spread.
I think a lot of that is the CDC's fault, or whatever government agency tried to develop a "perfect" test rather than approving the "good" tests that were developed already.
But some of the fault is with Congress and the White House.  
They had to twist the arms of private insurance to get testing covered. There was no decision until March 16th.
in a better world, when the government declares a national emergency, it would be clear to everyone that the government will pay the costs of stopping the virus that caused the national emergency.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-25-2020, 11:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 08:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The UK has been on the same path of cutting services for years?

Sweden has gone a different approach so not really comparable. But I guess are kind of showing the open the economy it's just a flu isn't working.

Any thoughts on Germany? They are terribly located and done an amazing job.

I would also caution comparing numbers between countries at this point it's quite clear some are massively undersold compared to others. I imagine the US will overtake many of the ones you mentioned despite having a much less dense population.

Let me guess you voted to cut these pointless public services and to cut tax?

Ah yes, the "the numbers are lying" routine. Fine work.I

So you trust every government in the world's numbers? Didn't realise you were so naive?

(05-25-2020, 10:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 09:28 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not quite sure what you are arguing.

Those who had contact tracing and testing in place early have done better have they not?

It's easy to say spending has gone up but need to factor in inflation and population increases. I imagine of we fact check your comment it won't stand up to scrutiny.

No need to be defensive, many countries made a similar blunder.

Testing was crippled by the CDC bureaucracy. Your claim about cutting taxes and public services does not apply since spending on the CDC increased.

Contact tracing would not be legal in the USA. Maybe you prefer a totalitarian police state? If so, I hear Venezuela is looking for immigrants.

The US numbers are heavily skewed by NYC and surrounding counties where they kept the subways running without increased cleaning until it was too late, and infected people in New York were sent back to nursing homes by edict from the governor of New York, a progressive Democrat who is all for higher taxes and "public services." There were 10,000 COVID victims just in NY nursing homes, about 10% of the entire US total. New York state has some of the highest taxes in the USA, and lots of "public services."

Florida (you know, the state where the Jags are located) has a larger population than NY state but less than 10% of the deaths. That's because the governor of Florida prioritized protecting nursing home residents rather than sending infected people into them.

Our biggest mistake in the US was trusting the WHO experts, not knowing they were owned by the ChiComs and would just pass on their lies. Had we clamped down foreign travel earlier the death toll would be much less. Our second biggest mistake was trusting the CDC experts about masks. Cuomo contributed 10% of the US deaths; the voters in New York made that mistake and the rest of the country had no say in the choice.

You didn't trust the WHO. You banned travel from China before they suggested it. But congrats for being a loyal trumpette deflector.

The US did quite a good job up front with regards to travel bans, just other countries have much better systems in place to deal with containing the virus.

(05-26-2020, 12:02 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 10:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Testing was crippled by the CDC bureaucracy. Your claim about cutting taxes and public services does not apply since spending on the CDC increased.

You didn't trust the WHO. You banned travel from China before they suggested it. But congrats for being a loyal trumpette deflector.

The US did quite a good job up front with regards to travel bans, just other countries have much better systems in place to deal with containing the virus.

Is this the same WHO that killed a trial of Hydroxy because of "dangerous side effects" of the 70 year old drug.

(05-25-2020, 10:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Testing was crippled by the CDC bureaucracy. Your claim about cutting taxes and public services does not apply since spending on the CDC increased.

Ignorance is bliss.. .

(05-25-2020, 11:56 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 11:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ah yes, the "the numbers are lying" routine. Fine work.I

So you trust every government in the world's numbers? Didn't realise you were so naive?

Of course I don't, that's why I know we're doing much better than you say. We're admittedly overstating our numbers while China and Russia and many others are clearly understating theirs. Thanks for the chuckles.

(05-26-2020, 07:21 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 12:02 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You didn't trust the WHO. You banned travel from China before they suggested it. But congrats for being a loyal trumpette deflector.

Ignorance is bliss.. .

He really must suffer from some sort of delusion syndrome or he's a troll like Mikesez. Just shows up and spouts nonsense for attention.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-26-2020, 07:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:21 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ignorance is bliss.. .

He really must suffer from some sort of delusion syndrome or he's a troll like Mikesez. Just shows up and spouts nonsense for attention.

Comes across as sincere to me.
He takes it as a given that spending more money on public health would always result in less deaths, and he's exasperated that you don't see his logic.
As I said above, making wiser decisions doesn't always cost more money.  And having high spending in normal times is not a pre-requisite for spending the appropriate amount of money to deal with an emergency.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Wrong! The travel ban was after WHO and the ChiComs (but I repeat myself) admitted that the virus could be spread from person to person, a fact they knew but denied for nearly a month.

You really should stop commenting on US policy when you are clueless about it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-26-2020, 08:37 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Comes across as sincere to me.
He takes it as a given that spending more money on public health would always result in less deaths, and he's exasperated that you don't see his logic.
As I said above, making wiser decisions doesn't always cost more money.  And having high spending in normal times is not a pre-requisite for spending the appropriate amount of money to deal with an emergency.

And yet the public health expenditure every year in the USA is a greater percentage of GDP than that in Australia which causes his position to exasperate people who understand that spending (government spending in particular) doesn't equal quality.

MSNBC reporter attempts to shame Wisconsin residents for not wearing masks. Wait until the end. Absolutely phenomenal. https://t.co/1C1OQlxGhp

(05-26-2020, 09:29 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 12:02 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You didn't trust the WHO. You banned travel from China before they suggested it. But congrats for being a loyal trumpette deflector.

Wrong! The travel ban was after WHO and the ChiComs (but I repeat myself) admitted that the virus could be spread from person to person, a fact they knew but denied for nearly a month.

You really should stop commenting on US policy when you are clueless about it.

Happy for you to link advice from the WHO to issue travel bans. 

Go ahead...

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-d...9-outbreak

Not very good at mindlessly following WHO advice.

(05-26-2020, 06:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: MSNBC reporter attempts to shame Wisconsin residents for not wearing masks. Wait until the end. Absolutely phenomenal. https://t.co/1C1OQlxGhp

"Um, thank you Cal Perry for that riveting insight. Now, let's go over to our MSNBC weather center for the latest hurricane report."

https://youtu.be/rN3kKb5veq8

(05-26-2020, 07:18 PM)lastonealive Wrote: https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-d...9-outbreak

The USA was following the WHO's claim of fact about the virus, namely that it couldn't be spread from person to person, a lie. There was no "fact" involved in their advice, and the admission that it could be spread from person to person was wisely acted on by Trump in the form of a travel ban rather than follow their globalist travel advice.

Do you not understand the difference between someone giving advice and someone stating a fact?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

When did they declare it could be spread from person to person and when did they declare it can't be spread from person to person?

Hopefully you have some links this time.

This deflection is way off what you originally quoted me on but I'll try and let you get something right in your deflection attempt

Looks like many of the 100k COVID deaths were never tested for the virus at all. The numbers are bogus.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/...oronavirus

(05-26-2020, 09:32 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:18 PM)lastonealive Wrote: https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-d...9-outbreak

The USA was following the WHO's claim of fact about the virus, namely that it couldn't be spread from person to person, a lie. There was no "fact" involved in their advice, and the admission that it could be spread from person to person was wisely acted on by Trump in the form of a travel ban rather than follow their globalist travel advice.

Do you not understand the difference between someone giving advice and someone stating a fact?

I keep seeing you (and Trump) tout this as THE measure that justifies any inaction or as a display of aggression in attempting to contain a virus that he continuously downplayed before and after the ban. 

He banned travel to China and temporarily banned entry from foreign nationals that had visited China in the previous two weeks. But not all international flights, not considering that anyone entering the US from the UK or elsewhere could have contracted the virus through any other means. Only US citizens that had been in China the previous two weeks were given enhanced screening at select ports. 

Notably, even after his travel ban, 40k people came to the US on flights from China.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Disney announces reopening scheduled for July 11th with reduced access and activities.

(05-27-2020, 12:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Disney announces reopening scheduled for July 11th with reduced access and activities.

MURDERERS!!!