Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

I posted a response on a public FB page stating I would not comply with such an order.

Took three minutes for some goof to call me a racist.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-28-2020, 12:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Results of Spanush study find Covid in Barcelona waste water samples from March 2019. Italy found them as early as December 2019. Stupid Drumpf causing this virus.

Only one of many samples tested positive. It's likely to have been a false positive. BTW, I was in Barcelona in October. Came down with a bad cold.

Quote:This possibility prompted us to analyze some archival WWTP samples from January 2018 to December 2019 (Figure 2). All samples came out to be negative for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 genomes with the exception of March 12, 2019, in which both IP2 and IP4 target assays were positive.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-29-2020, 01:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:06 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The new mortality rate is in line with the flu. Think about that for a second. If we would have known that when this disease first came out, would we even care about this virus? I am not saying we could have known, but now that we do, why are we still freaking out about it? Only because we have been exposed and conditioned to fear it.

The difference is how fast the number of deaths occurred, the numbers requiring hospitalization, and the level of care once hospitalized as compared to the flu. If you really think it's the same as the flu, research interviews of doctors and nurses caring for COVID-19 cases. Never mind how it affects the entire body, and what they're finding out about long term affects. Personally, given my pre-existing conditions, it terrifies me. It's a horrible way to die, and survivors will tell you to follow social distancing recommendations.

It's not the flu, and it's not all about mortality rates.

If it terrifies you then stay home. Otherwise the rest of us 99.8% are going to get on with our lives.

(06-29-2020, 01:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 12:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Results of Spanush study find Covid in Barcelona waste water samples from March 2019. Italy found them as early as December 2019. Stupid Drumpf causing this virus.

Only one of many samples tested positive. It's likely to have been a false positive. BTW, I was in Barcelona in October. Came down with a bad cold.

Quote:This possibility prompted us to analyze some archival WWTP samples from January 2018 to December 2019 (Figure 2). All samples came out to be negative for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 genomes with the exception of March 12, 2019, in which both IP2 and IP4 target assays were positive.

My man, you were an early adopter!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-29-2020, 01:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I posted a response on a public FB page stating I would not comply with such an order.

Lol

Can’t wait to see you in a video throwing a temper tantrum about having to wear a mask. Pure gold.

(06-29-2020, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is all a scam by ugly people.

I don’t know about that, but I’m saving a ton of money on lipstick! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-29-2020, 01:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:06 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The new mortality rate is in line with the flu. Think about that for a second. If we would have known that when this disease first came out, would we even care about this virus? I am not saying we could have known, but now that we do, why are we still freaking out about it? Only because we have been exposed and conditioned to fear it.

The difference is how fast the number of deaths occurred, the numbers requiring hospitalization, and the level of care once hospitalized as compared to the flu. If you really think it's the same as the flu, research interviews of doctors and nurses caring for COVID-19 cases. Never mind how it affects the entire body, and what they're finding out about long term affects. Personally, given my pre-existing conditions, it terrifies me. It's a horrible way to die, and survivors will tell you to follow social distancing recommendations.

It's not the flu, and it's not all about mortality rates.

I'll check again, but I am looking at the mortality rate, which should negate your argument. The average age of death in FL is 77. I don't want to downplay this, but I really think it's being overblown. Half the cases in the US came from a bad nursing home policy. I hope you stay safe, though. Don't want anyone to die from this thing. 

You also have a valid points with regards to the unknowns. This virus targets the Ace 2 receptor, which lines your lungs and blood vessels. There could be complications in the future, but the human body is pretty good at dealing with viruses, by and large. You can roll the dice with the virus or you can roll the dice with the vaccine.

(06-29-2020, 01:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I posted a response on a public FB page stating I would not comply with such an order.

Lol

Can’t wait to see you in a video throwing a temper tantrum about having to wear a mask. Pure gold.

I won't, there's no penalty for non-compliance.

I did get a new nickname though, "Covidiot." The little millennial trans something or other thought X/s/he really got me with that one.

(06-29-2020, 02:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol

I did get a new nickname though, "Covidiot." The little millennial trans something or other thought X/s/he really got me with that one.

I get the reasoning, but for anything, I wear one for the sake of employees.

(06-29-2020, 02:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol

You seem a little triggered by that person lol

(06-29-2020, 02:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 02:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I won't, there's no penalty for non-compliance.

Love when soy boys try to use their own assigned adjectives against other people. Why is it that every liberal I have ever come across has zero creativity?

n/m

(06-29-2020, 02:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: n/m

We all saw it. Nice try.

Did you wear a mask before this when going out to protect people with weak immune systems? No.

(06-29-2020, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 02:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: n/m

We all saw it. Nice try.

Did you wear a mask before this when going out to protect people with weak immune systems? No.

I wear a mask every time I enter a building open to the public and have done so from the outset of this thing. 

I'm amazed at how many grown folks act like petulant little children simply when tasked to take the tiniest shred of responsibility and do something incredibly simple for the sake of other humans at risk. 

It's so little to ask. 

Bunch of weak, selfish fools.

(06-29-2020, 02:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 02:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You seem a little triggered by that person lol

Love when soy boys try to use their own assigned adjectives against other people. Why is it that every liberal I have ever come across has zero creativity?
Well if the shoe fits, right?

(06-29-2020, 03:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We all saw it. Nice try.

I wear a mask every time I enter a building open to the public and have done so from the outset of this thing. 

I'm amazed at how many grown folks act like petulant little children simply when tasked to take the tiniest shred of responsibility and do something incredibly simple for the sake of other humans at risk. 

It's so little to ask. 

BEFORE this. People with compromised immune systems existed before COVID-19. Did you wear a mask in public after unknowingly being exposed to someone with the flu?

(06-29-2020, 03:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wear a mask every time I enter a building open to the public and have done so from the outset of this thing. 

It's so little to ask. 

BEFORE this. People with compromised immune systems existed before COVID-19. Did you wear a mask in public after unknowingly being exposed to someone with the flu?

Did the CDC advise it? 

No. 

Stop trying to move the goal posts when you fail at making a point.

(06-29-2020, 03:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: BEFORE this. People with compromised immune systems existed before COVID-19. Did you wear a mask in public after unknowingly being exposed to someone with the flu?

Did the CDC advise it? 

No. 

Stop trying to move the goal posts when you fail at making a point.

It's humorous that you mention moving the goalposts and CDC advice in the same post.

[Image: I+found+this+humerus+skeletons+have+a+we...291172.png]

(06-29-2020, 02:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 02:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I won't, there's no penalty for non-compliance.

Nah, I just laughed at it(?) and moved on. Did think it pretty insightful that not wearing a mask is now considered racist though. I thought the west coast situation was that minorities didn't have to wear masks if it hurt their feelings? I just can't keep straight all the ways I'm a racist these days.

I think the choice to wear a mask or not should be a personal choice, not something mandated by government at any level (local, state or federal).  Do I wear one?  Nope.  I choose to not do so because the only public place that I've been to since this whole thing started is a gas station.  At work I have my own office and people that enter it can talk to me at a "safe" distance.

I do think that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, and I fault the media (both MSM as well as social) for this.  Just this morning on one of the local news stations that I read daily I counted 7 articles regarding the Wuhan virus.  Something that I noticed is the numbers of cases being breathlessly reported.  Just a couple of months ago it was the number of deaths that were blasted on the headlines.  Today not so much.

No reports of shortages of hospital beds, ventilators, PPE, etc.

Of course there are several more cases when there is more widespread testing.  What isn't reported is the number of deaths or even hospitalizations.  There is also no data on the "positive" cases that are asymptomatic or are able to fully recover by managing the symptoms at home.

The "closures", "lock-downs" and "mandates" being put in place is more political than practical in my opinion.  There is a certain segment of the population that is fine with the short-term damage to the economy as long as it hurts politically The President and his campaign for a second term.

The saddest part is the folks being used as political "pawns" through all of this are the ones that need to be working the most.  People that typically live "paycheck-to-paycheck" (as an example the service industry) are unable to earn their regular salary because of this.

By the way, no political party is immune to this political "game".  Both major parties are "playing" it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Solid tweet....

I cannot describe how salty I am about politicians in both parties wiping out businesses and preventing Americans from attending funerals of dead loved ones, then celebrating the 756 funerals of Saint George Floyd, then immediately lecturing me again about masks and coronavirus.

(06-29-2020, 05:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think the choice to wear a mask or not should be a personal choice, not something mandated by government at any level (local, state or federal).  Do I wear one?  Nope.  I choose to not do so because the only public place that I've been to since this whole thing started is a gas station.  At work I have my own office and people that enter it can talk to me at a "safe" distance.

I do think that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, and I fault the media (both MSM as well as social) for this.  Just this morning on one of the local news stations that I read daily I counted 7 articles regarding the Wuhan virus.  Something that I noticed is the numbers of cases being breathlessly reported.  Just a couple of months ago it was the number of deaths that were blasted on the headlines.  Today not so much.

No reports of shortages of hospital beds, ventilators, PPE, etc.

Of course there are several more cases when there is more widespread testing.  What isn't reported is the number of deaths or even hospitalizations.  There is also no data on the "positive" cases that are asymptomatic or are able to fully recover by managing the symptoms at home.

The "closures", "lock-downs" and "mandates" being put in place is more political than practical in my opinion.  There is a certain segment of the population that is fine with the short-term damage to the economy as long as it hurts politically The President and his campaign for a second term.

The saddest part is the folks being used as political "pawns" through all of this are the ones that need to be working the most.  People that typically live "paycheck-to-paycheck" (as an example the service industry) are unable to earn their regular salary because of this.

By the way, no political party is immune to this political "game".  Both major parties are "playing" it.

I wear a mask when shopping as a matter of courtesy. I don't object to those who don't. Many shops require a mask, and that's where the decision should be made. If you object to wearing a mask, don't shop there. If you object to people not wearing masks, don't go to places where they aren't required. No government edicts needed.

I strongly encourage those who are high-risk to self quarantine. But I don't support holding a gun to their head to force them to do so.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"