Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(03-16-2021, 02:00 PM)Dimson Wrote: AluAlu is coming back home baby!
He was really good last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don’t mind that Alualu move at all

Lol Alualu is definitely our best acquisition thus far.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 02:19 PM by JagFan81.)

(03-16-2021, 01:19 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: CJ on the #1 and Shaq on #2 should be adequate. Shaq is def not a #1 cover guy though. Overpaid, but hey... thats FA. Good signing.

Agreed. CB looks a better unit after the last few days. Bringing back Sidney Jones and Herndon too. Im not big on Herndon but looks like he'll be more of a nickel CB which i think suits him better

In all seriousness if Alualu means Taven gets cut... A+ move baby!

(03-16-2021, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

That's because they make you work up in Pittsburgh.  Probably wants to relax a bit and enjoy the sunshine.

(03-16-2021, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

He was drafted out of position when he played for us. He is an ideal fit for a 3-4 base defense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-16-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol Alualu is definitely our best acquisition thus far.

I got to say, with Yan and Fournette and a few other ex players about in FA, no way did i think we would bring back Hyde and Alualu!

What would the Packers want for Mercedes?  Big Grin

I didnt even k ow he was a FA

(03-16-2021, 02:04 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 12:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Dude we've been here for decades and heard this same old song and dance before. Get in the backseat already Mrs. Meyer...
So who were you the GM or coach for that makes your crying worth listening too

Sorry sir, I am having trouble understanding the context of your statement
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

First Hyde then Alualu?

[Image: band-back.png]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-16-2021, 02:12 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol Alualu is definitely our best acquisition thus far.

I got to say, with Yan and Fournette and a few other ex players about in FA, no way did i think we would bring back Hyde and Alualu!

....they basically picked up a 6'6" blocking TE in Manhertz, which they must hope to be a young Mercedes.

I see Hyde as the backup in case Robinson goes down. We still need that fast, change of pace, back.

I think they really like our WRs, so they don't want a #1 or even 2.

I'm hearing Tonyan as a TE option.

And we still need a proven edge rusher like Clowney or Reddick.

(03-16-2021, 02:21 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I see Hyde as the backup in case Robinson goes down. We still need that fast, change of pace, back.

Pack slapped a 2d round FA tender on Tonyan

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-16-2021, 02:25 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:21 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I see Hyde as the backup in case Robinson goes down. We still need that fast, change of pace, back.

Pack slapped a 2d round FA tender on Tonyan

I mean, I like that better than let's say Pat Freirmuth but only at Minnesota  s 2nd

Phillip Dorsett: has only 23 catches of 20 or more yards since he entered the league in 2015. Why did we sign this guy to be the deep threat. Just give Fuller the max deal.

(03-16-2021, 02:20 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:12 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I got to say, with Yan and Fournette and a few other ex players about in FA, no way did i think we would bring back Hyde and Alualu!

....they basically picked up a 6'6" blocking TE in Manhertz, which they must hope to be a young Mercedes.

I think this is actually our best signing considering we needed a player of that mold. Hopefully this opens the opportunity of drafting Pitts

It's the reversal of Kelvin Pritchett 22 years later.  lol

Another question is why are we seriously backloading these deals? They all have tiny first year salaries. We should be taking advantage of this situation and front loading so we have more space in the future when we're more competitive.

(03-16-2021, 02:34 PM)Upper Wrote: Another question is why are we seriously backloading these deals? They all have tiny first year salaries. We should be taking advantage of this situation and front loading so we have more space in the future when we're more competitive.

Balke:Thirty