Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 08:55 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-12-2021, 08:20 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Looks like boosters are on the way. They'll start with who they should have started with, then move on to the rest of you guys. I love an experiment with no control group... especially one that makes people a crap ton of money.

“New data shows antibodies against Delta wane after 6-8m and breakthrough against Delta is rising,” Yee wrote. “We expect FDA to move to booster approvals.”

https://www.barrons.com/articles/booster...1628687318

I wonder if Medicare will cover it. Would this be FDA EUA approval for booster?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's looking like Sweden is the only country that hasn't had a terrible outbreak of the delta variant. Also, there are new studies out of Israel suggesting natural immunity is much stronger than the vaccine. I will try to find them.

I will say that after my experience with the shot(s) there is no way in hell I'm going to take a "booster".  I'll take my chances instead.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 04:03 PM by Lucky2Last.)

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/...spx/309762

With a total of 835,792 Israelis known to have recovered from the virus, the 72 instances of reinfection amount to 0.0086% of people who were already infected with COVID.

By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.

According to a report by Channel 13, the disparity has confounded – and divided – Health Ministry experts, with some saying the data proves the higher level of immunity provided by natural infection versus vaccination, while others remained unconvinced.

(08-12-2021, 04:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/...spx/309762

With a total of 835,792 Israelis known to have recovered from the virus, the 72 instances of reinfection amount to 0.0086% of people who were already infected with COVID.

By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.

According to a report by Channel 13, the disparity has confounded – and divided – Health Ministry experts, with some saying the data proves the higher level of immunity provided by natural infection versus vaccination, while others remained unconvinced.

What is the number on those who have both?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Why do you want a vaccine so badly? The only country that really hasn't been hit hard by delta is Sweden. It also happens to be one of the few Western countries that just let it run it's course (until the media eventually bullied them into a mask mandate). Which means they probably got closer than any first world country to getting herd immunity. They did end up getting a significant portion of their population vaccinated, though, so you can probably find your answer there. America's scientific institutions are [BLEEP]. Israel seems to be way ahead of the curve for legit information.

(08-12-2021, 03:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I will say that after my experience with the shot(s) there is no way in hell I'm going to take a "booster".  I'll take my chances instead.

Pfizer or Moderna?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 10:50 PM by Lucky2Last.)

What's this mean, FSG?

https://www.journalofinfection.com/artic...edArticles

In conclusion, ADE may occur in people receiving vaccines based on the original Wuhan strain spike sequence (either mRNA or viral vectors) and then exposed to a Delta variant. Although this potential risk has been cleverly anticipated before the massive use of Covid-19 vaccines6, the ability of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies to mediate infection enhancement in vivo has never been formally demonstrated. However, although the results obtained so far have been rather reassuring1, to the best of our knowledge ADE of Delta variants has not been specifically assessed. Since our data indicate that Delta variants are especially well recognized by infection enhancing antibodies targeting the NTD, the possibility of ADE should be further investigated as it may represent a potential risk for mass vaccination during the current Delta variant pandemic. In this respect, second generation vaccines7 with spike protein formulations lacking structurally-conserved ADE-related epitopes should be considered.

I don't think we are there with Delta, but it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that we need a few seasons of Covid variants under our belts before rolling out a global vaccine, just in case a variant decides to be a pill. Stop drinking the cool-aid, man. The prudent decision is caution.

(08-12-2021, 10:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's this mean, FSG?

In conclusion, ADE may occur in people receiving vaccines based on the original Wuhan strain spike sequence (either mRNA or viral vectors) and then exposed to a Delta variant. Although this potential risk has been cleverly anticipated before the massive use of Covid-19 vaccines6, the ability of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies to mediate infection enhancement in vivo has never been formally demonstrated. However, although the results obtained so far have been rather reassuring1, to the best of our knowledge ADE of Delta variants has not been specifically assessed. Since our data indicate that Delta variants are especially well recognized by infection enhancing antibodies targeting the NTD, the possibility of ADE should be further investigated as it may represent a potential risk for mass vaccination during the current Delta variant pandemic. In this respect, second generation vaccines7 with spike protein formulations lacking structurally-conserved ADE-related epitopes should be considered.

I don't think we are there with Delta, but it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that we need a few seasons of Covid variants under our belts before rolling out a global vaccine, just in case a variant decides to be a pill. Stop drinking the cool-aid, man. The prudent decision is caution.
Worst case it means you have to keep getting a booster to stay alive as your duration continues to get shorter.

If you use factchecker as a source though you aren't open to non-sponsered studies. Check the financials of the fact checkers and see the cross overs to who is making money from the vaccines.

More treatments are in the works that may actually stop it. European country has a patient for a nose spray that is basically hcq, ivermectin, and zinc in a slightly tweaked formula to make it new. Pfizer is working on a pill ..... I'm sure we'll find out it's just reformulated hcq and ivermectin in a $100 per pill price or more.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

[Image: vaccine-fraud-voter-id.jpg]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-12-2021, 06:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why do you want a vaccine so badly? The only country that really hasn't been hit hard by delta is Sweden. It also happens to be one of the few Western countries that just let it run it's course (until the media eventually bullied them into a mask mandate). Which means they probably got closer than any first world country to getting herd immunity. They did end up getting a significant portion of their population vaccinated, though, so you can probably find your answer there. America's scientific institutions are [BLEEP]. Israel seems to be way ahead of the curve for legit information.

Sweden has a higher deaths per 100k than any of their neighbors, so that whole story of their success seems to be fading out. Unless you think that their high vaccination rate is creating these deaths? I want the vaccine to work because millions of people have perished because of this virus, a majority of them who would still be alive had they been vaccinated. Terrible I know.

(08-12-2021, 10:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's this mean, FSG?

It means that there were ADE concerns in the development of the vaccine that the team worked to mitigate as with every other vaccine?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

C'mon, dude. Don't miss the point.

(08-13-2021, 09:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: C'mon, dude. Don't miss the point.

The point is that there's a known risk associated with vaccination that the researchers worked to mitigate. We now have more information, information that is still in pre-review and qualified by the researchers in question with "maybe" and "might" statements, that will need follow up.

No [BLEEP]. I know the researchers went into the vaccine trying to mitigate the risks of ADE. However, the possibility exists that the right variant could cause ADE in vaccine patients that have not already been exposed to the virus. That is not an equal concern? We need generals in the health care community and you guys are not leading. You're following. I want the healthcare community to start acknowledging that there are unknowns with this virus, and until we know them, to stop trying to force everyone to take it.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 01:03 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-0.../figures/2

We can talk about how to find sources later and the difference between peer reviewed research, preprints and news. But for now that graphic tells you what you need to know about natural immunity vs vaccine vs natural plus vaccine.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Somebody tell Ronster to polish his boycott boots.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/142593...92677?s=20

(08-13-2021, 12:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No [BLEEP]. I know the researchers went into the vaccine trying to mitigate the risks of ADE. However, the possibility exists that the right variant could cause ADE in vaccine patients that have not already been exposed to the virus. That is not an equal concern? We need generals in the health care community and you guys are not leading. You're following. I want the healthcare community to start acknowledging that there are unknowns with this virus, and until we know them, to stop trying to force everyone to take it.

That possibility always exists, in every vaccine. We're hearing about it now because it's being evaluated, as with every vaccine. So no, it's evidently not an equal concern, especially considering that the research you cited was done on people with the Delta variant and yet we don't have any cases of ADE on which to do further research. It's seems to be a minor concern looking for someone to treat it as major.

(08-13-2021, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Somebody tell Ronster to polish his boycott boots.

What if you get COVID after the 72 hours?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 01:34 PM by WingerDinger.)

(08-13-2021, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Somebody tell Ronster to polish his boycott boots.

So does that mean if you're vaccinated and attend an event there and catch covid, you can sue?

Since ya know, a vax card basically means covid free, right?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-13-2021, 01:02 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-0.../figures/2

We can talk about how to find sources later and the difference between peer reviewed research, preprints and news. But for now that graphic tells you what you need to know about natural immunity vs vaccine vs natural plus vaccine.

Let's not pretend like we are getting a lot of quality, peer-reviewed science on Covid. Peer review has been broken way before Covid, but we can save that for another day. 

However, to your point, I have already complained about this repeatedly in this thread. T-cells are not being given enough credit for the role they play in combatting this virus. Almost every study I've seen that favors vaccines in ONLY looking at antibody responses. My evidence for this is the fact that even though it's CLEAR from these charts that the unvaccinated convalescent clearly have less antibodies, they are not contracting Covid at a greater rate than the vaccinated. So what's the mitigating factor? I believe it's T-cells. I'm open to you explaining why this is incorrect.