Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(08-23-2020, 01:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 12:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm picturing you taking off all your clothes and walking back out into your yard.

LOL.  Somewhat...  I put on a pair of jorts and my flip-flops.  It certainly was not a pretty sight.

You don't need a shot or something if you get bitten?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2020, 04:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 01:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Somewhat...  I put on a pair of jorts and my flip-flops.  It certainly was not a pretty sight.

You don't need a shot or something if you get bitten?

No, not for just a few bites like I got.  I just swell up for a couple of days and the areas of the bites gets "hot".  I had "marshmallow hands" and a swollen ankle this past weekend.  I imagine if I got a lot more bites or bit in critical areas I might have to get some kind of treatment.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-24-2020, 07:28 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 04:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: You don't need a shot or something if you get bitten?

No, not for just a few bites like I got.  I just swell up for a couple of days and the areas of the bites gets "hot".  I had "marshmallow hands" and a swollen ankle this past weekend.  I imagine if I got a lot more bites or bit in critical areas I might have to get some kind of treatment.

Damn, well glad you noticed it quickly then.

Always feminine pad commercial. All brands used to use blue dye to demonstrate their product’s superiority. But this commercial is using red dye. I really could have gone without that.

(08-27-2020, 06:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Always feminine pad commercial.  All brands used to use blue dye to demonstrate their product’s superiority.  But this commercial is using red dye.  I really could have gone without that.

I’ll see your feminine pad and raise you a Knix period / flop sweat underwear commercial! One of the chicks on it actually says her drawers smell good at the end of the day! Sick
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-27-2020, 06:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 06:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Always feminine pad commercial.  All brands used to use blue dye to demonstrate their product’s superiority.  But this commercial is using red dye.  I really could have gone without that.

I’ll see your feminine pad and raise you a Knix period / flop sweat underwear commercial! One of the chicks on it actually says her drawers smell good at the end of the day! Sick

You win.  But I admit I was grossed out at “flop sweat”.  Not quite sure what that is, but I can use my imagination and I don’t care for it.

(08-27-2020, 06:57 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 06:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ll see your feminine pad and raise you a Knix period / flop sweat underwear commercial! One of the chicks on it actually says her drawers smell good at the end of the day! Sick

You win.  But I admit I was grossed out at “flop sweat”.  Not quite sure what that is, but I can use my imagination and I don’t care for it.

These things are why I'm 100% glad we stream television. No commercials to gross me out. But I did see a very large man in a Depends ad in a magazine. He was wearing only Depends. I just wasn't expecting that. Lol.

I'm really digging the Beaver Toyota commercials on 1010XL.

First it was the introduction of the "Beaver Care" program.

Then they topped it with the "Beaver Care at Home" program where you don't even have to come to the dealership to get serviced!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-28-2020, 01:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm really digging the Beaver Toyota commercials on 1010XL.

Then they topped it with the "Beaver Care at Home" program where you don't even have to come to the dealership to get serviced!

"Nice Beaver Toyota!"

"Thanks, I just filled it up."

(08-28-2020, 07:46 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 01:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm really digging the Beaver Toyota commercials on 1010XL.

"Nice Beaver Toyota!"

"Thanks, I just filled it up."

The matron who does the commercials should really have a first name of Sharon.

If I buy a convertible, do I get a free topless car wash?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

When you're boarding or deplaning, they insist you stand six feet from the person in front of you. Yet I'm sitting on a full airplane inches from a complete stranger. What sense does that make?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Wives. They give you advice, and you know that if you don't take that advice, and anything at all goes wrong in any way, they will never let you forget that you didn't take their advice. So you take the road of least resistance and do what they advise you to do, and after a while, you realize, you've been trained. It's a long slow process and you don't realize what's happening until it's already happened.

(08-31-2020, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wives.  They give you advice, and you know that if you don't take that advice, and anything at all goes wrong in any way, they will never let you forget that you didn't take their advice.  So you take the road of least resistance and do what they advise you to do, and after a while, you realize, you've been trained.  It's a long slow process and you don't realize what's happening until it's already happened.

Are you a Stepford husband?

(08-30-2020, 07:20 PM)Rico Wrote: When you're boarding or deplaning, they insist you stand six feet from the person in front of you.  Yet I'm sitting on a full airplane inches from a complete stranger.  What sense does that make?

As much as any of the other nonsense we're putting up with right now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

*sigh* Another drive-thru experience with the wife again today.

(09-07-2020, 06:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: *sigh* Another drive-thru experience with the wife again today.

You must enjoy torture.

(09-07-2020, 06:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: *sigh* Another drive-thru experience with the wife again today.

Help is on the way.  Some fast-food franchises are designing new buildouts with two drive-thru lanes, one for interactive ordering and one exclusively for online.  

Of course, finding yourself pulled over to the side of the road 100 yards away for 20 minutes while ordering may prove equally frustrating.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 07:35 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-07-2020, 06:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

You must enjoy torture.

It was exquisite for her because drive-thru guy had us on hold for about 30 seconds. That gave her even more time to reconsider options. And right on time, at the instant the voice in the speaker sparked to life, she started talking in my other ear with her new choices and questions. I finally did what I should have been doing all along, I leaned back and let her talk to the speaker.

(09-07-2020, 06:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Help is on the way.  Some fast-food franchises are designing new buildouts with two drive-thru lanes, one for interactive ordering and one exclusively for online.  

Of course, finding yourself pulled over to the side of the road 100 yards away for 20 minutes while ordering may prove equally frustrating.

We've done this and I prefer it. The order has been sent, the die is cast and she can't reconsider.

Getting stung by a wasp when you are allergic before an important weekend fixing tractors.

I got stung Thursday night while letting my dog in.  The sucker got me on the right hand (my dominant hand).  It swelled up pretty good yesterday (Friday) and increased overnight to today.  My hand/arm from my elbow to my hand is /was almost twice the normal size.  I had to get a tractor and some equipment repaired today.  I was able to do it, but it was difficult trying to use my left hand more than my right.

PSA:  If you are allergic to insect stings get an EpiPen.  That's on my list of things to do.  This was just one sting that affected me more than normal.  Should I get a few stings, especially in a critical area it would not be good.  After icing it down some this afternoon I can finally see my knuckles again.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.