Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(08-07-2020, 08:07 AM)Rico Wrote: When you get a bunch of bills in change and they're all facing different directions.

Also when you get bills out of an ATM that are brand new and you can't separate them and you go to lick your fingers and poke your mask into your mouth and the lining making you spit into your mask and then people yell at you for taking it off and then you have to tell back and all you wanted was some money to pay your dealer for some stress relief.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Single ply toilet paper.

My third coffee of the morning just caught up to me in the Philadelphia airport.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-09-2020, 10:48 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Single ply toilet paper.

My third coffee of the morning just caught up to me in the Philadelphia airport.

Geez, and those aren't the nicest facilities either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Philly and Kansas City are probably the two worst airports in the country, in my opinion.

Idiots driving 40-45 mph in a 55 mph zone on a 2 lane highway with a line of vehicles behind them.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-09-2020, 03:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Philly and Kansas City are probably the two worst airports in the country, in my opinion.

Have you been through LAX?

(08-09-2020, 08:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 03:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Philly and Kansas City are probably the two worst airports in the country, in my opinion.

Have you been through LAX?

Yes, a few times. I didn't think it was that bad. Mostly for connecting flights through the international terminal, a couple of times domestic. Still, it seemed like a pretty decent airport.

(08-09-2020, 10:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 08:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Have you been through LAX?

Yes, a few times. I didn't think it was that bad. Mostly for connecting flights through the international terminal, a couple of times domestic. Still, it seemed like a pretty decent airport.

It's my least favorite by far but I haven't flown through nearly as many states as I'm thinking you have. 

Arriving is pretty good. Departing is hell. 

Internationally Cabo is hard to beat now, they lined the airport with cabana bars  Banana

(08-10-2020, 04:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 10:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes, a few times. I didn't think it was that bad. Mostly for connecting flights through the international terminal, a couple of times domestic. Still, it seemed like a pretty decent airport.

It's my least favorite by far but I haven't flown through nearly as many states as I'm thinking you have. 

Internationally Cabo is hard to beat now, they lined the airport with cabana bars  Banana

And here I thought the Atlanta airport was nice.

(08-10-2020, 04:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 10:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes, a few times. I didn't think it was that bad. Mostly for connecting flights through the international terminal, a couple of times domestic. Still, it seemed like a pretty decent airport.

Did someone say Cabo??? Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-07-2020, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 08:07 AM)Rico Wrote: When you get a bunch of bills in change and they're all facing different directions.

Also when you get bills out of an ATM that are brand new and you can't separate them and you go to lick your fingers and poke your mask into your mouth and the lining making you spit into your mask and then people yell at you for taking it off and then you have to tell back and all you wanted was some money to pay your dealer for some stress relief.

First thing dad ever did when stepping away from the bank teller's counter (hey, this was when I was a kid, ok?) was crinkle up the fresh bills. I asked one day why, since I thought crisp biills were faincy. Crinkling prevents sticking together, no gross saliva transfer needed.

(08-12-2020, 08:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Also when you get bills out of an ATM that are brand new and you can't separate them and you go to lick your fingers and poke your mask into your mouth and the lining making you spit into your mask and then people yell at you for taking it off and then you have to tell back and all you wanted was some money to pay your dealer for some stress relief.

First thing dad ever did when stepping away from the bank teller's counter (hey, this was when I was a kid, ok?) was crinkle up the fresh bills. I asked one day why, since I thought crisp biills were faincy. Crinkling prevents sticking together, no gross saliva transfer needed.

Lol, saliva is the nicest thing that's on most currency.

(08-12-2020, 10:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: First thing dad ever did when stepping away from the bank teller's counter (hey, this was when I was a kid, ok?) was crinkle up the fresh bills. I asked one day why, since I thought crisp biills were faincy. Crinkling prevents sticking together, no gross saliva transfer needed.

Lol, saliva is the nicest thing that's on most currency.

My favorite thing on currency is at least two zeroes in succession

(08-13-2020, 09:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 10:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, saliva is the nicest thing that's on most currency.

My favorite thing on currency is at least two zeroes in succession

[Image: 3452949826_e3f0a7d109_n.jpg]

Watching guys teach their wives/girlfriends how to swing a golf club. Just…don’t. It never turns out well.

This annoyance really isn't "trivial" to me since I am allergic.  FIRE ANTS!!!  I went to get something out of my truck.  I stood there for all of 5-10 seconds and walked back into the house.  All of the sudden I'm covered with fire ants and getting bitten.  After shedding my clothes and going out to check, sure enough there was a huge nest next to my truck that I never saw (I really need to cut my grass).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-20-2020, 06:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This annoyance really isn't "trivial" to me since I am allergic.  FIRE ANTS!!!  I went to get something out of my truck.  I stood there for all of 5-10 seconds and walked back into the house.  All of the sudden I'm covered with fire ants and getting bitten.  After shedding my clothes and going out to check, sure enough there was a huge nest next to my truck that I never saw (I really need to cut my grass).

When my oldest daughter was just a diaper clad toddler, she sat or fell directly on a fire ant hill. I heard her screaming and saw them crawling all over her legs. I snatched her up and ran in the house and as I was pulling her diapers off while headed down the hallway to the bathroom they were crawling up my arms and biting the hell out of me. After rinsing them off in the bathtub the rash of bites around the diaper line of her upper legs was concerning. We gave her antihistamines and she slept it off while we kept an eye on her. She suffered well over a hundred bites. In hindsight it probably would have been best to take her to the ER, but I figured they would just knock her out with antihistamines too. 

Allergies are scary. An older guy in good health and physique who worked out at my old gym died after picking up a board that was covered in ants. The guy looked like he would live forever. It was a shock for everyone.

My wife’s willingness to wait in line, especially for a restaurant. If I have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes I’ll find some place else. She can see a line stretching to a vanishing point and will patiently stand at the end. Dammit, she needs to be more impatient and impulsive like me.

(08-20-2020, 06:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This annoyance really isn't "trivial" to me since I am allergic.  FIRE ANTS!!!  I went to get something out of my truck.  I stood there for all of 5-10 seconds and walked back into the house.  All of the sudden I'm covered with fire ants and getting bitten.  After shedding my clothes and going out to check, sure enough there was a huge nest next to my truck that I never saw (I really need to cut my grass).

I'm picturing you taking off all your clothes and walking back out into your yard.

(08-23-2020, 12:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I'm picturing you taking off all your clothes and walking back out into your yard.

LOL.  Somewhat...  I put on a pair of jorts and my flip-flops.  It certainly was not a pretty sight.