Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What has happened to our once vaunted defense?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 03:17 PM by JagFan81.)

Okay, just spitballing here.

Besides Dareus and Campbell, we dont have a lot of power guys up front, we are more speed. Our LB's cant shed O-line blocks easily. 

I know we are 4-3 but what if we dropped an LB for an extra DT when we cant stop the run. Have a 5 man front, matchup man for man on Oline and we just need 1 person to win their battle. We have Allen, Dareus, Bryan, Campbell, Ngakoue. 

Just an idea, now tear away!!

(10-08-2019, 01:32 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 12:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are you suggesting he should not cover the TE?  Who should cover the TE on that play?  He was the LB closest to that side of the field. 

You say, "Do your job..." but what was his job?  That's what I'd like to know.  Why did he move toward the TE?

If the Panthers knew that motioning the TE toward that side if the field would cause Jack to think he had to cover the TE, then I guess Darius was right and they pencil-whipped us.

That was 56's gap. 56 overpursued into the safeties gap and got sealed off by the guard.
Myles is covering for 56 and I appreciate his leadership on that. Myles shouldve better recognized the run and come off the TE, but thats a tough ask.

It looked like cover 3

Good shout. William's got pulled in the 2nd half. There seemed to be some confusion before the snap with the LB's and Jack bit on the TE and went left, William's overpursued and went right and the hole was even bigger.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has happened to our once vaunted defense? - by JagFan81 - 10-08-2019, 03:13 PM