Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 09:22 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Etienne is a very explosive running back who would get 15-20 touches a game, as opposed to Carlos Hyde.

You could say the same about a guy like Trey Sermon, Gainwell, and many others, and they aren't going at 25.

Etienne may be value today. My first rounders are picked with the vision of 2 and 3 years from now. If there's a quality tackle on the board, I am taking the tackle every single time. JRob just proved that you can get quality play from RB either late in a darft or even after all the picks have been made.

I think Etienne would end up starting over Robinson.  He's bigger, more explosive, and a better receiver.  I also think he would help make Lawrence more comfortable because he knows he is a reliable receiver, and TL utilized Etienne quite a bit as a receiver out of the backfield on check downs/dump offs.

But I agree there are other positions that should take priority over RB in the first round, and I'm not one of those who believe RB should never be taken in the first.

(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He would be an unpopular pick, at least until he hit the field.

For me right now, the worst possible pick would be Rousseau.

the worst plausible pick to me would be JOK, I just don't see him fitting in a 3-4 unless we play him at safety.

JOK is a good player, but like you said, he is a bad fit in a 3-4, unless you convert him to S.  Though there are numerous people who have successfully converted to S from LBm I am not inclined to make such a risky investment at 25 or 33.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
Black and Teal - by Black and Teal - 03-21-2021, 04:57 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 04-05-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bullseye - 04-05-2021, 12:27 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by flgatorsandjags - 04-05-2021, 04:17 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bullseye - 04-05-2021, 06:36 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by jaguarmvp - 04-05-2021, 08:36 PM
RE: So where do we go in the first round/draft plan? - by Bullseye - 04-08-2021, 09:18 PM
Jags32250 - by Jags32250 - 04-07-2021, 12:55 PM