Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

(04-07-2021, 09:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 02:03 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I always liked Prisco.

Quick question.   If a quality LT like Teven Jenkins is available, do we use the 25th pick on him?  By franchising Cam Robinson, are we signaling that he is our future LT?  What if Jenkins outplays Robinson, and our franchise-tagged player winds up sitting on the bench?

With regard to the question, I absolutely use 25 on him. He starts day 1 at RT, and Taylor is left to battle Cann for the RG position. Cam starts at LT this year, and should he get hurt, we can wither reshuffle the line with Jenkins at LT, or leave him in place and see what one of the backups do at LT.

If Jenkins eventually transitions to LT, great, but if not we've already fixed half the problem on the line and can either look to FA or next year's darft to keep building.

It's this exact scenario that makes me question any mock that has RB at 25.

Etienne is a very explosive running back who would get 15-20 touches a game, as opposed to Carlos Hyde.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-06-2021, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 03:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Marvin Jones and S. Griffin were good signings, and the Malcolm Brown trade was a good one.

You're right, I was being a little hyperbolic. Marvin Jones and the Brown trade were good and so was bringing back Sydney Jones. I think Griffin and the rest of FA were not, and keeping Warhop and franchising Cam were abysmal.
So what would you have done at LT this off-season?

What's more important? A quality OL earlier in draft or Cornerback?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-07-2021, 01:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: What's more important? A quality OL earlier in draft or Cornerback?

What's most important is taking great players regardless of what position they play. Time for the Jaguars to put on the big boy pants and start thinking about the future.

(04-07-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:00 AM)Mikey Wrote: With regard to the question, I absolutely use 25 on him. He starts day 1 at RT, and Taylor is left to battle Cann for the RG position. Cam starts at LT this year, and should he get hurt, we can wither reshuffle the line with Jenkins at LT, or leave him in place and see what one of the backups do at LT.

If Jenkins eventually transitions to LT, great, but if not we've already fixed half the problem on the line and can either look to FA or next year's darft to keep building.

Etienne is a very explosive running back who would get 15-20 touches a game, as opposed to Carlos Hyde.

Please let this Etienne in the 1st round talk die already. What a disaster pick that'd be. Likely the worst possible pick this team could make.

(04-07-2021, 01:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: What's more important? A quality OL earlier in draft or Cornerback?

Who ever your highest rated player is, is who you should take

(04-07-2021, 06:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Etienne is a very explosive running back who would get 15-20 touches a game, as opposed to Carlos Hyde.

Please let this Etienne in the 1st round talk die already. What a disaster pick that'd be. Likely the worst possible pick this team could make.

He would be an unpopular pick, at least until he hit the field.

For me right now, the worst possible pick would be Rousseau.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 09:47 PM by jaguarmvp.)

We don't need a tailback in the first round. We already have robinson and decent backups can be found in later rounds. I am all in on offensive tackle in round one at 25 if available.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-07-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:00 AM)Mikey Wrote: With regard to the question, I absolutely use 25 on him. He starts day 1 at RT, and Taylor is left to battle Cann for the RG position. Cam starts at LT this year, and should he get hurt, we can wither reshuffle the line with Jenkins at LT, or leave him in place and see what one of the backups do at LT.

You could say the same about a guy like Trey Sermon, Gainwell, and many others, and they aren't going at 25.

Etienne may be value today. My first rounders are picked with the vision of 2 and 3 years from now. If there's a quality tackle on the board, I am taking the tackle every single time. JRob just proved that you can get quality play from RB either late in a darft or even after all the picks have been made.

(04-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Etienne is a very explosive running back who would get 15-20 touches a game, as opposed to Carlos Hyde.

You could say the same about a guy like Trey Sermon, Gainwell, and many others, and they aren't going at 25.

Etienne may be value today. My first rounders are picked with the vision of 2 and 3 years from now. If there's a quality tackle on the board, I am taking the tackle every single time. JRob just proved that you can get quality play from RB either late in a darft or even after all the picks have been made.

Right. There are very few scenarios for teams where taking a running back in the first round makes any sense. It's just too cheap and easy to get a guy who can do a reasonable job at the position if the rest of your team is decent. The Jaguars are not in one of those scenarios and I don't see an Adrian Peterson in this draft, either.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 08:17 AM by Mikey.)

in terms of positional value?

OL. easily. Your OL will be involved in every play, whether run or pass, and is charged with keeping your franchise QB upright (assuming you have one).

Look at the Chiefs' loss in the SB. Mahomes looked lost out there because his line was broken. They didn't lose because their CBs were bad. The day after the game, I saw a graphic comparing the movement of each QB after the snap on pass plays. Mahomes' graph looked like a kindergartener's doodle all over the page. TB's was roughly a straight line, dead center, only a few yards from start to finish based on dropbacks and stepping around to avoid a rush.

(04-07-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 06:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Please let this Etienne in the 1st round talk die already. What a disaster pick that'd be. Likely the worst possible pick this team could make.

He would be an unpopular pick, at least until he hit the field.

the worst plausible pick to me would be JOK, I just don't see him fitting in a 3-4 unless we play him at safety.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 08:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:

OL. easily. Your OL will be involved in every play, whether run or pass, and is charged with keeping your franchise QB upright (assuming you have one).

Look at the Chiefs' loss in the SB. Mahomes looked lost out there because his line was broken. They didn't lose because their CBs were bad. The day after the game, I saw a graphic comparing the movement of each QB after the snap on pass plays. Mahomes' graph looked like a kindergartener's doodle all over the page. TB's was roughly a straight line, dead center, only a few yards from start to finish based on dropbacks and stepping around to avoid a rush.

(04-07-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He would be an unpopular pick, at least until he hit the field.

the worst plausible pick to me would be JOK, I just don't see him fitting in a 3-4 unless we play him at safety.

Some on here want Rondale Moore and JOK, would likely be the 2 smallest players in the league at their positions.  I know those guys are fast but I don't want a team that will get bullied.  If we drafted one of those guys in the 3rd or 4th I'd be good but not so early with the talent that will be available

I also think sometimes people forget the RBs we have in this division.

(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:

(04-07-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He would be an unpopular pick, at least until he hit the field.

I agree, we have a rookie QB who everyone is going to gun for. Our QB's have a bad habit of developing happy feet after 6 weeks of playing here. PROTECT THE FUTURE!! That QB needs/deserves to be protected.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-08-2021, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: in terms of positional value?

Some on here want Rondale Moore and JOK, would likely be the 2 smallest players in the league at their positions.  I know those guys are fast but I don't want a team that will get bullied.  If we drafted one of those guys in the 3rd or 4th I'd be good but not so early with the talent that will be available

If you think Rondale Moore gets bullied, then you haven't seen him play.

(04-08-2021, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some on here want Rondale Moore and JOK, would likely be the 2 smallest players in the league at their positions.  I know those guys are fast but I don't want a team that will get bullied.  If we drafted one of those guys in the 3rd or 4th I'd be good but not so early with the talent that will be available

If you think Rondale Moore gets bullied, then you haven't seen him play.

I've seen him play in college, this is the NFL.  The players are much bigger.  He isnt MJD, he will be getting met by much bigger players in the Pros.  He's already had a problems staying healthy in college.

(04-08-2021, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If you think Rondale Moore gets bullied, then you haven't seen him play.

I've seen him play in college, this is the NFL.  The players are much bigger.  He isnt MJD, he will be getting met by much bigger players in the Pros.  He's already had a problems staying healthy in college.

Hard pass on drafting gadget players in the first round. Take a flier on some speedsters later. First round isn't the time to get cute. 

Draft philosophy should be get the big uglies on both lines or blue chippers who meet all the measurables at their respective positions.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

As much as I'd love ETN, there's much bigger holes to fill with that pick.. I'd love to see an OT taken there..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 03:49 PM by Eric1.)

(04-08-2021, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: in terms of positional value?

Don't you want/like Elijah Moore? He's only 5'9 178.. Rondale is 5'7 180. Rondale is also more explosive, faster and stronger than Elijah is. So if you think Rondale is gonna get bullied in the NFL, you must also think Elijah is going to get bullied. 

Also what about Smith? He admitted he only weighs 170, and that's probably being generous considering he refused to weigh in at Bama's pro day. No where near as fast as either of the Moores and lighter than them, so he'll probably be bullied even harder right?

(04-08-2021, 01:39 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I've seen him play in college, this is the NFL.  The players are much bigger.  He isnt MJD, he will be getting met by much bigger players in the Pros.  He's already had a problems staying healthy in college.

Hard pass on drafting gadget players in the first round. Take a flier on some speedsters later. First round isn't the time to get cute. 

Draft philosophy should be get the big uglies on both lines or blue chippers who meet all the measurables at their respective positions.

Agreed

(04-08-2021, 03:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some on here want Rondale Moore and JOK, would likely be the 2 smallest players in the league at their positions.  I know those guys are fast but I don't want a team that will get bullied.  If we drafted one of those guys in the 3rd or 4th I'd be good but not so early with the talent that will be available

Don't you want/like Elijah Moore? He's only 5'9 178.. Rondale is 5'7 180. Rondale is also more explosive, faster and stronger than Elijah is. So if you think Rondale is gonna get bullied in the NFL, you must also think Elijah is going to get bullied. 

Also what about Smith? He admitted he only weighs 170, and that's probably being generous considering he refused to weigh in at Bama's pro day. No where near as fast as either of the Moores and lighter than them, so he'll probably be bullied even harder right?
Different playing styles, yiu should go watch them all play.  I'd like Rondale just not so early.  He is a gadget player that has had a problem staying healthy.  The same people want JOK as well, he'd be a guy without a position in a 3-4.  Good players but no thank you.  Rondale and JOK will be 2 of the smallest at their positions