Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls for Protest as his arrest is rumored Tuesday

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 10:45 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-01-2023, 09:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 09:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think people who post on this message board are like most people- there is very little attempt to understand why someone else feels the way they do, except for the purpose of finding a weakness in the other person.   It's comforting to think "I am right and everyone else is wrong."  And to that end, we actively reinforce our own views, which is just mental masturbation.  

The one thing that does irritate me is the drive-by insults- people just popping into the conversation to insult someone, and that's all they do.  That's just weak.  I also think that when someone accuses someone else of "acting superior," they are projecting their own self-image into the other person's head.  You think he's "acting superior" because you feel inferior.  

But we're just like the rest of society right now- we've all got our fists up, defending our point of view with no attempt to understand things from the point of view of the other person.

I am going to try to graduate to the level of the curious person and not the defensive person.  It might not fit very well around here, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Would you quit whining already? You've made it abundantly clear that you despise Trump and his voters. Did you ever stop and think that maybe some people don't like being talked down to? Made to feel inferior because of our choice of candidate? 

It's like we're labeled 'Far Right' because of our choice in Trump. Like we want to go out and just destroy people and things because we don't see eye to eye. So we're already thought upon as scum and trash in most people's eyes who don't agree with our choice. But, do you see it bothering me? In truth, it does a little bit. But not to the point of wanting a civil war over it. 

Words only hurt if you let them and not everyone is out to get you. Maybe start letting things roll off of your shoulders a little more. You may get invited to more parties.

Signed,

A White Trash Trump Supporter..

p.s.. My fists are only up and shakin when kids walk across my grass. Kentucky Blue is expensive.

"Made to feel inferior" is a curious choice of words.  Has anyone actually made you feel inferior?  Or have they just tried to make you feel inferior?  

By the way, I don't despise Trump voters.  Some of them are friends of mine.  At least two that I can think of are very close friends.  Actually, now that I think about it, there are a whole bunch of Trump voters in my circle of family and friends.  I don't despise them at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2023, 10:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 09:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Would you quit whining already? You've made it abundantly clear that you despise Trump and his voters. Did you ever stop and think that maybe some people don't like being talked down to? Made to feel inferior because of our choice of candidate? 

It's like we're labeled 'Far Right' because of our choice in Trump. Like we want to go out and just destroy people and things because we don't see eye to eye. So we're already thought upon as scum and trash in most people's eyes who don't agree with our choice. But, do you see it bothering me? In truth, it does a little bit. But not to the point of wanting a civil war over it. 

Words only hurt if you let them and not everyone is out to get you. Maybe start letting things roll off of your shoulders a little more. You may get invited to more parties.

Signed,

A White Trash Trump Supporter..

p.s.. My fists are only up and shakin when kids walk across my grass. Kentucky Blue is expensive.

"Made to feel inferior" is a curious choice of words.  Has anyone actually made you feel inferior?  Or have they just tried to make you feel inferior?  

By the way, I don't despise Trump voters.  Some of them are friends of mine.  At least two that I can think of are very close friends.

Jeez Marty..  Your last paragraph. If you replace 'Trump Voters' with 'Black People' you might be called racist lol

One or two lolol

Congratulations?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-01-2023, 10:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 10:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: "Made to feel inferior" is a curious choice of words.  Has anyone actually made you feel inferior?  Or have they just tried to make you feel inferior?  

By the way, I don't despise Trump voters.  Some of them are friends of mine.  At least two that I can think of are very close friends.

Jeez Marty..  Your last paragraph. If you replace 'Trump Voters' with 'Black People' you might be called racist lol

One or two lolol

Congratulations?

Well, in my defense, I do have a good number of friends, but not many close friends.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 11:19 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-01-2023, 11:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 10:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Jeez Marty..  Your last paragraph. If you replace 'Trump Voters' with 'Black People' you might be called racist lol

One or two lolol

Congratulations?

Well, in my defense, I do have a good number of friends, but not many close friends.

You can change that Marty!! Very easy to do..

I can be your friend if ya want! As long as you don't mind me being a Trump supporter!

And being of Irish/Polynesian descent.. 

Don't ask. I get looks lol

I use up all my empathy in the Real World. I have none left for here, this is where I relax.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 11:36 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

I've never called anyone white trash.
But a lot of folks here do talk like they "want to go out and destroy people just because they don't see eye to eye." And all of those people are Trump supporters. On this forum anyhow.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-01-2023, 11:35 AM)mikesez Wrote: I've never called anyone white trash. 
But a lot of folks here do talk like they "want to go out and destroy people just because they don't see eye to eye." And all of those people are Trump supporters. On this forum anyhow.

Has anyone ever said that they were going to go out and reak destruction and devastation on here?

Because they should have been banned for incitement..

And who the hell let you out of your closet?

Need better locks..

Disingenuous people are the worst kind of people.

(04-01-2023, 11:54 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Disingenuous people are the worst kind of people.

Are they really?  I would think murderers, rapists, and child molesters are the worst kind of people.   Disingenuous would be way down the list.

I think this perception that I'm disingenuous may be generational.
I was taught that if you can't explain something to a younger and less experienced person, you don't really know it. Sometimes when we try to explain something we think we know, we realize there is a hole in our knowledge. I've experienced it many times. If I ask you a question, and you suspect I already know most of the answer, it's because I'm trying to get you to realize that you don't really know what you think you know. And I don't do it to brag. Often the thing is unknowable, so I don't know it either.

(04-01-2023, 03:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think this perception that I'm disingenuous may be generational.
I was taught that if you can't explain something to a younger and less experienced person, you don't really know it.  Sometimes when we try to explain something we think we know, we realize there is a hole in our knowledge. I've experienced it many times.  If I ask you a question, and you suspect I already know most of the answer, it's because I'm trying to get you to realize that you don't really know what you think you know.  And I don't do it to brag.  Often the thing is unknowable, so I don't know it either.

It's your arrogance that assumes other people need you to enlighten them. You always place yourself in that role hence most people don't care for you. And when you claim something to be unknowable you place yourself as the final arbiter of knowledge, something that, again, is an expression of arrogance.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2023, 04:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 03:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think this perception that I'm disingenuous may be generational.
I was taught that if you can't explain something to a younger and less experienced person, you don't really know it.  Sometimes when we try to explain something we think we know, we realize there is a hole in our knowledge. I've experienced it many times.  If I ask you a question, and you suspect I already know most of the answer, it's because I'm trying to get you to realize that you don't really know what you think you know.  And I don't do it to brag.  Often the thing is unknowable, so I don't know it either.

It's your arrogance that assumes other people need you to enlighten them. You always place yourself in that role hence most people don't care for you. And when you claim something to be unknowable you place yourself as the final arbiter of knowledge, something that, again, is an expression of arrogance.

If you're saying something false, you need correction.  
That can be either "you're wrong" which is never going to convince you, or "explain why you're right," which might convince you, or, in the off chance that you're not actually wrong, convince me.

But thanks for more of that armchair psychology, boss!

(04-01-2023, 05:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 04:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's your arrogance that assumes other people need you to enlighten them. You always place yourself in that role hence most people don't care for you. And when you claim something to be unknowable you place yourself as the final arbiter of knowledge, something that, again, is an expression of arrogance.

If you're saying something false, you need correction.  
That can be either "you're wrong" which is never going to convince you, or "explain why you're right," which might convince you, or, in the off chance that you're not actually wrong, convince me.

He's not wrong.. Maybe you should step out of your bubble for a bit and take a look at the bigger picture.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 06:17 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-01-2023, 05:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 05:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you're saying something false, you need correction.  

He's not wrong.. Maybe you should step out of your bubble for a bit and take a look at the bigger picture.

This is me stepping out of the bubble and looking at the bigger picture, trying to see if maybe I'm wrong about things.  You call it disingenuous.

(04-01-2023, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 05:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: He's not wrong.. Maybe you should step out of your bubble for a bit and take a look at the bigger picture.

This is me stepping out of the bubble and looking at the bigger picture, trying to see if maybe I'm wrong about things.  You call it disingenuous.

No, Americus called it disingenuous. I call it asinine.

Maybe try to use a little Windex.. Your ignorance is really unabated at this point. Not every topic, arguement or discussion needs to be Mikesezplained..

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 07:11 PM by mikesez.)

(03-31-2023, 06:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Facts not in evidence, he says. Lol. Welp, show me the data then.

The data isn't pertinent to the conversation. 
The changes in crime rates that may or may not happen as a result of local elections are not going to change the role America's role in the world, militarily or economically, are they?

(04-01-2023, 06:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: This is me stepping out of the bubble and looking at the bigger picture, trying to see if maybe I'm wrong about things.  You call it disingenuous.

No, Americus called it disingenuous. I call it asinine.

Maybe try to use a little Windex.. Your ignorance is really unabated at this point. Not every topic, arguement or discussion needs to be Mikesezplained..

OK well not every topic needs your input either, bud.

(04-01-2023, 07:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 06:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Facts not in evidence, he says. Lol. Welp, show me the data then.

The changes in crime rates that may or may not happen as a result of local elections are not going to change the role America's role in the world, militarily or economically, are they?

(04-01-2023, 06:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: No, Americus called it disingenuous. I call it asinine.

Only topics that strike my fancy.. And at least I didn't provide a wall of word salad text about you being wrong.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 07:30 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-01-2023, 07:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 07:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: The data isn't pertinent to the conversation. 

Only topics that strike my fancy.. And at least I didn't provide a wall of word salad text about you being wrong.

Right. You just say someone's right, or they're wrong, lodge an insult, or a compliment, then check out. It's nice, but if everyone did that this place would get boring quick

(04-01-2023, 07:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:

(04-01-2023, 06:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: No, Americus called it disingenuous. I call it asinine.

Facts not in evidence suggests that the evidence points to different facts. That's easy show with data. You made a statement that needs support, but you can't actually offer support, so you change the discussion. That's why people think you're disingenuous.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 07:31 PM by WingerDinger.)

(04-01-2023, 07:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 07:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: The data isn't pertinent to the conversation. 

Facts not in evidence suggests that the evidence points to different facts. That's easy show with data. You made a statement that needs support, but you can't actually offer support, so you change the discussion. That's why people think you're disingenuous.

Don't forget asinine!

(04-01-2023, 07:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 07:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Only topics that strike my fancy.. And at least I didn't provide a wall of word salad text about you being wrong.

Right. You just say someone's right, or they're wrong, lodge an insult, or a compliment, then check out. It adds so much value.

Dood, if you want FSG proven right, just take a look at the majority of your posts in the majority of the topics. I mean, there's really nothing to prove when it's right there and smacks ya in the face.. It is what it is, brudda.