Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Bills

(01-08-2018, 07:03 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Oh and to the Bills fans that were asking "who have you actually beaten this year?"

Simple answer: YOU!

BOOM!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:03 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Oh and to the Bills fans that were asking "who have you actually beaten this year?"

BOOM!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-08-2018, 06:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:38 PM)Rico Wrote: I believe the original thing started when a player (for the life of me I can't remember who) said, "Welcome to Duval, prepare to be hit."

Mike Peterson I believe

Mike Pete, SNF vs Pitt, 9-0.

(01-08-2018, 05:38 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:36 PM)Jags Wrote: The entire county of Duval is Jacksonville.   There aren’t any other ‘Cities”.   As stupid as it sounds, it does roll off the toungue easier than shouting JAAAAACKSSSSOOOONNVIIIIILLLLE

I believe the original thing started when a player (for the life of me I can't remember who) said, "Welcome to Duval, prepare to be hit."

This. Mike Peterson was the guy.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Jags Wrote:

BOOM!

BOOM!x2

(01-08-2018, 08:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 06:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Mike Peterson I believe

Mike Pete, SNF vs Pitt, 9-0.

That was the best game I’ve ever attended. The team passed out foam “wiggle” sticks for the freebie of the game. Everyone was walking around after the game with their stick in the shape of a 0 and rebranded them “shutout sticks”. Great times.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-07-2018, 12:15 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Aren't all Bills fans Canadian anyways?
Not by a long shot.....

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/12/03/buffal...nto-series

(01-08-2018, 10:59 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 08:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Mike Pete, SNF vs Pitt, 9-0.

That was the best game I’ve ever attended. The team passed out foam “wiggle” sticks for the freebie of the game. Everyone was walking around after the game with their stick in the shape of a 0 and rebranded them “shutout sticks”. Great times.

There’s a well known GIF of a fan giving that O to the camera.

(01-08-2018, 05:54 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: You all are wrong lol

The duval thing started as a college thing. Say you go to FAMU, well there are lot of people from Broward county, Pensacola, other cities in general. Yelling Duval was like a roll call. If you at the Moon (a club in Tallahassee) you scream duval to see how many Jacksonville people in there to let everyone else know how deep you are in the club lol

I would say maybe started in the 80’s honestly

It is precisely a “rep where you stay thing” it just sounds weird cause now people are saying duval while in duval county lol. It’s something you say when you are somewhere else, not in Jacksonville lol.

But it’s cool to see the culture change in Jacksonville. Very happy

(01-08-2018, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's probably was when fans/players really started using it at the stadium. 

However - there was a radio DJ that went by "Easy E" on 92.7 FM in Jax back in the day that used to say "Duuuuuuvvvvallll"  all the time.  Also "West-Saaaahhh-yyyyyyyd" was one of his on air hooks. 

I think he deserves credit.

Ah yes. Easy E and T-Roy on 92.7 the beat. 

The good old days lol

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ne.../505270833

Story on DUUUUVVVVAAAAAALLLLL  ^

(01-08-2018, 05:39 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:29 PM)Chazz Wrote: And can anyone explain the Duval thing? I asked multiple Jags fans, and was told Duval is the county, but nobody could explain it beyond that. Why do you chant the county name? Regardless, it's always fun seeing what traditions the hometown team has.

In the broad sense, Duval is the county that completely encapsulates all of Jacksonville, but it is also a state of mind.

To me personally, #DTWD (Duval til we die) reperesents grit, toughness, rising up to face and overcome the circumstances. It is a rallying cry (hence why it is called out every 3rd down on defense).

I believe it originated with Marcus Stroud in the 2000s. It is very similar to how Miami is "The Three-Oh-Five", their area code.

It actually started as a radio thing years ago.  Jag fans adopted it because it represents a way people can have a unique way of supporting a small market team that is often overlooked and regularly the butt of jokes. It’s a pride thing for Jags fans, and a great chant to express that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-09-2018, 01:13 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:39 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: In the broad sense, Duval is the county that completely encapsulates all of Jacksonville, but it is also a state of mind.

To me personally, #DTWD (Duval til we die) reperesents grit, toughness, rising up to face and overcome the circumstances. It is a rallying cry (hence why it is called out every 3rd down on defense).

I believe it originated with Marcus Stroud in the 2000s. It is very similar to how Miami is "The Three-Oh-Five", their area code.

It actually started as a radio thing years ago.  Jag fans adopted it because it represents a way people can have a unique way of supporting a small market team that is often overlooked and regularly the butt of jokes. It’s a pride thing for Jags fans, and a great chant to express that.

Being a fan of a young team that had to build tradition, many of the things we, as a fan base tried to do to build tradition didn't work because it was forced/contrived.  The move those chains chant caught on for a bit, but any chant that a) can be readily be co-opted by visiting teams fans during the game, and B) sounds hollow as hell when your offense hasn't done anything all day and is accumulating first downs in garbage time losses isn't going to last.  But Duuuuvalllllll, didn't start out as a fan chant, but it's simple, and even the players get in on it.  I think that will last a lot longer than the other chants.  

But God I hope we don't get into the table breaking/fire setting stuff.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!