Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

If the off field stuff is why people don’t want Meyer, why is Bienemy a favourite on here. Bienemy Has loads of baggage, is apparently a terrible interview, zero head coaching experience and is riding the coattails of Mahomes.

He’s far far more of a risk than Meyer in my opinion

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am just diving in and have not read the 38 post, so this might have been answered already. How do his players like him? I know he's been successful, but curious how his players like him /respect him.

Also, did he coach Juju at OSU?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(01-10-2021, 08:45 AM)Ordar Wrote: If the off field stuff is why people don’t want Meyer, why is Bienemy a favourite on here. Bienemy Has loads of baggage, is apparently a terrible interview, zero head coaching experience and is riding the coattails of Mahomes.

He’s far far more of a risk than Meyer in my opinion

Just stay off the road and hide the parking garage attendants if Eric is hired.

(01-10-2021, 09:48 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: I am just diving in and have not read the 38 post, so this might have been answered already. How do his players like him? I know he's been successful, but curious how his players like him /respect him.

JuJu went to USC.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 10:25 AM by mikesez.)

(01-10-2021, 06:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Did Pete Carroll have dudes committing murder on his team?
Because Urban Meyer did, at Florida.

If you're referring to Aaron Hernandez, he committed murder while he was on the New England Patriots.  I guess that would disqualify Bill Belichick from being a coach, right?

I was actually referring to a shooting incident in Gainesville where Aaron Hernandez was a suspect and Reggie Nelson was a person of interest. Neither was ever charged. My memory was fuzzy.  Still, Hernandez was far from a model citizen at UF.

(01-10-2021, 01:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yeah. He's gonna make lots of friends on the team after they find out he texted a racial slur to a recruit. NFL players tend to frown on that sort of behavior.

Urban is a choir boy compared to what I have read about Bieniemy though.

Eh, we had Mike Tice here for a while and that was fine.  Bienemy seems to be turning it around. Still, Bienemy wouldn't be my first choice either. I want Leftwich! Daboll or the Titans OC or Saleh sounds good too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-10-2021, 10:06 AM)no 1 jag fan in Columbus Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 09:48 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: I am just diving in and have not read the 38 post, so this might have been answered already. How do his players like him? I know he's been successful, but curious how his players like him /respect him.

JuJu went to USC.

I guess I'm thinking of someone else. Do the Steelers have a WR from OSU?
― Albert Camus

I'm not looking for a choir boy to lead this team.

I'm looking for a competent, innovative, and adaptable HEAD COACH who will not give up on his team and organization. We already purged some of the spineless losers here from our franchise like Ramsey and Fournette who quit on this team.

(01-10-2021, 10:19 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you're referring to Aaron Hernandez, he committed murder while he was on the New England Patriots.  I guess that would disqualify Bill Belichick from being a coach, right?

I was actually referring to a shooting incident in Gainesville where Aaron Hernandez was a suspect and Reggie Nelson was a person of interest. Neither was ever charged. My memory was fuzzy.  Still, Hernandez was far from a model citizen at UF.

(01-10-2021, 01:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Urban is a choir boy compared to what I have read about Bieniemy though.

Eh, we had Mike Tice here for a while and that was fine.  Bienemy seems to be turning it around.  Still, Bienemy wouldn't be my first choice either.  I want Leftwich! Daboll or the Titans OC or Saleh sounds good too.

What has Leftwich done?

(01-10-2021, 03:25 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 04:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: A total coin flip if the program survives?!?

Dude.. This franchise has been sub-mediocre since it's inauguration (with very few seasons here and there of success)..

If this franchise has survived that long with being next to complete garbage, it can survive Meyer, IF Meyer is even selected..

Again college success does equate NFL success. I'll gladly eat crow if he manages to make the Jags relevant. I just don't see it.

I understand the concern but he's not just a winner in college, he's got the 3rd highest winning percentage of all time in the NCAA. that's not just a run of the mill good college coach.

That may not ultimately translate but there's a good chance it could. Look, Trevor Lawrence has never been in the NFL either but the evidence we have suggests he'll be very good. When evaluating a coaching hire, you have to look at their body of work and take a little bit of a leap of faith as well.

For the people who say he's just a good recruiter but can't coach, well part of recruiting is recognizing talent which should translate even if the nature of that skill is a bit different in the league.

Personally, I have no concerns about his ability to coach per se or that he'll work his [BLEEP] off to be successful. My concern, as others have mentioned is his health. But that won't affect his short term success or lack thereof. The other concern is that his single-minded focus can rub people around him the wrong way at times but maybe in the NFL that will be less of an issue.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-10-2021, 10:27 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:06 AM)no 1 jag fan in Columbus Wrote: JuJu went to USC.

I guess I'm thinking of someone else. Do the Steelers have a WR from OSU?

The sqeelers do not have an OSU receiver on their roster.

(01-10-2021, 11:31 AM)no 1 jag fan in Columbus Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:27 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: I guess I'm thinking of someone else. Do the Steelers have a WR from OSU?

The sqeelers do not have an OSU receiver on their roster.
Ha! Thanks. I have no clue what I'm thinking about!
― Albert Camus

(01-10-2021, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:19 AM)mikesez Wrote: I was actually referring to a shooting incident in Gainesville where Aaron Hernandez was a suspect and Reggie Nelson was a person of interest. Neither was ever charged. My memory was fuzzy.  Still, Hernandez was far from a model citizen at UF.

Eh, we had Mike Tice here for a while and that was fine.  Bienemy seems to be turning it around.  Still, Bienemy wouldn't be my first choice either.  I want Leftwich! Daboll or the Titans OC or Saleh sounds good too.

What has Leftwich done?
His offense is 7th league-wide in yards per game and total yards on the season, and 2nd overall in passing yardage. 

Of course, there's the whole, Brady, Mike Evans, Godwin, Gronkowski side of the equation, LOL.

(01-10-2021, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What has Leftwich done?
His offense is 7th league-wide in yards per game and total yards on the season, and 2nd overall in passing yardage. 

Of course, there's the whole, Brady, Mike Evans, Godwin, Gronkowski side of the equation, LOL.

So.. that makes Leftwich the new Belichick..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Leftwich just put up more points than a division winner. The true GOAT.

(01-10-2021, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What has Leftwich done?

Leftwich' offense has beat ONE team with a winning record this year thru 17 games. Let's pump the brakes on this one for another year and see where we are then.

(01-10-2021, 12:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: His offense is 7th league-wide in yards per game and total yards on the season, and 2nd overall in passing yardage. 

Leftwich' offense has beat ONE team with a winning record this year thru 17 games. Let's pump the brakes on this one for another year and see where we are then.
Well Brady will be there next year so I wouldnt say one more year.  Let's see how he does without Brady again like when his QB led the league in picks last year and is the 3rd string QB and past 1st overall pick

Leftwich gonna start coming out in cutoff hoodies and sweatshirts lololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I could see Gabbert being a future coach as well, learning under the 2 best

(01-10-2021, 12:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Leftwich' offense has beat ONE team with a winning record this year thru 17 games. Let's pump the brakes on this one for another year and see where we are then.
Well Brady will be there next year so I wouldnt say one more year.  Let's see how he does without Brady again like when his QB led the league in picks last year and is the 3rd string QB and past 1st overall pick

This is why I cant buy into the Beinemy hype. My wife could be the OC for KC and she thinks football is played with your feet.

Bieniemy is still my favorite but I am really interested in Smith and Daboll. Just something about Meyer, I do not want.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]