Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kapernick the perfect fit for this team

(08-23-2017, 09:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Uh well yeah. Bortles has thrown 1,706 passes, Kap has thrown 1,692. Of course their career stats would be similar. Bortles has thrown 51 picks, Kap has only thrown 30. You aren't helping your argument here.  

You can what if until the cows come home and create fictional situations if you want. I prefer to look at reality. The reality that Kap is a better QB than Bortles. Its not that hard to see. I'm surprised we still have people stanning for Blake. 

Do you think Henne is better than Kap? Because he's beating Bortles out right now.

Wallbash Says something when folks would rather stick with the mediocre QBs on the roster. Your alternate reality of Kaep being the savior does not jive with real world. Eventually I'll get you to look at all the stats, maybe some games to see the similarities and big picture. 

What makes you think I appreciate Bortle's play and that he is the answer? Fact of the matter is, We don't have a franchise QB on this roster. FYI, Kaep isn't the one. He might be a worthwhile upgrade over Allen, but doesn't offer much over the others in the stable of mediocrity. 

Maybe your GOAT will catch on elsewhere for a few games so you can marvel at his other worldly abilities.

(08-23-2017, 09:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Do you think Henne is better than Kap?
Kaep is more athletic than Henne for sure but at this point I don't think Kaep would beat him out in this system.

Point me out to some valid stats that show Bortles is better and I'd be glad to take a look. 

Your debate skills need work. Throughout the discussion the point has been that Kap is better than any QB on our roster. It's not that he's an amazing QB or anything. Simply that he's better than what we have. No mention of him being a GOAT or anything like that.  

That's not the question though. We'll try again, do you think Henne is a better QB than Kap?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2017, 10:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 09:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Wallbash Says something when folks would rather stick with the mediocre QBs on the roster. Your alternate reality of Kaep being the savior does not jive with real world. Eventually I'll get you to look at all the stats, maybe some games to see the similarities and big picture. 

What makes you think I appreciate Bortle's play and that he is the answer? Fact of the matter is, We don't have a franchise QB on this roster. FYI, Kaep isn't the one. He might be a worthwhile upgrade over Allen, but doesn't offer much over the others in the stable of mediocrity. 

Maybe your GOAT will catch on elsewhere for a few games so you can marvel at his other worldly abilities.

Kaep is more athletic than Henne for sure but at this point I don't think Kaep would beat him out in this system.

Point me out to some valid stats that show Bortles is better and I'd be glad to take a look. 

Your debate skills need work. Throughout the discussion the point has been that Kap is better than any QB on our roster. It's not that he's an amazing QB or anything. Simply that he's better than what we have. No mention of him being a GOAT or anything like that.  

That's not the question though. We'll try again, do you think Henne is a better QB than Kap?
Have you watched Kaep play? I gave you two links with their stats but you refuse to responsibly look at those stats and the context with which they were garnered. I can't help you beyond that point.   

To the Henne point, I answered you in another post. No, in this system, Kaep is not better than Henne or Bortles. They all suck.

We own a beat-up Yugo, a newer Kia, and something (Corvette or Ford Focus?) parked in the garage that we haven't driven yet. Why spend more to buy an older Hyundai with maintenance issues? Kaep is not an upgrade opportunity! You think he's great and I think he sucks. Neither of us will be convinced otherwise. I'll let this thread die.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

People do realize Kaep kneeing is a silent protest to many African Americans and minorities being mistreated? Why is this offensive? I don't get it.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 05:44 AM by JackCity.)

(08-24-2017, 03:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 10:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Point me out to some valid stats that show Bortles is better and I'd be glad to take a look. 

Have you watched Kaep play? I gave you two links with their stats but you refuse to responsibly look at those stats and the context with which they were garnered. I can't help you beyond that point.   

To the Henne point, I answered you in another post. No, in this system, Kaep is not better than Henne or Bortles. They all suck.

We own a beat-up Yugo, a newer Kia, and something (Corvette or Ford Focus?) parked in the garage that we haven't driven yet. Why spend more to buy an older Hyundai with maintenance issues? Kaep is not an upgrade opportunity! You think he's great and I think he sucks. Neither of us will be convinced otherwise. I'll let this thread die.
Watched his entire career. Yeah we just discussed his stats.  Kap has a better interception rate, better TD rate,  better QB rating , is more efficient and averages more yards per attempt. He's better than Bortles in every facet. It's not hard to see.   

Trying to argue that Henne is a better fit for a system that Kap has previously excelled in (run heavy WCO with lots playaction) is hilarious. There isn't a single thing Henne does better at as a QB than Kap. Yeah sure it might takes a handful of weeks to let the playbook sink in but the reality is we aren't running anything complex. Run , run , short pass in the flat or find Arob. It's probably the easiest scheme to run and learn. Especially when you have years using a replica scheme already.

If its about W's then there is no reason RG3 or Kap were not brought in. At least show the team and the fans that the front office is willing to put a real fire under Bortles butt. Henne is not the guy.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(08-25-2017, 04:34 AM)haveaseat Wrote: People do realize Kaep kneeing is a silent protest to many African Americans and minorities being mistreated? Why is this offensive? I don't get it.

The fact you don't understand why people are offended by the timing of his protest says a lot about you.

I had quite a few things typed out about why they could be offended, but then I realized you could just read this a few threads on this board.

(08-25-2017, 04:34 AM)haveaseat Wrote: People do realize Kaep kneeing is a silent protest to many African Americans and minorities being mistreated? Why is this offensive? I don't get it.
Quite honestly I don't give a [BLEEP]. I don't watch football to stay up to date on the newest political outrage.

I can't speak for everyone, but here is my perspective.

I don't have a problem with the fact that he protests, but in the manner in which he does.  If he wore an armband or a hat on the sidelines to call out his issue, or even stood with his fist in the air during the coin flip or something it would be less inflammatory.

The reason myself and many others get so upset about kneeling before the flag and during the anthem is that so many have fought and died to protect the flag.  The Anthem it self is a tribute to American resilience and their refusal to give up during the bombing of Fort McHenry during the War of 1812.  I just feel it's very disrespectful to the Men and Women of the Armed Forces.

Protests should be carried out in a way to bring positive change and improved conditions.  Does anyone really think he has accomplished remotely close to that?

I'm not offended at all. Personally I think the whole national anthem hand over heart salute the flag thing is silly.

My issue stems from a guy talking about oppression and inequality while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt....
My issue with the guy is in his audacity to opt out of an NFL contract, go on some weird find yourself hiatus and then allow people to say he is being blackballed. Dude quit.
My issue is, wearing pig cop socks doesn't do anything to help the situation of "the black man" it only adds to the controversy and overall problem of citizen and police relations.

My biggest issue is that this is just another 'talking point' for people on either side of hate to sling mud at each other. These sorts of things don't do anything to address the problem or add to a solution. And within this talking point all we do is further the divide between races by making it about race.
A cop shoots an unarmed man, it's a problem, it doesn't matter what his skin color is.

Name 1 good thing that has come from his protest? This dude ain't no Rosa frickin Parks!

(08-25-2017, 10:14 AM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but here is my perspective.

I don't have a problem with the fact that he protests, but in the manner in which he does.  If he wore an armband or a hat on the sidelines to call out his issue, or even stood with his fist in the air during the coin flip or something it would be less inflammatory.

The reason myself and many others get so upset about kneeling before the flag and during the anthem is that so many have fought and died to protect the flag.  The Anthem it self is a tribute to American resilience and their refusal to give up during the bombing of Fort McHenry during the War of 1812.  I just feel it's very disrespectful to the Men and Women of the Armed Forces.

Protests should be carried out in a way to bring positive change and improved conditions.  Does anyone really think he has accomplished remotely close to that?

Maybe if he wore some pigs dressed as cops or a picture of a communist like Fidel Castro on his clothing we'd understand where he was coming from.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-25-2017, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote:

I'm not offended at all. Personally I think the whole national anthem hand over heart salute the flag thing is silly.

My issue stems from a guy talking about oppression and inequality while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt....
My issue with the guy is in his audacity to opt out of an NFL contract, go on some weird find yourself hiatus and then allow people to say he is being blackballed. Dude quit.
My issue is, wearing pig cop socks doesn't do anything to help the situation of "the black man" it only adds to the controversy and overall problem of citizen and police relations.

My biggest issue is that this is just another 'talking point' for people on either side of hate to sling mud at each other. These sorts of things don't do anything to address the problem or add to a solution. And within this talking point all we do is further the divide between races by making it about race.
A cop shoots an unarmed man, it's a problem, it doesn't matter what his skin color is.

Name 1 good thing that has come from his protest? This dude ain't no Rosa frickin Parks!

Kap was being cut whether he opted out or not.  

The Fidel Castro thing was dumb as hell for someone preaching about human rights. A small amount of history reading would have told him how cruel Castro was to millions. The pig stuff didn't help either. 

I think his heart is in the right place he's just been pretty naive about how he's gone about it.

You're obviously just an idiot and too dense to understand.

Jim Brown is awesome and puts it in perspective quite eloquently,  but I guess he's a racist clan member via the libtard point of view.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20459...s-activism
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(08-26-2017, 03:44 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

You're obviously just an idiot and too dense to understand.

Jim Brown is awesome and puts it in perspective quite eloquently,  but I guess he's a racist clan member via the libtard point of view.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20459...s-activism

The same Jim Brown that beat several women? Why should his opinion hold any weight?

KEEP IT ABOUT FOOTBALL IN THIS FORUM OR GO TO THIS THREAD TO DEBATE YOUR POLITICAL STANCE ON THE ISSUE:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21723

This isn't the first polite warning. You'll receive less polite warnings in the future for political discussion in a football thread.

(08-27-2017, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: KEEP IT ABOUT FOOTBALL IN THIS FORUM OR GO TO THIS THREAD TO DEBATE YOUR POLITICAL STANCE ON THE ISSUE:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21723

This isn't the first polite warning. You'll receive less polite warnings in the future for political discussion in a football thread.

Noted.  

Its hard to keep any discussion about Kap in football terms..

(08-23-2017, 10:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 09:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Wallbash Says something when folks would rather stick with the mediocre QBs on the roster. Your alternate reality of Kaep being the savior does not jive with real world. Eventually I'll get you to look at all the stats, maybe some games to see the similarities and big picture. 

You want a valid stat?

Bortles has thrown 69 career touchdowns, and has 6 additional rushing/receiving touchdowns giving him 75 touchdowns in 3 seasons.  He's averaging 25 TDs a year with the Jags. His AVERAGE over 3 years beats the previous franchise record of 20 TDs that stood for years.

Kaepernick has 72 passing touchdowns and 13 rushing touchdowns over SIX seasons.  He's averaging just over 14 touchdowns a year.

Hardly the dynamic franchise saver you seem to think he is.

For the record, I'm not claiming Bortles is anything to celebrate.  But, this fantasy some here have concocted where Kaepernick is an upgrade is borderline laughable.  He's not.

As far as him being better than Henne, who cares? How many snaps has Henne taken the past 3 seasons? The distraction alone that Kaepernick would bring to a backup role would be ridiculous. Without getting into the politics of it, it's clear that if he's signed by some team to play the backup, that franchise will immediately be accused of being racist for not anointing him the starter immediately, and will be under tremendous pressure to do so by outside interests who couldn't care less about the football aspect of his NFL career. No thanks.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-27-2017, 05:52 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 10:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Point me out to some valid stats that show Bortles is better and I'd be glad to take a look. 

You want a valid stat?

Bortles has thrown 69 career touchdowns, and has 6 additional rushing/receiving touchdowns giving him 75 touchdowns in 3 seasons.  He's averaging 25 TDs a year with the Jags.  His AVERAGE over 3 years beats the previous franchise record of 20 TDs that stood for years.

Kaepernick has 72 passing touchdowns and 13 rushing touchdowns over SIX seasons.  He's averaging just over 14 touchdowns a year.

Hardly the dynamic franchise saver you seem to think he is.

For the record, I'm not claiming Bortles is anything to celebrate.  But, this fantasy some here have concocted where Kaepernick is an upgrade is borderline laughable.  He's not.

As far as him being better than Henne, who cares?  How many snaps has Henne taken the past 3 seasons?  The distraction alone that Kaepernick would bring to a backup role would be ridiculous.  Without getting into the politics of it, it's clear that if he's signed by some team to play the backup, that franchise will immediately be accused of being racist for not anointing him the starter immediately, and will be under tremendous pressure to do so by outside interests who couldn't care less about the football aspect of his NFL career.  No thanks.
Bortles has thrown 100 more passes than Kap has. He has less touchdowns in more attempts. He throws TDs at a lesser rate and throws interceptions at a much higher rate. His QB rating is much lower. He's much worse under pressure. To put it simply, he's straight up a worse QB than Kap, and a worse fit for what this team is trying to do.   

No actually. As I've said already I don't think Kap is a top 10 QB or that he's a perfect fit to be a franchise QB for the next 8 years. He's a short term option at best. The argument is simply that he's a good bit better than Bortles and gives us a better chance to win than Bortles does. A fairly simple concept easily seen by watching both play and by also looking at the results of their play. 

Well yeah that's the whole issue isn't it? That it's more than just football with Kap now. The whole thing has become such a media circus. I can somewhat understand teams not wanting that (even though it's a vicious circle , if he was signed earlier we wouldn't even be talking about him now). What I don't agree with is the blatant laziness in how he's talked about as a player , he's a good enough QB to play in the NFL as a starter for several teams and would be the best backup QB in the league.

it's much deeper than that...I can live with people who take a stand for a cause if thats what they really believe, but my thing about him is...wait for it....he's not a good QB...That's the sole reason I don't want him...He had ONE good year and the rest were pure [BLEEP]...We can get a better QB in the draft

(09-03-2017, 11:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...1119358977

Got to love Tom for keeping it real and not letting media try and put words in his mouth.